Deck of the Week #1 Jan 1 - Jan 7

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
siovale

Re: Deck of the Week #25 Jan 1 - Jan 7

Post by siovale »

Updated Thursday.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

5 January
5 of Coins

Today will be a day of application and commitment, but perhaps also a day where I might feel overstretched. Base card was 4 of Swords, so maybe some leisure time might need to be planned in.
Last edited by BrightEye on 06 Jan 2018, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

4 of Swords

So the series of three majors has been bookended by sequential swords. The first thing that struck me about the card was all of the blue. Despite being an air card, it really connected to the watery colors of the past few days. If I didn't know any better, I could almost say that those clouds were reflections in the water rather than actual clouds in the sky.

In the 5 of Swords that started out the week, the four swords were broken. Here, they are whole again. Transformed through the death card from fragments into a new and useful whole.

I have a feeling that this is the end of this particular run of cards. We've had a M-F week and a clear form of 5 of Swords moving down to the 4 of Swords separated by the XI-XII-XII series. I'll definitely draw and see what happens, but I got the feeling things were complete. I also decided to consult the lenormand.

Question: "Having drawn the 4 of Swords, is this set of readings complete?"
Draw: Rider-Moon-Sun
Answer: Yes. 3 positive cards equals a yes answer. Furthermore, the particular cards themselves say that the deck's job of delivering a message has been successful.

I'm going to see what happens tomorrow, marinate a bit, and put all the cards (including the three-card post-Lust draw) together and post what I find.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Updated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

6 January
4 of Swords

A day of rest seems to be in order, but I have to work.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

BrightEye wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 04:32 6 January
4 of Swords

A day of rest seems to be in order, but I have to work.
Can you take it really easy, though, and still get done what you need to?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

The Sun

I think I know what this is about, but I'm not sharing right now. Short on time.

What I found to be Super Interesting was the the 4 of swords was the base card for this draw. I took it as further emphasis that the line of cards that began with the 5 of swords is over.

Along those lines it's another solar card, like Lust. So, at the top and bottom of the deck (Sun and swords), we have the two important notions from the reading bookended here. Nice little summary.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Charlie Brown wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 13:12 The Sun

I think I know what this is about, but I'm not sharing right now. Short on time.

What I found to be Super Interesting was the the 4 of swords was the base card for this draw. I took it as further emphasis that the line of cards that began with the 5 of swords is over.

Along those lines it's another solar card, like Lust. So, at the top and bottom of the deck (Sun and swords), we have the two important notions from the reading bookended here. Nice little summary.
:icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Update for yesterday.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Well I started off just wanting to explore my new deck with a few random thoughts but it's all fitted together in the course of the week to really encourage me to read this story in German that will expand my mind and get my imagination going again, dreaming of a larger vision of the universe, so three cheers for Quantum Tarot :clap: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links