For you Thothies out there...

Monthly reading circle for Thoth veterans as well as for newbies

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Forum rules
The Thoth Reading Club will be held monthly. Both newbies as well as experienced Thothies are welcome to join. Sign up is on during the first week of every month. Readings should be posted during the following week. Full feedback is expected by the end of the month. Menbers are encouraged to remind one another by PM if a reading or feedback is overdue; should help be needed, please contact a Mod or Admin. The club guide may specify a specific spread or topic at the beginning of a Reading Circle. Use the Thoth or one of its clones. This is a learning forum, so participants are encouraged to comment on and ask questions in regards to active threads, including those they are not participating in. Club guide may chime in with occasional commentsand suggestions. And here is the most important rule of all: Have fun! :)
Michael Sternbach
Founder

For you Thothies out there...

Post by Michael Sternbach »

This board now offers a subforum dedicated to reading exchanges with this outstanding deck! :)

Time and again, I hear that people find the Thoth both unusually attractive and challenging. That is hardly surprising, given the complex symbolism it has been filled with by Aleister Crowley, one of the most knowledgeable occultists of the 20th century. In my three decades with the Thoth, I have even met a number of dedicated Thothies who were much more comfortable theorizing about the deck than using it for actual readings!

Hopefully, this special subforum will facilitate learning and exchanging experiences with this deck. Participants can use whatever spreads they agree on. However, to keep things simple, three-card linear spreads are recommended. Here are some suggestions for the meanings you could give to the positions:

2 = Don't do 1 = Situation 3 = Do
2 = Attitude 1 = Situation 3 = Advice
2 = Past 1 = Present 3 = Future

It is okay if two participants assign different meanings to the positions in their spread - just do what is most in line with the query. Or, if you prefer, lay out three cards without predetermined positions.

If you are interested in joining - well, sign up by posting below! :)

Your friendly Admin,
Michael

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: For you Thothies out there...

Post by Serpentwand »

I'm interested, just somewhat overwhelmed at the moment :lol: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Yes I'm interested too. What timescales will we be working to Michael ? I have a couple of other reading circle irons in the fire right now but if we started this round in maybe a week or so. I'd be well up for that. I have to say I am a Thoth newcomer. Have picked up bits and bobs, but this will be my first attempt reading with the deck.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I'm interested! Thoth was my first deck and remains my favorite. And it's still my main reading deck.

How do you propose the reading circle works? I never participated in a reading circle.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Nemia wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 03:00 I'm interested! Thoth was my first deck and remains my favorite. And it's still my main reading deck.

How do you propose the reading circle works? I never participated in a reading circle.
Neither have I. So I am not sure how reading circles were conducted on AT - but why would we have to stick to that format anyway?

My proposal: People interested in participating continuously sign up in this thread, and when ready they start posting their Q&A threads right in this subforum. Starting times are to be agreed on individually by two participants, from "right away" to "in a couple of weeks".

Advantages of this approach: No time limits, Thoth reading circles are a permanent part of this forum. And all threads can be easily found and reviewed here.

Participants pair up in chronological order. So right now, we have:

2dogs - CharlotteKAT
Nemia - Michael Sternbach
DDwarks -
Last edited by Michael Sternbach on 13 Jul 2017, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Er, I don't know if I'll have cleared my other exchanges in a week :o . Better get moving.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

2dogs wrote:Er, I don't know if I'll have cleared my other exchanges in a week :o . Better get moving.
We can decide our own timeframe 2dogs - no rules. Ha! (you'll be sick of me as a reading partner after this) [emoji16]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

CharlotteKAT wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 08:17
2dogs wrote:Er, I don't know if I'll have cleared my other exchanges in a week :o . Better get moving.
We can decide our own timeframe 2dogs - no rules. Ha! (you'll be sick of me as a reading partner after this) [emoji16]

Fate can be cruel to be kind :lol: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Michael, if you are looking for a partner - I'm here ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Nemia wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 09:09 Michael, if you are looking for a partner - I'm here ;-)
Now that I already thought I could sit back and enjoy the show... :roll:

Just kidding. Pleased to join you. :)

I'm still a little busy too, though. Let's say, in about a week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links