Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Post by Serpentwand »

Nemia wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 14:31 I had to draw my card for tomorrow now already; tomorrow morning I have to leave early and don't have time for my little ritual.

Here it is - my first reading with the Kissa Tarot!

The Hanged One.

I love the colours - wonderful blueish-purple-green surroundings, the only bright spots are the hanging woman and the cat - which is the brightest spot in the picture.

Like Death today, this is an uncanny card for my situation, our situation. I can't say more but this hits home very strongly. We're entering a time of family crisis and trouble and great, great insecurity. I'm frightened out of my wits, my husband takes it as a challenge. No idea what the future will bring. No control over it.

ETA: Just look how cleverly the artist composed the image - the hanged one is hanging with her head and nearly whole body before the water and in the water, depending on whether you accept perspective or see the picture as flat.

And the cat - I love the cats in this deck. They're curious, they're interested, and they have their own thoughts about what they see.

In spite of the difficult situation we're in right now, I think I'll have fun with this deck!
It's not an unpleasant scene - the palms and water are all around in the fertile landscape, the woman just can't reach them at the moment but the cat is waiting patiently for her to untangle herself and come back down.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Thank you - I hope I'll be untangled soon ;-)

Here my card for today - my post from last night is gone. Don't have time now to go into details.

8 of Pentacles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

My three posts from here disappeared so I will see if I can remember what I posted...

I'll start with my card for today

9 of Staves I actually pulled this reversed. Here are my scribbled notes...
In the background are 7 staves tied together, 2 are free.
Mountains on the horizon - far distance
Dust clouds rise from the centaur's back feet.
Looks as though centaur may be running past the man or stopping suddenly (one hoof in planted)
He reaches back towards the man with his left hand while holding a dagger behind his back with his right.
The man holds what looks like a club over his right shoulder and a bow in his left hand.
One foot is raised. Is he chasing the centaur?
In the top corners, written in Latin and English, are the words 'hidden dangers'

The LWB says this is the story of Hercules, his wife Deianeira, and the centaur Nessus. The story goes that while Hercules and Deianeira were travelling home they came upon a great river they needed to cross. As Hercules was contemplating how best to cross the centaur Nessus sees them, immediately falls in love with Deianeira, and so conspires to take her. Thus he offers to ferry Deianeira across the river on his back. Hercules accepts the offer and proceeds to cross himself, once across he hears his wife screaming as Nessus tries to force himself on her. At this Hercules picks up his bow, dips an arrow in Hydra blood and fires it squarely into Nessus. As Nessus lays dying from the wound he tricks Deianeira by telling her to take some of his blood as it will ensure Hercules will be true to her if ever his eye starts to wander elsewhere.

The reversed meaning for this is "Barriers. Difficulties."

There is a possibility that this could be to do with the mouse I saw in the laundry room while I was writing the first version of this post. I've seen him a few times since and really want him out but don't want to kill him with mouse traps.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Nemia wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 02:17 Thank you - I hope I'll be untangled soon ;-)

Here my card for today - my post from last night is gone. Don't have time now to go into details.

8 of Pentacles.
Luckily I wrote down my thought on this card before I posted them the first time! They may help you, they may not. But I thought they may give you a little food for thought. Here's what I scribbled...

Cat is half I shadows and half in light - coming out of the Shadows and into the Light.
Cat, a creature of both night and day, is looking up towards the wisdom of Raven/Crow.
In the shadows are day blooming flowers and in the light are night blooming flowers ( night blooming flowers are typically white and highly fragrant)
The Sun is shining its light on something normally hidden from the day - could be pointing to intuition

I don't know if any of that is of use to you but thought I'd post it anyway :grin:
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

@Nemia I managed to read your post about my 1st card before it was lost! Thanks heaps for that :32(19): I'm glad I'm not the only on that sees the King Henry in him. It'll actually help me to remember what he's about I think *fingers crossed*

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Thank you! O I wish we had all the time in the world, we'd open SO many deck studies!

This is very very helpful and I really like this card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I'm having very hectic days and sleepless nights! But here is my card for tomorrow:

A very beautiful and enocuraging card!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Here's my scribbles for the day...

The Lovers

In the top corners are two doves look towards Aphrodite and Eros in the opposite corner.
Eros points his loaded bow at the Lovers.
The Lovers hold hands.
The man looks towards the woman while she looks out of the card at me.
They stand on a grassy hill overlooking a castle/stronghold perched on an island in the bay.
There is a mountain in the distant background behind the woman.
By the man's foot is a tablet with some lines and 1980 written on it.
I get the impression all is not as it seems at first glance with these two. He looks like he is professing his love as he reaches to take her hand. She seems a bit more reserved or closed off holding her hand closer to her while looking off out at the card instead of at him.

After reading what the LWB has to say I now know that doves pull Aphrodite's chariot. Also, the man now seems like he is flirting with the woman and offering her safe harbour, while she thinks he has some more on tails to climb before she'll accept his proposal.

I'm not sure what this is referring to today. Maybe I need to make friends with the mouse and find out what he wants before I can get rid of him...

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

DV Angel Tarot: Release

Post by Serpentwand »

The Death card actually looks worse to me because of the animals - the white mother horse is trying to comfort her brown foal but the father horse is nowhere to be seen, perhaps he's died in the forest fire on the horizon. The towers look abandoned as if they mark the border of a lost civilisation somewhere back past the blackened trees. At least these two have escaped to the shelter of living trees and a grassy meadow filled with white roses - perhaps the angel led them down the path that ends here. The images on the web also drain what beauty there is out of the card.

"The end of a phase or situation. Spiritual transformation. Time to move on."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My card for today is beautiful!

A happy Six of Wands. A victory, celebrated not in an arrogant pose on a horse ;-) but by dancing happily under an arch of flowers. The woman and the cat can also be seen as giving a high five. Beautiful picture, full of energy. May it all come true today!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links