Deck of the Week # 28: July 9 - July 15

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week # 28: July 9 - July 15

Post by DDwarks »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one.

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
DDwarks: Our tarot
Seldes Katne: Salt Water reading cards
Belinda2: Carnival tarot
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week # 28: July 9 - July 15

Post by Seldes Katne »

I'm going to continue on with the Saltwater Reading Cards this week. I dropped out of sight last week because I was attending a convention and it was just super busy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I just got my Carnival at the end of the world tarot from Kick starter tonight so I will go ahead and start on Sunday since that is how my week goes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well this is what I got for Sunday Ace of Pinnacles.
Aces are about new beginnings fresh start, i'll come back to work from time off, and so there's a lot of things I need to get caught up on.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well well well I got v of cups:
Well this card does represent my day, the poor guy is in prison by what looks like that there were worms but I think with their are snakes anyway one of them is almost near his mouth area, he's pretty helpless and imprisoned. As the book says my expectations have been disappointed it's not turned out the way I thought it would do i feel as if I will never love or laugh again. You can't unspill the milk, but in my melancholy looking through fear tear filled eyes you don't see what remains in the cup saver what's left .
An Incident occurred today where I did feel helpless and I even shared some tears, so this card is pretty accurate for today.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I think there's a common theme for today.

My card for Monday: the Crocodile.

It's supposed to symbolize hidden obstacles and unseen issues, but I had enough regular, obvious obstacles that I'll just take that meaning instead. Staff members not doing what they were supposed to, one family with two very poorly behaved children, car issues, etc. Yeah, nothing hidden here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well Tuesday is a work day, one where I need to prepare for a possible visit on Wednesday and also waiting to find out if I will have to do another inventory.
So when I drew the Hangman with seems to go with what will possibly happen during my work day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Tuesday's card: Turtle

Instinct. Trusting that what you are called to is right.

I'm not sure how that fits into today, but perhaps it represents something that is coming soon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For Wednesday I got the four of Wands:
I worked very hard Tuesday getting the department ready for a walk thu On Wednesday. So now is the time to congratulate myself on a job done.
Well they did not show up but the department does look nice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

For my busy day tomorrow I got three of cups, this decks illustration is very different than the RWS deck. The book for this deck says you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Friends and support surround me in abundance today. Taking part in a support group, I am going to a drum circle in the evening with very supportive people, we have the same common goal . We are also doing a garage sale in the morning, and so possibly we will get some outside help.
well as far as the sale I was upset in the fact that I put on my very expensive linens out there, and I really did not want to part with them. So my niece and her friend took the linens back of the house. I was upset so I went to see Jurassic World. I did take my mom and my niece to my drum circle. It was interesting having her there. This card represents never seen before my drum circle community, hugs all around.
Last edited by Belinda2 on 13 Jul 2018, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links