Deck of the Week # 15: April 9-15

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week # 15: April 9-15

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Type Tarot
Belinda2 - Robin Wood Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week # 15: April 9-15

Post by Nemia »

After the Lombardi Danneggiato (to which I connected so easily), let's have a deck I struggle with. Is it the deck or is it me? Let's find out ;-)

The Type Tarot's turn has come :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I am more of an oracle person but I have been getting more Tarots lately( getting too many from Kickstarter. ) But for this week at least I will do a tarot deck so I can become more acquainted with the Tarot symbolisms and meanings once again. I have missed place the other deck that I was going to use so I will use the Robin wood Tarot ( which always reads well for me)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Panda Tarot sounds great! :-)

Oh dear. The Devil. What a start.

The Type Tarot - with a bit of work and thought, this could have been a fantastic deck. I like the minimalism and the concept. Unfortunately, it seems the creators just fed a text about each card into a graphic program - there are always lots of superfluous words on each card, words that carry no meaning but enter the reader's mind because the written word is so powerful.

Take - hand - sometimes - nothing - appears - important... Truth - though - bad... highest - take - light - chains...

It's difficult to see words as single unit, the human brain wants to connect them, to make sense. So this deck challenges my habits as a reader of sentences. There is something oracular about this card. I never noticed that.

The colour choice here is brilliant - what a great red.

So what does this card tell me? I know what it does. I lost a lot of weight a year ago and I just noticed - I put some of it on again. I eat very healthy stuff, lots of salads etc, vegetarian and most of the time vegan - more or less Nutritarian, it's simply the food I like most. But I didn't move enough, and I ate too much sweet stuff, and so my weight crept back. Not all of it, about half. I don't have to do much, only cut out the sweet things and move again like I used to.

Health - remember - bad - power - time - desires...

Okay, oracle, I got it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Sorry misplaced the panda Tarot so here comes the Robinwood Tarot.

Page of Cups

Imagery of this card shows the youth ( I know that a page could be a male or female young person appears in this case i to be female), standing on a beach with the churning water in the background. The youth has a palette tied around her belt, you can tell that she is very creative and as been painting you see different colors on the palette, reds, blues, and greens. With sandals on her feet . She holds the cup that has the fish in it with the illustrated seven beams of light. Illumination of an important image.

Interpretations for my day
I might be a little bit emotional today, letting out my creative side, and letting myself go a bit.
That there is hope and positive anticipation, that I will be able to change my job to something I would love.
I Will write back at the end of the day To tell how this Energy manifested in my day. Well nothing to creative today just the same old things. But I do like that this card stated that there are more opportunities for me out there, there's no need for me to be stuck doing what I'm doing.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 10 Apr 2018, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

belinda, at first i thought, "wow, the panda tarot looks great... this is not at all what i expected, which was cute cartoon pandas and bamboo." :icon_lol:

if a panda couldn't, the maybe robin wood. :icon_e_wink:

i hope your day manifests itself nicely and creatively!

-------

nemia, your card from the TYPE tarot looks like they used www.wordle.net to create the cards, and they could have been very specific about the word choices, for sure... it was a cool website because you could customize the colors and create shapes, or word clouds. i think if you paid something you could get extra little options that made it even cooler. i haven't done a wordle in years!

basically you just type in the word you want bigger more than the other words, like typing DEATH about 30 times, and it will be the biggest word. other words will vary in size depending on how many times you enter them, and will always be smaller than DEATH as long as it's under 30 times... you can even type in phrases -- so they could have actually made the TYPE tarot a very good keyword deck if they wanted. i'm sorry to hear that it's not all that it could be...

eeps. i put on a few lbs this winter too... mostly inactivity as i avoid sweets, but i've been losing it fairly quickly. i do intermittent fasting. it really works. and it's a lot easier than i thought it would be. the best part is i feel much better than before. basically you eat one meal a day (a huge meal) and wait at least 16 hours to eat again. the hardest part is cooking meals for two other people in my household and not eating (or tasting!) anything while doing so, because even one bite of food will ruin the fast.

when i was just 18 and leaving colorado for california, an attractive blue eyed, shave headed older man in flowing robes and sandals (he was probably around 22) at stapleton airport sold me a copy of the bhagavad gita and a stick of incense for five bucks. that was a lot back then, but it was a thick book! i loved the images and all that, but when i got to the part where it said you had to cook everything for lord krshna first and couldn't eat or even taste the food before offering it to lord krshna, i shook my head and closed the book. i think i was over utah at the time. i thought, how the hell is anybody going to tell if what they're cooking is gonna taste any good if you can't taste it while cooking?

well, guess what.. haha. i think as you get older and more experienced you learn enough about cooking and you can trust your seasoning skills. then again, i'm cooking for others, so i'm not as concerned about the flavor (mean, but true). but i know it tastes decent enough, because they scarf it all up.

anyway: intermittent fasting. my friend, who reversed his diabetes in 3 weeks, calls it "the divine cure." i do it to lose weight, to save money and time, for health, and hopefully, to avoid an early... DEATH. :icon_rolleyes:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Card draw for tomorrow April 10th
Well well look what I have got😀

[url=https://postimg.org/image/jln10grsb/]Image[/url
The victory Card !!'
The imagerywere shows a handsome young man on a strong white Horse holding a white flag with a sun on it, The sun shines bright with the victory. All the happy people are holding up their wands in celebration Clapping their hands high up to the sky as the victorious young man parades by.

This is my day off so I will have to watch my dad so my niece can go out and buy food. I also am planning washing my clothes and cleaning my room. I am getting ready to move a new bookcase in my room so I must clean and see where I am planing on putting it, based on this card it seems like everything will go smoothly.
One other thing the weather here is very hot it was 90 degrees today so it looks like it might be another hot day here based on the sun Image on this card. I need to find some shorts.
Well I was able to wash my clothes ( we need a new washer it takes for ever to wash anything because you have to watch it. My dad was ok with me while they were gone. It wasn't a total victory because there are many other things I want to do during the day but I had to babysit the laundry /the washer but a partial victory is better than nothing .
Last edited by Belinda2 on 10 Apr 2018, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Nine of Swords. Indeed. Today, I made a horrible blunder that never happened to me before. I stood in front of my audience, gave my lecture and noticed towards the end that I didn't have the right presentation, the finished one, but one of the preparatory versions. Now you can't teach Art History without images, and with pictures not in the right order. There was nothing I could do to fix the mistake, only continue as if everything was fine. Which I did. It was a small audience today (most of the people were on an excursion) and next week, I'll give a perfect lecture again. But truly, this is for me a professional nightmare. I'm sure I'll dream about it tonight. Like those dreams where you find yourself barefoot and wrapped in a too skimpy blanket at a classical concert among nicely dressed dignitaries.

Well, at least now it happened to me and I survived.

Brrrrrr.

But Type Tarot: well done

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

This is my card draw for April 11. I got another wonderful Card. Four of wands card
Image is a young couple dancing on a small stage, which is surrounded by garlands, and the four wands are holding a white canopy over the couples head, which has a lace edge. With the Green pasture in the background.
Since this is a work day with no Romance in sight, I will go will having a harmonious day ( with no problems)with some sales ( prosperity). Well we did sell a few items, but I don't know about
It being harmonious I discovered that I had damaged 17 kids outfits by the placement of the sensor tags. I told my boss and he did not say anything back to me from my text message. I had worked there for so long with no issues so he had not much to say.
As far as the celebration that is shown on the Tarot card I did find a bit of that
When I found out that I had the wrong date as far as my paycheck goes, that I was really paid last Firday and I thought I was getting paid this Friday so I celebrated by going to Subway getting a sandwich.😀

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Not a great card for the 12th
Hum my day off, the home atmosphere will be so difficult that I would just like to turn my back on it And leave. As the card says " enough of this."
Well to day was not too bad, It might be that I put off cleaning my room until late because I did not want to put the effort and energy needed to clean and change my room around. WellI did fix my room let's just not look into the closet, that will be for another time. 😀
Last edited by Belinda2 on 12 Apr 2018, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links