Deck of the Week #1 Jan 1 - Jan 7

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #1 Jan 1 - Jan 7

Post by Charlie Brown »

It's a new year and a new week! Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Re: Deck of the Week #25 Jan 1 - Jan 7

Post by siovale »

I decided to participate this week, since I'm new to ET.
I also decided to try out Brandywine's blueprint.

I'm waiting for the Journey into Egypt deck that I'm very excited about, but, in the meantime, will go, this week, with The Victorian Romantic Tarot that I feel connected to, but haven't really used that much. It's a beautiful deck that lives up to its moniker of being romantic in so many ways.

So, here goes. I'm drawing all the weekly forecast cards now and will pull one card on the morning of each day, starting tomorrow.

Monday
Two of Pentacles

Striking a balance on the first day of the year. Can't spread myself too thinly. Also, have to be versatile.

Tomorrow, I will post the daily card I draw and then my conclusions at the end of the day, re. how the energies of my daily card manifested in my life and how both cards worked together.
how both cards worked together.

So, I drew the Four of Swords for today (Monday):

On a much needed vacation. Energy is low, so there is need to get in touch with inner self. Portends a possible hospital stay. Some frustration. Have to focus on self. Meditate. Need to take time out.

Will post end of day conclusions later re. combination of both cards.

Well, this was a strange day. On the one hand, the 4 of Swords manifested itself as low energy, since I just read and didn't feel like doing much. I took time out. In attempting to strike a balance, however, as the 2 of Pentacles suggested, I was faced with frustration because I had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that I do have to focus more on my inner self in order to be more resilient to the changes I foresee having to face this year. There are relationships that I realize are one-sided and need to go.

Interesting that these two "Monday" cards married quite well. The need for balance while realizing that change will require that I be versatile while also protecting myself.

Tuesday
Ten of Cups

Joy and contentment in personal relationships. Celebrating friendship. Being grateful.

Drew The Sun this morning.

Enthusiasm. Illuminating, cleansing, Possibilities. Celebration. Waiting to see how this works through my day and connects to the Ten of Cups.

Well, again, this was an interesting pairing. We were invited to supper at a friend's to celebrate her birthday, so the Ten of Cups was definitely relevant as was the Sun. This particular Sun card speaks to me of lightness, exuberance, celebration and easy joy. It is unambiguous in the expression of carefree emotion. The get-together turned out very well which is also an attribute of the Sun. We were supposed to be four, but my friend's son and his girlfriend joined us, so it turned out to be a family affair of sorts (Ten of Cups). I received the deck I had ordered (TJIE tarot) and it is even more beautiful than what I saw online. Hoping for the best connection I've had so far with any of my decks. The idea of clearing and cleansing that the Sun also posits surfaced overnight through very bad indigestion. I'm surprised how accurate both these cards were for yesterday regarding mundane affairs. Also, how they paired so well.

Wednesday
Four of Wands

This card suggests, again, merriment and great happiness.Invitations. Community. Feeling safe and secure. Rest and relaxation is well earned.

Drew the Seven of Swords this morning.

Well, this combination is perplexing. If anything, the opposite of the Four of Wands was true for my day, although the rest and relaxation I'm getting, now, is definitely well earned. Really more of the Seven of Swords. This card, in regards to health matters, suggests being wary of unnecessary treatments. Thought a lot about that, yesterday, because I've been reading books written by a man called Ehret. He posits that anything, absolutely anything can be cured through diet and fasting. True? Nonsense?

Thursday
Three of Pentacles

Suggests expertise, recognition for that and using it to teach/help others. Focus is on the mastery of one's career. Using one's skills to create something enduring.

Knight of Cups

Focus on emotion; the path with heart. The appearance of a new kind of experience. Finding emotional balance.

I continue to be surprised by the way cards drawn on Sunday for the whole week match, for the most part, so well with cards pulled daily. Today is another example of this.
Had lunch with a colleague who needed my professional "expertise" and was helped by it. The Three of Pentacles, in this deck, shows an older person demonstrating a skill to children. How pertinent this was today, since my colleague and I deal with adolescents and she asked for my help regarding her students. Then, later in the day, I was asked to help with electronic equipment because that person believes that I can resolve the issues she has with some of her equipment. (My success in helping her has been more fluke than anything else, yet she's convinced I know what I'm doing). The old man in the Three of Pentacles certainly looks like he is a master craftsman.
If I look at the Knight of Cups... Carefree young man being fawned over by grateful (?) females, there is relevance. No one was fawning over me, but gratitude was expressed (although in the electronics case, unwarranted) and whatever help I was able to give was given with the best of intentions. My emotions were more balanced, today, and lighter. I cannot help feeling that in general terms, 2018, will be a year of extraordinary shifting, change, upheaval, discarding what no longer serves, etc. A year where things will be shaken up and will come to a head, not just on a personal level, but, also, on a universal level. This feeling that appeared as a really new kind of experience for me has been with me very strongly today.

Friday
Nine of Wands

The first thing that strikes me about this card is how devoted to duty this Roman sentry seems. There is determination and the strength to keep going, even if the undertaking is wearisome.

This morning's card:
Three of Wands

Planning ahead with confidence. Longing for new horizons.

Again, this match is absolutely relevant. I have work that I have to finish before my holiday is over. The Nine of Wands certainly reinforces that. Both the Nine of Wands and the Three of Wands speak to my burning desire to be done with my career. Professionally, I had to plan ahead for next week with I can always do with confidence, given that I've been at this career for many, many years. Yet, I do long for new horizons. Long to change my life to new interests.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens when the week is over and I look back for patterns, etc.

Saturday
The Magician

Queen of Wands

The Queen of Wands is me. It is my significator and I identify with many aspects of this archetype.

In spite of the fact that I only go back to work on Monday, Saturday was spent working at home. It was very productive and I definitely had to apply my knowledge to evaluate the dozens of papers I had to correct.

Sunday

Ace of Wands

Embarking upon something new, especially job related.

Eight of Wands

End of my holiday. :64(32):

This combination really does speak to my immediate reality. Going back to work, to something new because, in my case, it always changes. Sunday hasn't brought me good news, yet, but hope there are good developments ahead.

Going to look at the whole week, think a little and return with my thoughts about the whole week. It was interesting to work with These tarot cards and I am really surprised by how relevant they were and how well they fit together. Amazing, really.

Looking forward to other people's readings.
Last edited by siovale on 07 Jan 2018, 17:26, edited 10 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm so glad that your joining us this week Siovale. I'm extra excited that you're using the Victorian Romantic. I've pre-ordered a copy of the new edition that's going to be published this spring, so I'm excited to be getting a little preview of it in action.

I got a Tabula Mundi for Christmas. It's an incredibly difficult deck, but I think I'm going to try and get my feet wet with it on the daily draw.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Just looked at that deck. Does seem difficult, but very interesting. Obviously you connect with it, so I think your journey will be quite revealing. Looking forward to your comments. :))

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

OK I will use the Quantum Tarot and am just looking for something like a thought of the day, an idea or feeling to focus on. The deck combines meanings from both Tarot and Science so either one might appeal or even both.

Monday: Queen of Pentacles (Earth).
The Earth has all that it needs for life to flourish, a comfortable environment composed of endlessly interacting components, forever producing new and beautiful creations.

Tuesday: Temperance (Supersymmetry).
Shadow particles as yet undetected. Growth through the refining and blending of varied and even contradictory components.

Wednesday: 2 of Swords (Dark matter).
Mysterious stuff that doesn't react with ordinary matter. Internal conflict and conditioning obscuring the truth.
Hmm, which meaning is it? I've drawn from the Solar System and Elements fact cards to find out.
Jupiter summarises the many wonders of the Jupiter system, awe inspiring and a challenge to the imagination.
Beryllium is used to make spacecraft or missiles - the two swords. The mind can be employed in a destructive or constructive way - to worry about mundane affairs or to imagine something unseen but wonderful.

Thursday: The Magician (The Electromagnetic Force).
The full spectrum of rays. Manipulating energy to reveal the invisible. Creating something from nothing, illuminating the unconscious.

Friday: Page of Wands (Orion).
Childlike enthusiasm and energy. A very encouraging sign for new projects and interests.

Saturday: 9 of Pentacles (Quasar).
Strong energy radiating from no visible source. Independence, self-determination, having the means to decide and act as one wishes.

Sunday: The World (A Theory of Everything).
Imagining an infinite, unlimited universe, and a world view that makes sense of everything. Being able to live happily in ones current restricted portion of reality while having a feeling that there is so much more hidden beyond.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

I would like to join in using the Pumariega Tarot.

1 January
9 of Coins

What struck me today with this card, which shows 3x3 coins in neat rows, is that the faces on the coins all look in the same direction, to the left. I’ve been thinking about a project that involves something I’ve done in the past, something that was and still is of value to me. I’m thinking of resurrecting it and creating a more solid narrative around it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

BrightEye wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 05:35 I would like to join in using the Pumariega Tarot.

1 January
9 of Coins

What struck me today with this card, which shows 3x3 coins in neat rows, is that the faces on the coins all look in the same direction, to the left. I’ve been thinking about a project that involves something I’ve done in the past, something that was and still is of value to me. I’m thinking of resurrecting it and creating a more solid narrative around it.
Interesting, BrightEye. Really like the way you've interpreted this card. Looked at the deck on AE. Very unusual. :) Love to see how different decks speak to people.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Jan. 1

5 of Swords

Well, that's a pleasant way to start the new year. :icon_lol: I take this card as a warning, but of what? Perhaps someone is out to get me but, more likely, it's a warning that I'm in a position to "get got."

It's interesting that although the RWS and the Thoth each see this card as one of defeat, they differ as to what causes the defeat. In the Thoth, it seems that defeat stems from being too soft and complacent. In seeking peace, we leave ourselves open to those who would do us harm. Perhaps, in the new year, it's better to harden and clarify, to let compromise arise out of the natural balance between opposing forces rather than a blending or weakening of one's nature or position,
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Charlie Brown wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 14:02 Jan. 1

5 of Swords

Well, that's a pleasant way to start the new year. :icon_lol: I take this card as a warning, but of what? Perhaps someone is out to get me but, more likely, it's a warning that I'm in a position to "get got."

It's interesting that although the RWS and the Thoth each see this card as one of defeat, they differ as to what causes the defeat. In the Thoth, it seems that defeat stems from being too soft and complacent. In seeking peace, we leave ourselves open to those who would do us harm. Perhaps, in the new year, it's better to harden and clarify, to let compromise arise out of the natural balance between opposing forces rather than a blending or weakening of one's nature or position,
:))))

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
siovale

Post by siovale »

Just added an update to my initial post re. "Monday's" cards. Added something to Tuesday's "situational" card.

My Deck of the Week #25 Jan 1 - Jan 7 Entry

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links