Deck of the Week #8 for September 4 - September 10

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #8 for September 4 - September 10

Post by Nemia »

Sorry, I didn't open this thread a day earlier the way I usually do - but here it is!

Time flies, and here we are again...

Let's start to think about next week! Let me know in the comments which deck will go through the next week with you, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Tell us more about your deck, your expectations and what attracts you to it (or if you didn't use it much until now, why not?).

We will use our Deck of the Week for our daily draws. You an draw your card in the morning or evening, whatever fits better into your personal schedule. If you can share a picture, that's great, but it's no requirement.

How do the energies of our daily cards manifest in our lives? What can we learn about ourselves and our lives - and about our cards and decks?

I try to pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck. You may wish to do the same before you put away the deck - it can give interesting perspectives on the energies in the past week.

If you know already your deck for next week, please let me know and I'll add you to the list in this post!

Nemia - Fey Tarot
CharlotteKAT - Dark Angels
TheFeeLion - Shadowscapes

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Deck of the Week #8 for September 4 - September 10

Post by CharlotteK »

Dark Angels for me this week. I would like to get to know it a little bit better, just in case anyone wants to do a Dark Deck Reading Club exchange this month.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Here is my card for tomorrow (i.e. today, it's a bit after midnight right now...), and it's the 8 of Swords.

What a nice interpretation of this card! Well, if you don't read the dragon as poor entrapped creature ;-) but I think we're on the side of the fey with the self confident smile. Go ahead, you don't have to slay the dragon, it's enough to render it unable to bite you.

Okay!

(This is another lovely swap deck - it came beautifully trimmed to me and I love the little colourful borders for each suit! I also have the book and will try to look up the cards - but since I'm going on vacation on Thursday and have a looong to do list before that, let's see how this week develops! I like the book since it tells me about the cooperation between the author and the artist - the author, Riccardo from LoS, as tarot expert, and the artist as intuitive empath envisioning her unique little fey in tarot situations. Since I'm one who prefers decks that spring like Athene from the head of Zeus, i.e. decks that are made by a tarot reader who is both author and artist, this book taught me a lot and made me appreciate the typical LoS-collaboration deck a lot more!)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Ooo me please! I'm gonna be using my new shadowscapes deck! I got it second hand from a local trade website and wasn't too sure about it initially... An them I received it an fell in love!

My card this morning was the Moon. It's definitely turning into a bit of a crazy day lol I will have to post more when I get home from work later
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Well it was definitely a Moon day today! Aside from the craziness of the day i think the card was also referring to when I would be finishing work today. At about 8.30pm! Oh well lol at least I'll sleep well tonight!
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

And here is my card for today:

The 5 of Pentacles - the worry card for me, the worry wart. It's actually quite a comforting card because the fear factor is looking in from the outside, but within there's company and kindness.

I like this deck, it has such an innocent spirit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I'm sorry I was away for so long! I had problems with the Internet connection where I am right now, but I have my cards for this week on my laptop!

Thursday September 7:

That was the day I left my beloved husband behind at home while I went to my family for a short "emergency vacation" - there is a family emergency but still, it's a kind of vacation. I find it very hard to be without the emotionally stabilizing kindness and understanding of my dear husband, and that's how I understand this card.

Friday September 8:

I'm always amazed at how things work out. Yes, I left home and I came home. Ten of Pentacles, the home card. I have two homes: one with my husband and children, and one with my mother. It was a very intense day and it's always emotional for me to smell my old home again and touch the well-known furniture and sit at my old place at the table again. It was a day that brought home for me again what home means.

Saturday September 9:

It's more difficult for me to connect this card to the very mundane day we had - I confess that I'm probably the only tarot person who is not really very much in tune with the High Priestess. She is so popular with tarotists but I always feel more attuned with Temperance, Strength, the Empress and the Star - other feminine archetypes, or with Death, no gender, or the Hermit and Hierophant... so I'll have to ponder this card for this special day.

Sunday September 10:

Another Pentacles card for the quiet Sunday full of emotional demands on me. I don't often identify with Kings but I was this king on that day. I had to be strong, pragmatic, diplomatic and practical, too. And I was.

It was a demanding week, and the transition from one world to another is always wonderful and smooth, but I also feel that I neglect my parental home. My re-location many years ago meant that those who raised me, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and a whole circle of friends, became less important. I neglected many people, and when I'm here, I feel it and try to re-connect.

My life is very intense and I try to give from myself. That's probably what the High Priestess tells me, to connect spiritually and still keep my own core.

Wonderful cards, the Fey, very much in tune with my feelings, more so than I can say.

I can recommend this warm, quirky, intuitive deck. It surprised me when I bought it, beautifully trimmed, from our own webmistress, after I saw it in Falcor's kind and capable hands when he read for me. A very precise deck and one that can easily be under-estimated. Those decks who look so harmless but do pack a punch have a special place in my heart. Silhouette, Dreaming Way, Maria Celia, Distant Past and Fey, I'm looking at you! Wonderful decks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Well, it was an interesting week for me. So much so that while I was able to get time to pull a card each day, writing about them was a whole different story!

It all started off with the Moon. What a herald for lunacy that was!

Then came my King of Cups day. This was most definitely in relation to my partner. He got a bit upset with me because I went out for a few drinks with my work mate and a few others after work (I have Thursdays off), I have a bad habit of coming home late...

Followed by the Knight of Swords. Well, a friend of ours (in this case who the card was referring to) managed to get his brand new 4x4 stuck in the middle of a river while looking for a new fishing spot at about 10 am. My partner got a call from him at around 5 pm asking for help. We were both at my partner's sister's place looking after his niece. So my partner leaves to go rescue our friend thinking all he needed was a tow out of the river with our 4x4. At 2.30 am my partner gets back to his sister's place (I was asleep on the couch waiting for him). The 4x4 was still stuck. And now my partner's back was out again (he was only just coming right after a week off work!)

Knight of Swords with Hierophant extra
I had the Knight jump out while shuffling and thought (in a slightly whiny voice) "Oh, but I had that one yesterday, and I'm not ready yet anyway!" so shuffled some more and pulled the Hierophant. I should have listened to the first card! Because guess who needed more help... Knight of Swords guy. From 12 pm till 1.30 am! His 4x4 is still next to the river, only one wheel had its tyre still on when they managed to get it that far! He ended up taking out all his frustration on my partner which was not cool at all! Still haven't figured out what the Hierophant was trying to say...

Tower
I think the Tower may have been referencing the friendship that may have been destroyed by the unappreciative Knight through all of this.

Five of Pentacles. This was most assuredly the result of a few bottles of wine with my best friend the night before! I was feeling a tad sorry for myself lol.

Well, that was my week in cards. I must try and be better next time and actually post on the day!

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links