Deck of the Week #14: April 2-8

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #14: April 2-8

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Il Lombardi Daneggiato

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #14: April 2-8

Post by Seldes Katne »

I'm taking a break from reading for myself for a bit. I did a lot of that in March, and I feel as though I'm living in an echo chamber right now. But I'll be back.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Seldes Katne, I totally understand that! and enjoy the time outside the echo chamber ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My first card for tomorrow:

Six of Cups! Who doesn't love this card? And isn't the deck a beauty? It's Freder's (from Duck Soup) version of the Neo-Classical Gumppenberg, a deck so elegant that Emma Woodhouse might have kept it in her night table - but Freder put it through the wringer and it looks SO old and worn out and scratched and dirty :-)

It's the Lombardi Danneggiato.

I'm sure the day that starts in a few minutes will be wonderful.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, yesterday was a cozy Six of Cups day. And today - Judgement. Wow again. I just had a discussion within the family which was like Judgement day of my parenting. I heard some difficult truths and had to accept them. It was btw no fight but a real discussion where each side aired his/her problems. It took a load from my heart.

So this card is spot on for today.

I knew this deck is fantastic!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

haha “the deck that looks like hell” :icon_lol:

it is a pretty deck, distressed or not. glad to hear things are working out for yourself home. hey, since the family’s all gathered around for discussions, maybe you can get them to help with some gardening! :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Kyan, that's my diabolic plan for today... but don't tell anyone!!!

And you wouldn't believe it - here is the Page of Swords, i.e. my daughters with secateurs ;-)

The Pages are very often stand-ins for my daughters, and the Knights for my sons. This time it's clear: time for the girls to take some sharp equipment and rush to their mother's defense against weeds an unruly branches. :icon_lol:

I swear that I didn't plan that card!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

:thumbup:

well, good... it just makes sense. tell them it’s called “earthing”. getting in touch with mother earth, energizing their souls, soaking up the sun a bit... they should do it barefoot for maximum benefit! :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The Hermit for the day that's nearly past, this wonderful Thursday. The penultimate day of the holiday week, a day spent in looking at beautiful architecture and later a family invitation. A busy day - and I was not alone. But the Hermit speaks about being alone, how to deal with it. I have lately distanced myself from people, among them the people I met today. I know that I must cultivate these contacts more. And I know that I'm introvert and like to be alone - but too alone is not good for me. And the same is true for my husband. We two often feel we're enough for each other, have no need for anyone else - but we do enjoy meeting others.

One of my daughters went away again after a beautiful week with us, the other will disappear soon again, too. The Hermit asks me how I deal with that. The Hermit encourages me to find power in spending time alone and balancing with social times.

Hermit and Temperance, whenever they appear, challenge my difficulties with finding just the right balance.

This deck is simply great. This time, it didn't touch on a concrete event but on the whole question of how to calibrate my life right now, where my power comes from and how to make it work. Never less alone than when alone - alone but not lonely.

LOVE that deck!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yesterday, Friday: the Six of Coins. The give and take, the flow, the effortless balance between generosity and appreciation.

This month, most of my income will have been generated by tarot work. I was just thinking about that when I saw the card. Six of coins - that's not between me and some benefactor (my husband and I live in a very well balanced relationship, I think, and the "goods" flow nicely most of the time between us), no, it's between me and the Universe. What do I give, what do I get, am I alright on both accounts?

The pragmatism of the coins always gets these questions back on their feet, back to earth. No, I'm not doing enough, and no, I disregarded some of the offers life made me. How do I deal with that? Not by retreating into my sad, bad corner anyway. Continue to give, continue to work, continue to pay into the flow - and assert my will to get paid accordingly.

And for today - my beloved Temperance - I knew it. Temperance has shown up a lot lately, along with lots of warm, pushy, nudgy Wands.

I loved this card from the first time I saw it (Thoth version: Art), and the Empress, Strength and Temperance are the three cards that, combined, sum up my light side, how I want to be and sometimes nearly succeed: loving and accepting like a ruling Empress aware of her authority but using it subtly; an anchor in adversity who never loses her marbles (which I do!) like Strength, and totally in tune with herself and the Universe like Temperance (wish I was!!!). For a time, I had these three cards before me on the wall - I made a photo and put it up in my old office, didn't think about that for YEARS. That was in a very busy time when I was afraid I'd lose myself, my "core values".

Temperance now. Aren't these cards beautiful? And they talk to me. This week, they told me everyday what to think about. It's Saturday, and each card has been meaningful to me, easy to understand, just very much attuned to my life.

A wonderful deck. I knew it was wonderful but didn't expect it to give such honest and empowering little readings. How difficult will it be to let it go next week! What's next????

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links