hello!

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
shadowrose

hello!

Post by shadowrose »

i am a newbie to tarot and was looking for a place to go to find info and comaradarie. i've been drawn to tarot cards for awhile, have a few decks but never really worked with them before. I have picked up the book Tarot Journaling and plan to start working through that. The decks I have so far are the Art Nouveau deck, The Llewellyn deck and a cheapie deck from a dollar store. I have just ordered The Green Witch's Tarot. I have several others I have my eye on, but I'm trying to pace myself, lol.

I look forward to getting to know y'all and share experiences.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: hello!

Post by CharlotteK »

shadowrose wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 11:54 i am a newbie to tarot and was looking for a place to go to find info and comaradarie. i've been drawn to tarot cards for awhile, have a few decks but never really worked with them before. I have picked up the book Tarot Journaling and plan to start working through that. The decks I have so far are the Art Nouveau deck, The Llewellyn deck and a cheapie deck from a dollar store. I have just ordered The Green Witch's Tarot. I have several others I have my eye on, but I'm trying to pace myself, lol.

I look forward to getting to know y'all and share experiences.
Welcome to Eclectic shadowrose!

Glad you found us and I'm sure you will find plenty here to help you on your tarot journey. Please just dive right in with any of the threads that spark your interest.

This is a relatively new forum but we want this to be a very cosy and supportive place for people to learn and share knowledge. You might be interested in the Beginners Reading Club once you have found your feet a bit.

If you have any questions please just PM a moderator.

Enjoy!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

thank you! i see the beginning reader's thread is closed for October, but maybe I will join in in November. I was just looking over the Tarot Journaling book and it seems it uses a celtic cross spread, which is kind of heavy for a newbie. I think I'd like to start out with single or no more than three card draws. I'm really wanting to get into tarot for self-discovery, seems like it would be great for introspective journaling.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Hi Shadowrose! :icon_e_biggrin:

Great to see you here :icon_mrgreen: If you need any help or have any questions don't be afraid to ask! We are all learning in one way or another :icon_mrgreen: I would love to see you for a Beginners Reading Club :icon_e_biggrin: If you would like to get your teeth in straight away may I suggest having a go with Deck of the Week? I did that when I got my first tarot deck in... when was it... omg it was only this past July! I found it really helpful. I used it to examine the imagery in each card I pulled for the week. I think this weeks thread is already up if you feel you are up for it :icon_mrgreen:

:heart: Fee
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Dear Shadowrose, it's wonderful that you have just arrived and already became an active poster! :clap: Welcome, and have fun! We all learn from each other here. Hope to see you often!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

theFeeLion wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 14:58 Hi Shadowrose! :icon_e_biggrin:

Great to see you here :icon_mrgreen: If you need any help or have any questions don't be afraid to ask! We are all learning in one way or another :icon_mrgreen: I would love to see you for a Beginners Reading Club :icon_e_biggrin: If you would like to get your teeth in straight away may I suggest having a go with Deck of the Week? I did that when I got my first tarot deck in... when was it... omg it was only this past July! I found it really helpful. I used it to examine the imagery in each card I pulled for the week. I think this weeks thread is already up if you feel you are up for it :icon_mrgreen:

:heart: Fee
thank you so much! after reading about it, though, it may be awhile before i just into the reader's club. i thought it was a way to learn the deck, but it is a place to actually practice readings and i don't think i'm there yet, lol. so far the most i've done is looked through each deck I have. I will certainly check out the deck of the week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

Nemia wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 15:17 Dear Shadowrose, it's wonderful that you have just arrived and already became an active poster! :clap: Welcome, and have fun! We all learn from each other here. Hope to see you often!
thank you! i hope to be here often. i am excited to chat with others on the tarot journey.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links