Deck of the Week # 15: April 9-15

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week # 15: April 9-15

Post by Nemia »

Eight of Pentacles for yesterday - and indeed I had a day full of work yesterday, and I polished a piece of work that should have been ready, but was not good enough for me ;-)

And today - the Ten of Wands. Is it too much? I have another very very busy day, and yes, it's nearly too much. But then when I do it, it feels okay...

The deck works nicely even if from an aesthetic point of view, it's a bit spartan :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I drew my card for Friday April 13 Well I once again drew the 8 of cups. Well it looks like I will have a long day at work, one that I would like to leave early it's pretty boring.
A lady returned a shirt because It had holqqq from a sensor place in the wrong area, so I started going thru all the shirts and found many of the same kind damaged in the same way. It must of been my seasonal worker who
Is long gone.

So I going to keep going thru the whole shop, changing the placement of the sensors to a better location ( putting the ones that are two damaged to be saved on the back).
Yes And I did not want to be there anymore, than since Macy's had an employee awards breakfast most of the Macy's sales people left early , and I had a line of 7 people and I am not even paid by Macys. Well after that I did think that . this is enough

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Today I drew 8 of wands card

Well it look like I might find a reason to be defensive today, because some of those holes in the shirts I myself made by mistake.

It also could have to do with a beginning astrology class I am taking today and I need to persevere in my studies because it might be difficult.
Well the class was fine, but still going thru the store I found more holes. Some of it is me putting the two high on the collar so it makes a hole some of them can be put into the fabric as long as its cotton. I even found a hole on one of the new folded Laker t shirts , once I have went thru the shopI will mail off the damages ( once again) and he can asked me about it later ( hope not) just let me go for this once please !! Guess this reflects card.I will be more careful from now on just give me a pass.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well here is my draw for Sunday my last day for using this deck in this thread.
Looks like there is still a lot of worry and stress about my job.

Did a Sibilla reading on the same subject and got an emotional card similar to the one I got for Tarot.

While I have been finding a few more shirts with holes , I need to sorry less it helps no one least of all me to be so upset.
Well today was a crazy day , people messing up the department, I had to get three boxes checked in and put on the floor. Still finding holes in shirts, but at the end of the day I was able to Re-examine some of the shirts I had in the back, they didn't look too bad so I put them on the floor about five of them, I did sell a Jersey one of my seasonals put a sensor on the collar there is a hole So I am sure it will be coming back( hopeI'm not there).
I'll do a quick wrap up of my readings for the week. I start out with the page of cups to four of wands , eight of cups twice, eight at wands, nine of swords.
Seems to have started very positive then it went downhill.
Cups I started out with some high emotions and inspiration -wands ending with negative emotions and limitation. Swords.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 16 Apr 2018, 00:59, edited 4 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

This week, my life is really going crazy a bit... and I can't write about my daily card daily. Now I have the time.

My card for Friday: the Queen of Cups. I love this queen, and she's my Moon significator (Moon in Scorpio). I was born in a full moon night :-) and I think now that I underestimated my Scorpio aspects for too long. Anyway, I like all the Queens, but most of all the Cups and Disks queens.

I was this queen myself on Friday. I don't want to tell the whole story but I made a big sacrifice for someone I love on Friday. It was difficult for a moment and then I decided and felt it was the right thing to do, so it felt good. It was the unconditional-love-aspect of the Queen. Unfortunately, a bit later there was a little family struggle and the drama-queen-aspect came out, too ;-) But yes, it certainly was a Queen of Cups kind of day - totally devoted to the people I love.

And the Lovers for yesterday! The Type Tarot, it turns out, tunes in to my strongest feelings - my love for my husband, children, mother, siblings, friends... and with the Lovers, it's my husbands.

April/May is the time our relationship started thirty years ago. Yes, 1988 we met and fell in love. We both separated from other people to be together, I left a country and a continent to be with him, and he was prepared to do the same for me. My husband is a total badass and I love everything about him.

We made the right decision, and we were by no means wise. The choice of life partner - so many books are written about it, so much advice given, and nevertheless, there's something you can't plan or rationalize about it. Call it luck or fate or serendipity - there's a little magic involved.

And indeed, we had a lovely day together yesterday! Isn't it nice that the word LOVE appears in big letters on both cards?

Let's see what I have for today.

Three of Cups! Let's see how that turns out :-)

I must say I'm quite happy with the Type Tarot! I swapped it on a whim because it looked interesting and I got it together with the Hermetic Kabbalah which I wanted very very much (and love very very much). But now it turns out that as Deck of the Week, it puts its little anthropomorphized finger on the most important aspect of each day - and most important from an emotional point of view, not events or goals or achievements. That's a bit suprising since I had pinned it down as Air deck (and used it in Gemini in my tarot calendar). Interesting, isn't it? Only words - and it speaks to the wordless hemisphere.

Wow, this practice is so special. Must make more time for my Daily Card!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

So, that was my week with the Type Tarot.

Two majors - Devil and Lovers. Cards from all suits, with a slight advantage for the Cups - two Cups, one of them a court card. Quite a balanced week. The emphasis on Wands which I had in the weeks before didn't appear with the Type Tarot. As I said already, I was surprised to see that this deck which looks so verbal, so cerebral, spoke about my emotional states.

And yes, even the Three of Cups came true emotionally, as a situation between my mother, my daughter and myself - three Graces, dancing with each other, around each other, complementing each other with our differences and tensions. I knew it already when it happened: that was my moment with the Card of the Day! Harmony in difference.

I think I'll get this deck out for readings, too - now what is my problem? I actually don't feel in need of readings. I had very good messages from all the readings I did but I feel I never heed them enough.

Before I start doing new readings, I should do a walk-through and look at my old readings, pick the important messages and start implementing some of their wisdom.

But I'll continue with my Daily Cards. For next week, I decided the Stretch Tarot would be great. Now that looks like an evocative, emotional deck. The collage cards look as though put together in a state of somnambulism - with perfect precision. Let's see how it works with my quiet, work-filled life :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links