Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

DV Angel Tarot: 4 of Fire

Post by Serpentwand »

To wrap up the week I asked if the deck could help me with studying the Thoth and got the next card in sequence. I'd also been comparing the 2 with the Thoth yesterday having drawn that in the reading exchange.

"Contentment, peace and abundance. A happy home life. The successful completion of a project".

This sounds promising. The image shows a happy looking dragon tucked up within a big ball of glowing fire. Other spheres in the background look like a cloudy planet and the Moon (due to the rounded dark markings), there are many stars or galaxies about, and what are conical buildings in other cards look in this more like the astronomical Pillars of Creation - so I'd say the dragon is living inside the Sun. Underneath is actually a black disk surrounded by light just like my eclipse avatar and the swirls around the dragon recall those in the Thoth Fool. The four solid looking wands around this globe have dragon heads instead of serpents but their tails still curve around in the same way. I'll compare this properly with the Thoth later.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #2 for July 24 - July 30

Post by theFeeLion »

So I suppose I should post at least one more card before the end of my week...

Strength reversed. Oh yes that is definitely how I'm feeling today (and yesterday), and a nice easy one to interpret for me to finish on. Weak. Dumb hangovers lol.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I didn't have time yesterday but I did draw a card and it was on my desk the whole day:

5 of Pentacles.

The cat doesn't seem to mind to be outside at night, it's actually one of the most peaceful and friendly interpretations of this card. The colourful stained glass in the RWS is here replaced by colourful individual windows. They glow beautifully but the moon light gives a lovely shine also to the five pentacles on the ground. The card is called huoli, worry, but the cat doesn't seem to worry.

And for today:

The Tower.

Oh no, I don't need any more Tower experiences right now, we've just been through some. Can't even think about more Tower. Although of course the interpretation in this deck is again very kind. The cat (always the same nice ginger) jumps gracefully and the woman will land softly. The tower itself doesn't look too inviting so probably the woman and the cat are glad to leave it - even if they wouldn't have dared to do so on their own initiative. I can draw some conclusions from both cards, again they're only too apt.

This deck makes it all look very peaceful and mysterious but not threatening. I love this deck much more than I expected!

It's not a cat deck where humans are replaced by cats. It's a tarot deck, observed through the eyes of an intelligent, detached and curious cat called Kissa. It should be called Kissa's tarot ;-) My own old Kissa was a Siamese.... she's been dead some 30 years but I'll never forget her.

If the spirit of the animals we mourn can support us... then Kissa is certainly by my side.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

It sounds like you picked the right deck there Nemia. Kissa is no doubt concentrating on landing safely - cats are very good at that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: DV Angel Tarot: 4 of Fire

Post by Serpentwand »

2dogs wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 01:20 To wrap up the week I asked if the deck could help me with studying the Thoth and got the next card in sequence. I'd also been comparing the 2 with the Thoth yesterday having drawn that in the reading exchange.

"Contentment, peace and abundance. A happy home life. The successful completion of a project".

This sounds promising. The image shows a happy looking dragon tucked up within a big ball of glowing fire. Other spheres in the background look like a cloudy planet and the Moon (due to the rounded dark markings), there are many stars or galaxies about, and what are conical buildings in other cards look in this more like the astronomical Pillars of Creation - so I'd say the dragon is living inside the Sun. Underneath is actually a black disk surrounded by light just like my eclipse avatar and the swirls around the dragon recall those in the Thoth Fool. The four solid looking wands around this globe have dragon heads instead of serpents but their tails still curve around in the same way. I'll compare this properly with the Thoth later.

This Thoth card does seem to be in agreement here. There's also a circular design, mention of "squaring the circle" as a reconciliation of opposites but also a motion of the wheel due to the collision of opposing forces - Venus and Aries. The flames in the centre could be the Sun in the centre of the planets or powering the wheel and the central point is also described as the eye of the storm. A few extra decks of opposing qualities could well throw some interesting light and energy onto the Thoth then, although the Thoth itself needs to be at the centre, the concentrated core of meaning.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links