Deck of the Week #18: April 30 - May 6

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #18: April 30 - May 6

Post by Seldes Katne »

So, it's Friday. I'll leave the Wednesday and Thursday cards for later. Today's card is the Dark Lord.

This card tends to represent addictions or behavior that we need to change. I suspect it's reminding me that I went a bit overboard yesterday on the cookies, and that it's time to lay off the sugar for a while.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Today I drew King of Wands

Ok so the smoking owl man what does he have to say about my day. Well I have already responded to a person in what I hope was a in A logical manner that I hope is successful . ( but I was a bit upset which is not the King of swords way.
Well I guess the King of Wands paid Me a visit. The other lady thought about how she wrote the message, and clarified her thoughts.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 06 May 2018, 00:24, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I do my cards every day and write them in my journal - too often I can't find the time to post here (my Internet is slow, my old laptop slower and my days too fast).

On Wednesday, Eight of Cups. I see the picture, the central figure from the Last Supper, and think: oh yes, i cooked and we had a family meal, and how nice was that! (I had a lot of family visitors lately and loved it). No trace here of the RWS meaning of going away - just the opposite, an invitation. (Don't have the time to read the book right now)

And another thing: it's Jesus. And I had an interesting re-emergence of Jesus in my life on Tuesday which kept me emotionally busy all Wednesday.

On Thursday, Four of Cups. Another image from the Last Supper - and all I see is a teacher! I taught all Thursday long :-)

Yesterday, Six of Swords. Yes, we made a journey, and it was a journey into the past. Bittersweet. We did so together, my husband and I. It was good. It reflected the changes we made in our life, some for the worse, but most of them for the better. We kept talking the whole journey.

Today, Wheel of Fortune. Today, an important family decision was made. Let's see how it turns out. I could feel the turning of the wheel today.

Isn't it strange - I'm so busy work-wise but all I see in the cards are emotions and family? And Leonardo belongs to my work sphere, I'm a medieval/Renaissance/Baroque art historian (that's why I hesitated getting the deck - I simply know too much about Leonardo's oeuvre and wasn't sure I could look at these cards as tarot and not "job").

Well well. These cards tell a story. I like the understated work the two artists did, in a style totally different from the other LoS artists' decks with silver and golden embellishments.

Nice deck :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well this is my last Halloween draw: the emperor:

The imagery : The emperor is dressed up like Dracula, all lit a candle in one hand and a pumpkin ( that holds candy) in the other. The moon in the sky and where is the goat Ares on a pillar.
The Count is refined, intelligent, and the balance with the light and dark, nature and science. Well this card does represent structure, and creating Order in chaos( this would be in the home environment). Well I will see how it plays out.
Well since I am working late tonight it cannot be anything at home. Well I had a lot of customers going through and messing up the department, messing up all the shirts so I had to create order in the shop it's chaos.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 06 May 2018, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh, that Halloween deck....my heart wantssss it....

And the Fool for me today. Did I make a Fool of myself yet? I probably did... in a new project I start... but it doesn't seem so foolish to me right now...

Yes, I do have a new chance, and I take it without looking at the past. Just jump in with both feet, joyful but also a bit terrified.

My Leonardo week seriously suffered from lack of time. This is a very intelligent deck (obviously), I like the very delicate colour scheme and the focus on line and graphic values. Very well done. I wanted to explore it so much. If I have time tonight, I'll sit down with the book.

Right now again, I'm between the phone and the mail and x texts I have to finish and send away.... not to mention the kitchen and litter box shouting for my attention....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links