Deck of Week #26: June 25 - July 1st

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of Week #26: June 25 - July 1st

Post by Seldes Katne »

Belinda2 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 18:16 I just got my Spooky cats tarot yesterday, and I was thinking about joining and using it and the next daily draw stealing my thunder a bit but that's OK, great minds think a like
Yes. Yes, they do. I'll be working with a different deck next week, so if you want to continue showing off the charming artwork of Spooky Cats, I won't be giving you any competition.

And allow me to congratulate you on your excellent taste in tarot decks. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

I most likey I will not be able to do the daily draws at this time but it's nice to see how people read with the deck
Last edited by Belinda2 on 01 Jul 2018, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

I haven't done my daily draws since....the last time I posted!
I've just pulled 3 cards now relating to 3 separate issues - conscious of unconscious, I've been dealing with those last 3-4 days.

Prince of Cups

The book says:
Imaginative pipe-dreams.
Yearning, carnal desires, longing.
Potential for transformation.
Sensitivity, romanticism and estactic visions born of wishful thinking.

I haven't been fantasing about anyone lol. I'm pretty critical by nature and prefer the more objective way of thinking. I don't do daydreams. Not for more than 3 seconds anyway! Yes, I'm harsh on myself!
Going by the imagery of the card alone (and forgetting Crowley's Prince of Cups), I can't see anything other than sexual and sensual daydreams.
I have been looking into buying new dresses and "tarting" myself up somewhat though. Just because I feel crap and look like it doesn't means I should dress like it too, right?
That would count as Potential for transformation and longing too. I'll ignore it as pipe dream and wishful thinking !!! :icon_eek:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

The 2nd thing that happened to me, conscious or unconscious.

3 of Swords

From the book:
Unhappiness in love
Sorrow and illness.
Doubt, lack of clarity.

It's a grim looking card. The illness bit is an obvious contender. I've been upset this week and wondered if I was burying my head in the sand. My rheumatologist sent me a blood test form and I didn't like seeing all those boxes ticked and SLE written all over it. It looked like a "red alert" sticker should have been placed on it.
About the denial thing: I was in some way.
I've ordered a new supplement which is supposed to be very good. I'm hoping it will make enough of a difference for me. I won't do the blood test until the supplement has kicked in. We'll see how it goes!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

And a 3rd thing.

8 of Wands

From the book:
An imminent event.
Good news is coming sooner than one expects.
Truth eliminates misunderstandings.
Obstacles are overcome.

I was going to buy *that* bookcase. Oh yes I was! It was large enough to cover the WHOLE width of the wall. It had 10 drawers AND a glass cabinet. It had shelves to it's left AND double shelves to it's right! It was a 4 in 1 bookcase!

At 2.47m high, it was too tall :(

I could already see myself putting ALL my books, cards, pictures on it. Paperwork in the drawers! A tidy household where everything has its place and everything IS in its place!

I had to look elsewhere and havs found something else actually matching the decor :icon_eek: Never thought it could ever happen! Obviously a sign, right?
I'm buying them (yes 2 of them to have side by side!).

Next the walls, news sofas and some rugs!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

PS: I've added a new dining set to the list!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links