Deck of the Week # 25: June 18 - 25

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week # 25: June 18 - 25

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
DDwarks with the Thoth
Seldes Katne with the Wisdom of the Trees oracle

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week # 25: June 18 - 25

Post by Seldes Katne »

Feeling "summer-y," so I think I'll go with the Wisdom of Trees Oracle this week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Hi Seldes !
Where about in the world are you? I'm in the UK and summer still isn't showing its face yet :(
I'll be sticking with my Thoth again this week.

Queen of Cups.
I've had a dreamy day today. Lots of creative ideas and loving sharing thoughts lol.
Quite fitting with this Queen!
The thought that Nemia was relying on me to take over this thread didn't leave my mind all day (Sorry for posting so late Nemia, I was busy fantasing!).
I guess the nurturing aspect of this Queen acted as a reminder for me to pop in here and do it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

DDwarks wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 17:59 Hi Seldes !
Where about in the world are you? I'm in the UK and summer still isn't showing its face yet :(
DDwarks, I'm in upstate New York, in the US. Summer has just now decided to show up -- we've had a rather chilly spring, but yesterday and today have been VERY warm. I could try mailing you some of the heat, if you think that would help. :icon_e_biggrin: Hope summer remembers it's supposed to be in the UK, too.

~*~*~*~

My card today is the Cedar of Lebanon, which is an interesting place to start.

It stands for spiritual strength. Obviously, with that name, it's associated with the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament); the wood was used to build temples and ships. The meaning is that of strength and choosing a good moral path or making a decision based on morality. There have been a lot of articles over the last few days about what's happening with families trying to cross the Mexican/American border. The idea that anyone could justify separating children from their parents is mind-boggling. Although my personal project is environmental protection, I think it's time to take some action on our immigration "policy."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

This pretty accurately depict the kind of day I've had.
All my loving and inspired ideas from yesterday have turned into a rotten swamp of waste of time!

It's not all bad though.
I think I've managed to put a filter at the bottom of that swamp to collect some clean-ish water.
Now to filter it til' it's cleansing and drinkable :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Today's card: the Elm.

The Elm signifies communication -- being clear about what you think when you speak or write to others. My writers' group met this evening and I was doing critiques on various stories for people. (I'm the resident "grammar ninja" and all-around punctuation editor.) Everyone seemed to appreciate the input.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Wednesday was a day of Reckoning (Thank you Amanda). I've had to admit to myself that I was indeed at about 25% of my total capacity. I've talked before about packing my job in but it was always to do something else.
Wednesday, I finally accepted my situation.
I'm ill. I can't work. More to the point, I shouldn't work.
Stress is NOT good for me. Something's got to give.
So that's that. I'm ill and I'm done pushing myself.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

I woke up this morning after having actually slept! My meds have an insomnia side effect and it took a bit of juggling with the administration time for me to get it right.
When I pulled that card, I thought "yup, I've cracked it".

Put them I decided to reshuffle to get more specifics about it.

It's like a game of cat and mouse!
I thought I was done with the Reckoning! What else have I missed or was it that I was going to get more of the same today?

Well, the proverbial apple fell on my head whilst taking the dog for his walk.
Writing is what I want to do. Always been what I've wanted to do. Don't panick, I'm French speaking ! I'll be the 1st one to admit I can't express myself clearly in written English.
Writing has been on my mind for 15 years but I've never quite pinpointed what it was that I needed or wanted to write about.
Now I know.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Thursday's card is the Date Palm:

It represents grace -- the ability remain calm under pressure, to stand outside emotional turmoil, to seek wisdom.

It's been a spiritual kind of week with these cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Today's card is the Eastern Cottonwood:

It symbolizes connection, between yourself and others, or yourself and world. Today, though, I think it should carry the reversed meaning, because I'm sitting at work and have had almost no one come in this morning. So I am feeling disconnected.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links