Deck of the Week #20: May 14 - 20

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #20: May 14 - 20

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Celestial Tarot
Seldes Katne - Secret Language of Animals
Belinda - Ukiyoe Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #20: May 14 - 20

Post by Nemia »

They say change of temperature is good for the circulation? I decided to go from the warmth of the Golden Tarot of the Tsar to the cold weirdness and beauty of the Celestial Tarot.

I have wanted this deck for ages, and now that I have it, I don't use it, hardly look at it. I hate the borders but since they contain information I might need when working with the deck, I didn't take them off (yet).

Three of Wands, Jupiter in Aries, Perseus.

Now according to the tradition I follow, the Three of Wands is associated with the Sun, not Jupiter in Aries. But I can accept that there are different ways of counting the decans, I myself tried different versions (to avoid the Mars-double in Pisces and Aries). I don't want to get lost in the lwb yet (have the book somewhere, too), but if the creator decided to start with Saturn anew in the first decan of Aries, then that would explain why we have Jupiter here and not the Sun.

But how does Perseus fit in? You can't even see Perseus properly anymore in March, well in the early evening you can, but it doesn't dominate the skies the way it does in January.

I see that I'll have to read the book before I continue. But I'll let this sink in a bit first. The image itself is beautiful, you can even recognize the constellation. Perseus is depicted faithfully, with Hermes' sandals and the head of the Gorgo Medusa (smallish though). I wonder though whether the stars and galaxies depicted in the background are just for decoration or real - I don't have a telescope so I don't know many Messier objects but I'll have to check all this out.

It's an interesting deck. I love the iconography of the skies, and my own personal spirituality is tied up with the stars and planets and when I see and greet them.

I'll need time for this deck - time that I actually don't have.

Let's hope the benevolent energies of Jupiter, the courage of Perseus and the assertiveness of Aries will serve me well in the day, the week ahead. That would actually be great :-)

ETA:

I understand now why Kay Steventon's decans don't align with the GD tradition: she includes the Ace. In the GD tradition, the decans are associated with the minors from 2 to 10 in the following way:
2, 3, 4 - cardinal signs
5, 6, 7 - fixed signs
8, 9, 10 - mutable signs

The Aces rule a season (aligned with their fixed signs).

In the Celestial tarot, the Tens are left out and they rule a season. The Ace, 2 and 3 belong to the cardinal signs etc.

I think that's interesting :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I think it's time to work with an oracle deck again. So this week will be the Secret Language of Animals deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

THis week it is UKiyoe Tarot for Belinda

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For Monday I got the three of wands:
Looks like today will be a day of using my practical knowledge to go about my day which means same old same old.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For today I got the hanged man

Life is in suspension, adjustment, change.
We are just hanging in there in the situation rhat we are in. I just need to push myself to get what I need to get done.
Well I was able to get somethings done, but it was hard going.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 15 May 2018, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Monday's card: the Golden Orb Spider

Design. Creativity. Awareness. Balance. Messenger.

I'm going with the Awareness and Balance aspects, as Monday was a busy programming day (along with assembling a popcorn machine!), so all those things had to be juggled.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Eight of Pentacles for Tuesday, the day that is behind me. Indeed, a lot of work, was on my legs and busy the whole time.

Saturn in Virgo - wow, how used am I to see the Sun in Virgo here! Saturn totally changes the meaning of the card. Beautiful Centaurus - a constellation whose Northern part is visible above our horizons in certain months, but I can never see Alpha Centauri, and what a pity is that. But how wonderful to integrate Southern constellations, I'm totally thrilled by that.

And for Wednesday, the day that is waiting for me - the Lovers. A beautiful image of the Lovers. Oh how I wish they had simply chosen white or grey for the borders, not this sickly blueish tone....

I'd love to add a little silver to the stars in each constellation.

And I'm simply too tired to look everything up in the book. The Lovers is always a good card for me, it's my birth card and my year card and while I don't totally love it the way I love the Empress and Temperance and Fortitude and the Star, it's one of my empowerment cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Tuesday's card: the Alabatross.

A long journey, but one for which you are prepared and ready. Endurance. Hope. Faith.

The largest of birds with flight, the albatross spends most of its time aloft. It's well designed for its travels, and is capable of gliding without needing to move its wings.

Good card for this week, as I am dealing with a couple of people who try many people's patience. I'm hoping for a "diplomacy" card next.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For wednesday I got the sun card yay:

Lets see how this card plays out for Wednesday.
WellI it was sunny day here, that all I can say about the card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links