Deck of the Week #19: May 6 - 14

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #19: May 6 - 14

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Belinda - Egyptian Tarot
Nemia - Golden Tarot of the Tsar
Seldes Katne - Fox Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Re: Deck of the Week #19: May 6 - 14

Post by Belinda2 »

I will be using the vintage deck Egyptian Tarot deck ( which had belonged to my late sister).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I think this week I will be working with The Fox Tarot.

Since my week tends to run Sunday to Saturday, I actually drew my first card today: the Four of Swords.

Respite. Meditation. A fitting card for a Sunday, as I am not doing anything related to my job, or really anything else terribly useful or productive. I'm going to the movies later with a friend.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

This is my card for Monday:

Hum great joy, you will meet with strong friendships and enduring love.
Well for me day it is just another work day. The more standard interpretation of this card which is more likely could be any of the following, make a little effort, losing interest, lacking motivation
Well this card doesn't really apply to today I had a pretty good one.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 08 May 2018, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My first day with the Golden Tarot of the Tsar. I'm totally wowed by this Page of Wands - this looks like a real Byzantine book illumination, isn't it wonderful? Like a pilgrim - somebody on his way, full of contained energy that will take him much further, and I see his hands as encouraging, empowering, urging those he passes on his way to consider their lives. What is normal, what is routine, why should we accept it?

The pilgrim grows on his way, not when he reaches the goal.

Oh, I love this card. It's spiritual. I won't read the lwb right now, I'll just let these pictures speak to me. Great deck, great deck. I hope it continues to give me spiritual lessons. I spent too much time thinking about my family relationships, my own condition concerning my work etc. I'm spiritually hungry. Let's see whether this deck can give me something to chew on ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

My Victorian Romantic has finally arrived!

Today's card: 8 of Swords

Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Another 8!

Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Today I got the emperor Card :

I am at home today, and feeling a little ill. There are many things I want to do today but we will see.
Well family situation was pretty chaotic today so this card fits pretty well, I tried to make order out of the chaos.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 08 May 2018, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Ace of Swords - but I had such a peaceful, lovely day :-) I did have some new ideas and insights, though, and exchanged some rational, clear words with people around me.

Oh, and concerning my inner monologue about spirituality - it's ongoing and very clear, too, and the iconography is very well known to me and speaks to me. The four evangelists are related to the many Foursomes in our culture - elements, temperaments, directions etc. And the redeemer in the middle can represent any spiritual center.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For Wednesday a workday I got slave of the sword/ which I think is the page of sword.
There will be a plan, and dealing with logic today. The book that comes with the deck talks about enemies and defending myself against them that will not be happening today.
Well I did plan what need to get done today and most of it got accomplished.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 09 May 2018, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links