Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Post by Serpentwand »

Nemia wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 23:45 My card for today is beautiful!

A happy Six of Wands. A victory, celebrated not in an arrogant pose on a horse ;-) but by dancing happily under an arch of flowers. The woman and the cat can also be seen as giving a high five. Beautiful picture, full of energy. May it all come true today!
I hope so Nemia, that looks lovely.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

DV Angel Tarot: The Dreamer

Post by Serpentwand »

The fourth Major Arcana / Archangel to come up in a row, this deck seems to be encouraging me to look at the similarities and differences to other Tarots. This one would be The Fool but The Dreamer is a nice title and something different to consider. The image is incredibly busy and colourful, the dreamer and his dog are surrounded by swirling loops of rainbow colours (similar to the Thoth), unicorns, angels, treasure chests, birds, butterflies, a sea with a Viking ship and sea monster, and all sorts of shadowy things that can't be made out at all. No wonder he looks a bit lost.

"A leap of faith. Follow your dreams. Unexpected opportunities."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I thought this might be of some use for you 2dogs

♡ Fee
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I know I should have posted earlier today but I got distracted chatting :grin:

So now that it's the end of the day here are my scribbles from this morning.

5 of Swords reversed - this one flipped it's self while shuffling

Top corners have in Latin and English "Dishonour" and "Stagnation"
Bottom corners have "Changes" and "Seduction"
5 ornately halted swords woven together
On the left one man sits with one arm raised while another stands behind him with a hand on his other arm. Is the second guy holding back the first?
Opposite them are another two men, one is kneeling (getting up or down?), he's wearing a hat. The other stands behind with a hand on his shoulder. Is he comforting the kneeling man, holding him in his kneel, or supporting him?

His card tells the story of Odysseus and Diomedes as they beseech Archilles to get back to battle. Archilles refuses and the war goes bad for the Greeks.

So reversed, this is about new experiences and adventures possibly after persuasion or seduction.

I like adventures, I think today's adventure was a written one in chat today (where I must have used most of my brain power for the day) followed by a rather vacant trip to the supermarket!
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

theFeeLion wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 04:14 I thought this might be of some use for you 2dogs

♡ Fee
Thank you Fee but I'm happier looking at all this stuff swirl around me than jumping into any of it and getting really lost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I pulled this card and wrote about it last night before bed.

2 of Cups

2 cups take centre stage with water flowing from the upper to the lower.
There are a few little rough parts to the water
The words "Love" and "Passion" are written in the top corners.
In the bottom corners are what look to be Eros pointing across to a reclining Aphrodite?
I get the feeling this has something to do with the harmony between lovers?

The story behind this card is of jealousy and first love. Aphrodite sends her son Eros to punish Psyche for her beauty (which rivals the goddesses own). Eros instead falls in love with Psyche.

So we have love at first sight, new love and "the bond between two people, invisible but formidable." Hmm should be an interesting day then...

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

DV Angel Tarot: Knight of Earth

Post by Serpentwand »

Not a very exciting card. There's a few wisps of mist around but not enough fantasy to get swept away in, the horse and knight look very solid.

As a person: "Loyal, Dedicated, Honorable, Kind",

As a situation: "Time to buckle down and get things done! Honor your commitments. A guardian angel."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: DV Angel Tarot: Knight of Earth

Post by Serpentwand »

2dogs wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 01:03 Not a very exciting card. There's a few wisps of mist around but not enough fantasy to get swept away in, the horse and knight look very solid.

As a situation: "Time to buckle down and get things done! Honor your commitments. A guardian angel."
I needed something a bit more interesting so went to my Solar System and Elements cards.

The Sun is by far the most significant body in the Solar System, generating its own heat and light rather than merely reflecting light from elsewhere.

Strontium absorbs incoming light efficiently, stores the energy, then slowly releases it in the dark so is used as luminous paint.

Hmm, maybe I need to try and take something in from reality, the natural world, the Sun.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: DV Angel Tarot: Knight of Earth

Post by Serpentwand »

2dogs wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 01:37
2dogs wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 01:03 Not a very exciting card. There's a few wisps of mist around but not enough fantasy to get swept away in, the horse and knight look very solid.

I needed something a bit more interesting so went to my Solar System and Elements cards.

The Sun is by far the most significant body in the Solar System, generating its own heat and light rather than merely reflecting light from elsewhere.

Strontium absorbs incoming light efficiently, stores the energy, then slowly releases it in the dark so is used as luminous paint.

Hmm, maybe I need to try and take something in from reality, the natural world, the Sun.
Actually I think what the Knight is trying to say is that this fantasy has all been very enjoyable and we need to dream but it's time to return to reality, solid earth - pull back from the swirling multi coloured madness and look at a few facts.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

DV Angel Tarot: 3 of Fire

Post by Serpentwand »

This is more like it! I did actually say before drawing that I was going to my fact cards for facts and reality, and could this deck give me something more along the lines of enjoyable dreams and fantasy to cheer me up and stimulate my imagination. This one has plenty - a girl sits next to a very brightly coloured dragon among grass, shrubs and flowers, looking across a madly boiling orange sea with waves crashing against tall trees and sweeping one away, to an erupting volcano belching fire and pouring streams of glowing lava into the sea. And there's a pool in the foreground reflecting the dragon's tail and three glowing wands. And at least three butterflies although they're a bit hard to spot among everything else that's going on. Love it :32(37): .

"Abundance! Things look very good; have patience at this time. Make long-term plans."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links