Deck Of The Week #27: July 2nd - July 8th

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Deck Of The Week #27: July 2nd - July 8th

Post by DDwarks »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one.

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
DDwarks: Circle of Life Tarot
Seldes Katne: Salt Water Reading Cards
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck Of The Week #27: July 2nd - July 8th

Post by Seldes Katne »

This week I'm planning to work with the Salt Water Reading Cards, which I recently acquired and which were inspired by Aboriginal Australian art.

I finally feel like working with beach- and ocean-related decks, but don't be surprised if the Ghost Tarot shows up here in the next couple of months....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

This week I'll be opening and playing with my still brand new OOP Circle of Life Tarot.
I got it 2 years ago and did nothing with it!
I'm hoping for a grounding and earthy experience from it. The cards are round and surprisingly easy to shuffle.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

I'm going to play it a little differently this week. Nothing much happens when you sit on your bum all day so I'll be chatting to my deck this week.

Monday chat: Give me a card to describe me.

From the BLW:
Harmony is reached by respecting ourselves and others.

I like the woman in the card. I'm happy the deck thinks she describes me :)
She sits amongst various animals, some fierce and some vulnerable.
She respects the power and basic instincts of the fierce ones and they in turn respect her for who she is. But she's earned that respect and through this, they are ready to defend her if needs be.
The more harmless animals at her feet trust her but she's not their superior. They feel safe around her, at ease.
She's one of them all. She understands them all.

This is turning out to be a very personal and somewhat humbling for me :icon_redface:
My name even means The World (literally!).
I love the fact that she has wings to flutter from one group of animal/people to another. She looks so fragile and yet shes so strong.

I've been doing what she's doing all my life. The fierce people (carnivorous animals on the card) have not been easy to deal with. A lot of them were arrogant. Most of them were racists/bigoted/ignoramus.
Being a foreigner in the UK during Brexit times hasn't been easy but I know I've put a lot of Brexiters to shame. Not through political talks though. Just by being me.

I was born a foreigner. Born and raised in France but my parents are from somewhere else - which made me a foreigner too. Although Brexit deeply upset me as I really though I had found a home, it wasn't anything new to me.

It's was just another spin on the hamster wheel.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Love the art on this card, DDwarks. I'll have to look for more images of this deck.

I'm sorry you're experiencing the bigotry that seems so prevalent these days. We've got a fair amount of stupid going on here in the US as well. I hope things get better for you. There's no excuse for treating people so poorly.

~*~*~*~

My card for Monday is the Sea Snake:

I actually like snakes, so this doesn't bother me at all, and I was fascinated to learn that this particular kind of snake lives almost entirely in the open ocean. The original sea serpent, apparently.

This card symbolizes letting go, moving on and leaving behind, or rubbing off, things you don't need any more and that would only cause you to sink. One of the things I'm trying to do is change my exercise habits (from "none at all" to "doing at least something every day"). But I'm wondering if I'll need to change my sleep schedule as well. We've been experiencing a heat wave here, so night and early morning are the best times for physical activity. I'm not really a morning person, but I may have to change that if I want to be able to exercise on a regular basis. I'll also have to change my eating habits, I suspect.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Seldes:
I'm surprised myself at the art of the cards. I can't believe I've never used up until now lol. I can't have been ready for it.
And yes, idiots are indeed everywhere. The tricky part for me has been to learn how to deal with them in a positive way (for me!).
I'm very impressed with your deck choice Seldes. I used to own Contemporary Dream Time Tarot and sold it on because it just didn't speak to me at all!!
I'm looking forward to see how you connect with it :thumbup:

Today I asked of my cards "Am I fooling myself with the ionic footspa I bought for me daughter?".
A Y/N question I'm no good at translating!

10 of Swords

Look at her falling from the sky ready to be impaled! Judging by the state of her wings and dress, she's been burnt up there.

From the book:
When all seems lost, we must remember that each end gives rise to a new beginning.

So yes, I am fooling myself and need to look elsewhere!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

So, Tuesday's Card: the Sea Sponge.

Emotional overload. A sponge is a filter feeder, if I recall correctly. It draws in a bunch of water, filters out what it needs, and expels the rest. This card is about working through emotion, about experiencing it and then letting it go.

I'm not sure how that will manifest today. It might have to do with dealing with a specific person or event. So far I'm not seeing a correlation, but the day's not over....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

Wednesday

Q. I want to home school my daughter. What say you?

6 of Wands

From the LWB:
“In any contest, before defeat is met, there is always a moment to stop and think.”

I'm used to cheery, happy and fiery 6 of Wands. It's a success and victory card.
Here, it seems to be talking about whether success and/or defeat are the be all and end all. If that's the case, Success is simply trying. The outcome might not be what one expects but by stopping and thinking, another road of opportunities may presents itself.
Winning is trying.

As an answer to my question?
Try! See how it goes and what you can gain from it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Given that yesterday was a US holiday, today's post ended up being a two-for-one.

So, Wednesday's card: Manta Ray.

Yesterday, a friend stopped over and helped my install my air conditioner before going to his 4th of July celebration.

Today's card: Coral

The card's meaning is strength that cover vulnerability. I would also argue that it's community, as many creatures live in or around coral reefs. So far nothing today is really connecting to this card, but today's not over yet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links