Deck of the Week #17: April 23 - 29

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #17: April 23 - 29

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Shapeshifter Tarot
CharlotteK - Game of Thrones Tarot
Belinda2 - All Bears Tarot
Seldes Katne - Oracle of the Mermaids
Charlie Brown - sporadic Lenormand ;-) [great name for a deck btw]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #17: April 23 - 29

Post by Nemia »

The Shapeshifter book arrived today - so I'll take out the beautiful deck and learn to read with it! I really like Lisa Hunts' art. Let's see how that deck reads :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm back with Game of Thrones Tarot this week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I will use my last bear deck for this week. All Bears Tarot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Continuing on with the Oracle of the Mermaids.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I think I'd like to try doing a daily Lenormand reading this week, but I may only sporadically appear.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Ha, what a great choice of decks, I'm sure it's going to be a great week!

And I start with the Three of Pentacles - again! This doesn't only mean work, work, work but also - work to get to know this deck.

Mastery is the name of the card, and "achievement, perseverance, joy" are the keywords. The book is great, it really explains the idea behind the card. The symbolism of the oak speaks to me - the meeting of otter woman and badger - crazy scenario but totally RIGHT somehow - I hope I can translate today some of the hard work I've been doing lately to some real joy.

This deck is special. I want to live in the world of this deck...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

My first bear looks like a black bear, the Emptess card. I like the hearts in the picture, she has a wonderful tiara , see the two bears in the back ground just hanging out in the tall Grass, too cute.
Hum looks like physical activity, I might also enjoy a reward by buying myself two Sibilla books ( which could help me with card combinations and card spreads). But my situation is unstable, so I shouldn't buy them,
Well I know that this card has to do with children, and I did have serval really cute little children I did come into my shop today. And I decided screw it I'm gonna buy the two books for them I study later tonight most likely.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 24 Apr 2018, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

My, what nice looking decks people have this week!

For me, Fox-Tree-Letter. We'll see what happens and I'll update at the end of the day.

I sometimes get frustrated with Lenormand daily draws because, often, they're both so bluntly literal and inconsequential that it's hard to figure out what's happening. For example fox - tree - letter sounds like it could be describing the walk in the stroller I take with the baby. We see trees and get the mails. Fox is sometimes interpreted as a cat, although I would tend to think that the dog card covers all pets. I admit it isn't something that really comes up for me much.

So...I'll predict that I'm going to get some sort of medical bill in the mail. It will either be confusing/wrong or it will be addressed to someone who doesn't live at my address.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today I have the King of the White Walkers. Raised from the dead, enormously powerful, formidable and strong. Also very ambitious and shall we say, rather aggressive. Taking this as a signal that a bad mental patch is coming to an end and I've gained some mastery and control back over my state of mind.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links