Sacred Days of Autumn Equinox

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Sacred Days of Autumn Equinox

Post by Nemia »

One of the last things I did on AT was to participate in the Sacred Days of Midsummer readings. We had a spread for the twelve days around the summer solstice, and each day, each of us did a daily reading for the card of that day.

I find the idea wonderful, it was an unforgettable feeling of celebrating a signpost of the year with tarot.

I nearly finished the work on a spread for the sacred days around the autumn equinox. Would anyone be interested in such a group activity? I know we have already a lot of reading circles going on, and we're all busy.

But if I'm not alone with this, I'll post the dates (middle of September) and the spread (one card per day for twelve days). Then you can start thinking about the deck that is most suitable for the autumn equinox.

Let me know what you think!

I'd love these seasonal Sacred Days to turn into a tradition here, four times a year - for the two solstices and the two equinoxes. Personally, I feel very connected to these dates, and I'm not a real Pagan (rather some kind of Christian-rooted, Nature-fascinated Pantheist I guess).

Added later:

here is the spread! I added it so you don't have to hunt for it. Copy it into your post and just edit it every day. You can add pictures if you wish so - but you don't have to!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Sacred Days of Autumn Equinox

Post by Serpentwand »

That's a great idea Nemia, it would be nice to do something :bravo: . I'm not a real Pagan either but I remember the solstices and equinoxes as they're astronomically real, and my birthday is generally on the spring equinox.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

I'm in too :)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Great! I'm still working on the spread, great fun!!! If you have any ideas, just leave them here in the thread and I'll try to incorporate them!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I'd like to take part. I signed up to the Summer Spread on AT but got very behind very quickly. It was a bad time at work. I'm not Pagan but feel I can only benefit from tuning into seasons and cycles. Thanks Nemia, kind of you to organise this :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Me too! I am a scientific (pagan) Naturalist. too lazy to do my own rituals except for a few. would never make a good witch or pagan.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I could be interested in doing something like this if there was a southern hemisphere version. I would like to participate in something like this but I would feel out of sync if I was doing something for autumn in the spring...
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Ah, it's great to have somebody from the Southern Hemisphere! I was just thinking that it would be wonderful to have Southerners doing the vernal equinoxe spread... which of course doesn't exist yet... but it will!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I'm not sure how many of us southerners there are but I think it would be interesting to maybe have similar spread and see what correlations or overall themes there may be at the same time of year between the two hemispheres...?
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes. We might work at the spread together - here. I'll put up here what I have right now and we can change it and make it fit the Southern Hemisphere. That's really important to me - like the fact that I want Southern Hemisphere cards in astrological/astronomical decks. Had a discussion about that on AT with a North European user who was irritated to see constellations she'd never see in a deck. I'd be sad if there were not!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links