Deck of the Week #10: March 5 - March 11

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #10: March 5 - March 11

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:

Nemia: Margarete Petersen Tarot
Charlotte K: Japaridze and Thoth Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Deck of the Week #10: March 5 - March 11

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm using the Japaridze paired with Thoth this week.

Today I got Ace of Tides and Four of Disks.

This perfectly summed up my day at work running a meeting with my team. We had fun any enjoyed each other's company but there was work to be done and that was down to me to make sure it got done.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Wow, this week everything went pear shaped, and here I am on Wednesday and didn't even START my deck of the week routine. Let's see what Margarete Petersen can tell me about that!

I love the deck and was obsessed with it before I bought it. The art is amazing and just my taste in art. But the images are very individual and open to interpretation. I have to tune in on her images. The book is in parts helpful but overall a bit vague. She writes so many vague sentences with every card and most of them don't really reflect the images - any sentence might suit many different cards. Maybe it's better to look only at the cards. The art is strong enough for that.

Monday: Eight of Cups. I see the meeting between the unformed, gentle water and the geometrical, rational Eight. A block or rock under water, hidden undercurrents - but also the gentle movement of hair in the waves. Saturn, fallen into the sea and nearly submerged...

The text tells me nothing. German is such a cloudy language. You can write pages and pages without saying anything. Unconnected phrases. I notice the book is getting on my nerves...

Did I have a difficult day on Monday? No. Oh poor cards - my life is so boring and they offer me week after week messages that are much too colourful. But of course - even in the boring routine, it's all there. And I do have this feeling of lying like a block in the water, wanting to go with the flow but right now, too heavy, to detached to do so.

Tuesday: Renewal or Judgement. Now this card makes me smile. A cousin of mine paints abstract paintings, nothing special, but one of her paintings is famous in the family. It looks a bit like this card, and her children call it "lightning in the loo". So here we have a lightning in the loo and it looks great and optimistic. Petersen doesn't hold with the Christian iconography often seen on that card, and instead, she shows us how to escape the vortex of everyday life. I like that. And it suits what I did on Tuesday. Yes, the poem in the book is meaningful-meager. Oh someone take that book away from me!

Wednesday: the day that is drawing to a close while I write these lines. Yes, I did a lot of practical things today. I also earned some money. And my son, the one that I associate with this card - I spoke with him today. Two more months and he'll come to visit. I miss my boys horribly. Better not think about it! Maybe I feel so dead lately because I have to put out the fires of longing every day - otherwise I can't function. But I see him before my inner eye, pragmatic, reliable, kind hearted and pure gold from within and without.

Thursday: so that's the day just about to come in - eight more minutes and it's Thursday already. The crone. Aren't these cards beautiful? I feel that horrible little book really cheapens these expressive cards by adding trite little poems, one New Age cliche after the other. But the card is powerful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

nemia, wow, so abstract and minimal... talk about tapping into a subliminal/subconscious interaction with the imagery! what a mood they set... that 8 of cups... it’s like a rothko deck.

definitely not for beginners, haha.

charlotte, that ace is so minimal too. the thoth card less so, but still very abstract.

a modern deck week for sure. :icon_razz:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Minimal / surreal / modern art deck week!

Today I have The Chariot and Three of Wands.

Wow another strong work combo. I really see these cards as speaking to me about taking my responsibilities seriously, using the power I have to drive forward my ideas, but doing this in the right way for the right reasons not to further aany personal ambitions.

It's also snowing here and I have to drive 40 miles to get to a meeting so those wheels on the white background also feel very apt!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

aaahh you got snow... very apt card colors! they sorta look like bicycles tho — it’s a good thing you have a vehicle. drive safe!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, the art is of this deck is among the best I've seen.

Today's card: the Mother of Flames - that's the Queen of Wands in other decks. Now that's wonderful - today, the third decan of Pisces begin (depending on which book or website you follow, it might also be a day later - I decided on one system and that's it), and that means the Queen of Wands begins her rule. She will be there when with Pisces the old year ends and the new one comes rushing in - Aries, cardinal spring, a new Ace and Princess (this time, Earth, preparing for the spring fix sign Taurus), and it's the seam when we have twice Mars, of all planets Mars!, ruling one decan after the other.

I'm just in the middle of putting up my Ten of Cups cards and the Queen of Wands on my tarot calendar. And of course this card means what all fire cards tell me - more warmth, more energy, more movement!

This deck is certainly special, and I like it. Just look how Fire and Water interact here, the Queen of Wands as Water of Fire - and her leopard looking in - everything seems to move in a blazing outburst of energy. Let's hope I'll get some of this...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

boldly colored fire card but still subtle with the devil and those eyes hiding out in the margins!

did you burn the book yet? :icon_evil: :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Probably the Mother of Flames told me to do exactly that! But I can't burn books... and some of the "pomes" are slightly better than the others... so....

The High Priestess for today. What a gift.

I find Petersen's art more powerful when it's abstract and expressive. That's mainly in the minors. I like her surrealist-figurative paintings less but that's a matter of taste. I like her wilder brush strokes better than controlled ones, ber bold colours better than subtle. So for me, the Queen of Flames is much more powerful and intuitive than the High Priestess in this deck because she evokes more in me. (Both cards make use of the red-blue contrast - it's the contrast of warm vs cool, extrovert vs introvert, but obviously it's also the old colour scheme for the depiction of the Madonna - red like human life, blue like the celestial sphere...)

But her egg-eye symbolism, the dark vs illuminated moon, the swords and cup, and the shell with a pearl... all powerful symbols, beautifully painted. I'm not keen on graphic symbols like the pentagram in a deck that relies on painterly means to get the message across but hey, I'm super-critical. And that's in a way a compliment to Petersen because she's a real artist. And I feel the power of her brush.

Who doesn't love the High Priestess? I do - although I'd pick Temperance and the Empress before the High Priestess to show who I am.

Let's see what she brings today. This week is already nearly over. I can't believe the speed of time flying by.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My last day with the Margarete Petersen. Yesterday I had the High Priestess, some days ago the Mother of Flames, and today it's the Daughter of Coins - female presences in my life. Oh, and I had the Crone/Hermit, too. I think of my own arch in life - I started out as a Princess of Disks/Coins/Pentacles (I still feel very close to that card and love it), I became a Mother of Flames full of energy and care for my children and many projects, the High Priestess means calming down and re-discovering my own inner life, and I'm technically a crone (although I confess - I don't feel like one --- yet).

Looking at this week, it was not a situational reading but a life cycle reading. Very personal, very emotional. This is a wonderful deck - as long as I don't touch the book :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links