Deck of the Week #3 for July 31 - August 6

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #3 for July 31 - August 6

Post by Nemia »

Ah, this is better.

The King of Pentacles knows it all and has it all. Self confidence, pragmatism, a good sense of my own value (and the value of my work), and the step from "inside" to "outside" - i need them now, they're part of me, somewhere hidden deep down. My animus, there he is. I have to activate him.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
GoldenWolf

Post by GoldenWolf »

Whoops, sorry to come in so late. I decided to do a second week with the Dreams of Gaia Tarot decksince I am still struggling with the majors.

I finished up the Magician last night (still not 100% pleased with it and may rework it a bit later) and will start on the High Priestess this evening. I have a much greater respect now for deck creators given how much work it is just to color in the B&W cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Doing the colours for the Thoth Tarot certainly looked difficult at times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Thoth Tarot - 3 of Wands

Post by Serpentwand »

I didn't really think the subtitle "Virtue" on the 3 of Wands would actually refer to Doreen but as it turns out it may well have done. The overall message was about achieving a certain initial level of success, reviewing that and refining longer term plans, a collection of items supporting each other in a common purpose and working together well, all pulling in the same direction. The fact cards I've been using have been very helpful so far but comparing the DV versions of the cards with the Thoth has proved rather less enlightening. The Elements card today with its colours and shapes was unmistakable in its denunciation of the DV decks as inferior while the Solar System card a bit more diplomatically suggested they weren't being used to their full potential here or being given a chance to grow. I noticed the fact cards by commenting on the DV decks were also being distracted from the original intention of using them to clarify and expand upon the main Thoth card. I think my long term plan then may be to just use the fact decks in conjunction with the Thoth and keep the DV decks separate to develop some different reading method of their own.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Nemia wrote: 02 Aug 2017, 19:46 Ah, this is better.

The King of Pentacles knows it all and has it all. Self confidence, pragmatism, a good sense of my own value (and the value of my work), and the step from "inside" to "outside" - i need them now, they're part of me, somewhere hidden deep down. My animus, there he is. I have to activate him.
Yes, keep focussed on this one :thumbsup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Thoth Tarot - 5 of Swords

Post by Serpentwand »

The 5 of Swords "Defeat" again, but this time without any input from DV. Today it's all about solving mysteries, working out puzzles. Things may appear to go wrong at random, but by classifying them, separating out the different types of event and joining the dots, they can be rearranged into a pattern of evidence revealing the history leading up to the present situation.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Theme of the Day card I drew is the Queen of Pentacles.

It is my son's birthday today - he is four. I had him as a rather elderly primigravida, and I had already started to try come to terms with the idea that I would perhaps never be a mother. So he's my little miracle and my pride and joy. We are very close and have a wonderfully affectionate relationship. I am reminded very much today of being a mother and wondering how my little skinny rabbit got to be 4.

I also drew the 6 of swords as "front of mind". It features a man, woman and small child in a rowing boat, heading across the water to a hazy fortress in the distance. Tomorrow we set off for Bretagne, and will be sailing on a Ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo. Mt St Michel is very close by. This card represents my looking forward to our holiday, though the sailing part i am nervous about as i tend to get very sick, even on large boats.

In the "beneath the surface" position i drew a Nine of Pentacles. I am seeing her an opportunity for me to recharge, spend some time off the hamster wheel and consolidate my energies. I have achieved a lot at work over the past couple of months and have established a good reputation. Time now to enjoy a well earned rest and marshall my strengths.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Oops I missed yesterday! I guess this post will just have to be two in one.

Yesterday's card was...

23. Living Your Potential

Another 2!
3 - growth. First manifestation of something real and supportive
5 - new cycle, freedom, change, adventure

I had a job interview yesterday... I finally have a job after 8 months of looking and am going to be a cheese maker 4 days a week! :grin: Ooo and something else, part of my job description... eat cheese! Mmm cheese.

Today's card was...

13. Alchemy

No 2s this time. But there is another 3.
1. Begining, initiation, inspiration, aspiration
4. Structure, foundation

I was a little confused about this card today until a friend I hadn't seen in a few years came around to visit this afternoon. We ended up talking about my cards so I decided to pull a few for her to see what they had to say. Nelys the Alchemist, the Singer of Transfiguration, and Death (twice) showed up - all of them about change and transformation.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Fee, your cards are beautiful! I have to know more about this deck :-)

My card for today: eight of Pentacles. And that's very true and very right. I had the king yesterday, the eight today - work, pragmatism, just doing what I have to do and what i CAN do. It's also an echo to the Thoth reading CharlotteKAT did for me.

Again, I find that these cards are very lovely to look at but I don't find anything that I wouldn't find in RWS or Morgan Greer or some other RWS "clone" (I don't like that word because they're not clones - they're new interpretations). If there are any suggestions or symbols from the Thai culture, I don't recognize them. Did they have to take pentacles? is there really no Thai equivalent for that symbol? no stone or coin or graphic sign?

I still like this deck and don't regret I bought it but it's a bit too close to the RWS iconography.

This is one thing the Deck of the Week does: you see what a deck has to offer.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Nemia wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 07:22 Fee, your cards are beautiful! I have to know more about this deck :-)
Thanks! :big: it's funny you say that actually, because I was thinking earlier tonight that I might possibly put these up for trade if I can't connect with them better and for some reason I thought "I wonder if Nemia would like them...?"
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links