Deck of the Week #16: April 16-22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #16: April 16-22

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Stretch Tarot
Seldes Katne - Mermaid Oracle
Belinda - Panda Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #16: April 16-22

Post by Seldes Katne »

Now that I've had a break, I think I'm ready to start reading again.

I'll try one of my oracle decks this week. Since I'm going to the Outer Banks area of North Carolina, I'll be taking the Mermaid Oracle. (I'll also be bringing the Ghost Tarot, but that's for something different.)

The Mermaid Oracle was the first oracle deck I ever bought, and I picked it up mostly for the lovely artwork. This week should give me some idea how well I can actually read it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

the mermaid oracle! how appropriate for your seaside vacation!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well Panda tarot is ready will play
im in Belinda2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Well, Kyan, what about you...? I'll gladly add you to the list :-)

Oh Belinda, this is too cute!!!

The Hierophant! My birth sign's major. I really like it the depiction of Marie Laveau as Hierophant - a spiritual authority but not like the Pope who also has worldly power.

Very nice. Let's see how Marie will appear in my life today :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i know! but not this week, still too busy...

MY, that marie! what a legacy. she’s well loved, what with her memory etched in music, paintings, books, tarot, TV, and movies! i just read the wikipedia entry.

i look forward to your pulls this week!

...and also the mermaids (mermen too maybe?) and panda cuteness. 🐼☺️

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Today I drew the Knight of Pentacles ( but in this deck it looks more like a coin).

This is a perfect card for my situation, at this point everything I do at work I'm trying to be very thorough, very careful, when I get shipments, I'm very aware where the sensors go I don't have anymore problems. This card is about being efficient and that is one of my goals.
Well today I feel better found only two shirts with holes.for 2 hours the store had no power, but I worked very efficiently and carefully today. Yay for the panda deck.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 16 Apr 2018, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

hooray for the confident panda! 🐼

the artwork is interesting here, not only pandas, but culturally specific too. the scimitar he’s wielding looks cool.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

kyan wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 16:10 hooray for the confident panda! 🐼

the artwork is interesting here, not only pandas, but culturally specific too. the scimitar he’s wielding looks cool.
Yes he is a very victorious cute panda that's for sure😎

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I'm going to have to look for the Panda Tarot deck. Great illos. :icon_e_smile:

My first draw for the Oracle of the Mermaids is The Unseen:

(Note: The author and artist names aren't on the actual card -- this was taken from someone's website and they wanted to give credit. I'm fine with that.)

Disquieting, but helpful. It warns about things someone may not be telling you, or things that may not be obvious, or something that needs further investigation. My mother and I have recently had a lot of renovation and repair done on the house, and the people doing them mentioned we probably need to replace the roof. A friend of the family mentioned that we should get a second opinion, an idea with which I agree. We also think this project should be put off until next year so we can start putting money away for it.

Right now we're on vacation, and I'm hoping we can get a break from that whole thing for a while.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links