Deck of the Week #18: April 30 - May 6

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #18: April 30 - May 6

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Leonardo da Vinci Tarot
Belinda2 - Trick or Tarot
Seldes Katne - Wizards Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Re: Deck of the Week #18: April 30 - May 6

Post by Belinda2 »

Belinda2 Trick or Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

i have not really use this deck because the Kickstarter deck was not done for Halloween. Well anyway I got 7 of Wands for Monday

The cards imagery :
This card has the Pumpkin smiling nervously and one pumpkin that was able to get around the fence, looking pretty happy that he did. The path is illuminated by the street light " The inner light that transcends darkness and barriers ".
This card presents a challenge that will happen to me on Monday. I will have to stand up for myself. As the book says will I be stopped by the gate or will I surmount the challenges and go over it.
Only the day will tell.
We I did not really have to defend myself today, but I did text my niece that she needs to work on the house because we will have to leave it within six months in other words get off her butt
Last edited by Belinda2 on 01 May 2018, 01:14, edited 2 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Oooo, the Trick or Tarot. It's on my wish list. I look forward to seeing the cards.

I think this week I will reconnect with my Wizards Tarot. I haven't used it in a while, and it's always read well for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For today I got page of swords

The card imagery:
At the bottom of the card you see a pond, and it is an alligator and what looks like the swamp monster from old movies.
In the sky are bats and the Central figure is a costume person, which looks like it's a bat costume, he has a green face, and he's got a letter that he's flying to bring to you.

Today there will be New opportunities for learning and betterment . Today I am planning on listing for sale, different items, trying to go thru my room to Eliminate items, plus I am also planning to study for my astrology class
WellI did clean my closet and I found in a miscellaneous bag some tennis shoes I've been looking for so I can return them, so I learned that today.
Up date I was able to Study astrology, and I found in my chart that I have what's called an ascending lunar node unsure what that is but I know I have it Lol
Last edited by Belinda2 on 02 May 2018, 00:58, edited 3 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yesterday - Ace of Wands!

Today - Seven of Wands!

Are we having another Wands week? I have made some changes in my routine and I'm much more active now, work outside of home more often and try to stay in contact with people. Do I need another kick in the backside? It seems that Leonardo is thinking so ;-)

Giving birth to a new idea - and fighting against people or obstacles who want to keep me from developing this idea... that might even be an accurate description of my situation. And who is my obstacle? It's always the same person - I myself.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I suspect I will be having "wands weeks" from now until the end of the summer, as my library does a summer reading program, and I have to plan it, prep for it and then run it. It's fun, but I appreciate the beginning of September when I get some vacation time. :icon_e_biggrin:

Two interesting cards this week: The King of Swords on Monday, and the Emperor today:

I'm wondering if these cards represent my need to overcome something, or wage a campaign to achieve something, rather than symbolizing men in my life. My library director wants to do an Escape Room in the library the last week of June, and he wants us to write and develop it ourselves. Neither my Adult Services colleague nor I had ever done an Escape Room before yesterday, and I personally have no wish to do another one. However, I want to be supportive, and I'm sure the Room will be a huge draw for people, so I'm going to have to tough this one out and just keep at this project until it's finished. As the Duke of Wellington is quoted as saying at Waterloo, "Hard pounding this, gentlemen. Let's see who pounds the longest."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For Wednesday I drew 8 of wands

The imagery: in this card all kinds of witches flying by on their broom sticks, you even see one which looks like it has a Punkin head wearing a white grown. Some witches have their cats riding with them, and some are riding with pumpkins, looks like they are having a good time.
" triumphant news and great forces riding swift in the night skies, heading your way."
Well looks like I will get the bulk count finish wed, I might also be able to get the markdowns done if they are ready.
Well today was a same old same old day was able to accomplish something. But the witchis on the card had more fun than I did today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

To day I drew the world card ( one of the few majors that I have gotten since I started doing these kind of draws:

Today is my day off washing clothing ( need to get a new washer but I will not go there) , list a few things for sale( we will have to move from the place we are living in 6 months or less). Also planing on studying for my astrology course.
Well let's look at the cards imagery : in the imagery above you see the bottom part of a balloon in which a witch and the ghost in the imagery above you see the bottom part of a balloon We see witch and the ghost, the witch is using her broom to propel the balloon along. hanging on for dear life, is a cucumber dude, a radish dude, corn dude, a Punkin dude holding on for dear life. You can see the fear in their faces as they leave the earth for the unknown.
The world card has to do with happiness, a sense of accomplishment.
Today has already been pretty bad unsure if something later will happen that will make it better? Well I was able to really get into my astrology book while washing clothes all day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

The draw for Wednesday I got 2 of Swords:

The card imagery you sees a lady on the widows walk who seems to be waiting for someone with bats and devils Flyning around. the house showed is dark in Gothic in nature.
Hum being stuck is a possibility, since the job that I'm doing is pretty boring. Or I might have a disagreement with my nieces friend who's been living with us a bit too long.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links