This is Nemia

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
Nemia
Global Moderator

This is Nemia

Post by Nemia »

I'm very grateful for the time we hat on the AT boards - I enjoy very much the Cartomancy forum with its emphasis on playing cards and Lenormand - and I'm happy and optimitistic that we'll build over time here an ET that will become just as rich and wonderful as the other existing forums.

I've been interested in cards of all kinds since I was a child. I want to share some distinctive memories:

c 1972 We used to play many card games at home. My grandmother kept in her library a large number of old decks, with French and German suits. It was fun for me as a child to sit and compare with magnifying glasses the different court cards. I loved those decks - wonder where they are now.

c 1976 My grandmother taught me to play Patience. When my first Patience deck was worn out (how many did I go through since then?), I bought a new one, and with a friend, I wrote divinatory meanings on the old deck. I must have been twelve years old, I remember we were sitting in my friends' room. For many years, I kept that deck; then it disappeared. I'd give much to see the meanings we two giggly girls came up with... but they're lost.

c 1983 I was a lovelorn teenager and met in the middle of our town an old schoolfriend I had lost touch with. She asked me whether I wanted to have my cards read. I said of course.

I never forgot that reading and for years later searched for the deck of cards she used. It was the Thoth, as I found out when I bought one and saw the card that I could not forget - it was Lust.

Since then, on and off, I've been reading books and cards, collecting Tarot, Lenormand and playing cards, and I'm glad to be here.

I'll do what I can to make it a welcoming and friendly place.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: This is Nemia

Post by Jo Ann »

you can forget alot of things, but who could forget lust.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Trogon

Post by Trogon »

(((((((((hugs))))))))) Nemia!!! So glad to see you here!

That is quite a time-line! I had my first exposure to Tarot when my mother bought her Albano-Waite deck in the late '60's (I now have that deck). I used a pendulum several times in the ensuing years. Then about 1992 a neighbor (with whom we became very good friends) reintroduced me to Tarot. I've been on that path ever since.

There are a few boards that are showing some promise. I'm not quite as thrilled with the Cartomancy Forum, since their focus is on those decks which I don't really use. I'm having a tech issue as well (can't really post except "quick reply" from my laptop at home). But I think if I was more enthused about their focus, I'd try harder to fix it. But, I guess this isn't the best place to discuss all those other boards. ;)

I'm really looking forward to your posts Nemia!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
[Groucho Marx]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Belatedly hello Nemia, and thanks for starting a load of threads. Someone has to get the party started. Lol. Great you are here :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Yes, you know I'm a chatterbox and have always been so.

On AT, I often felt embarrassed for not knowing enough, I didn't contribute many readings, hesitated ages before opening a thread etc. It's a bit ridiculous, but I felt like between giants. AT was sooo well established. Here, I feel free to just do what comes into my head. That's very liberating :-)

Trogon, that's a fascinating story. I do use Lenormand and playing cards and I'm thankful for the nice welcome we had on Cartomancy. But I want this forum here to succeed. Luna's Crone was there when we were all reeling with shock and said: I'll do it, I'll build up a forum. And she did.

I hope it will grow and flourish!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
zhadee

Post by zhadee »

Ahoy Nemia! ?-)
Always be yerself, unless ye can be a pirate. Then always be a pirate.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
palin

Post by palin »

yes Nemia you did great by starting of in good spirit a lot of the threads on here
I hope this board succeeds too
to me the essential key of success is the kind of people that AT attracted
if you think about it, everyone on AT was a free thinker in their own right
but also exchanging views with respect and open-mindness and intelligence
and a lot of good will to bring their own knowledge
when I realised AT was going to close down I really felt sad to lose all these people I had interacted with over the years
I mean there is probably a giant whole database we will be losing but the soul of AT comes from its membres
if we can all reach out to the bunch of people we have met online and invite them over here we will be able to rebuild the community
so dont hesitate to forward a link to ET to the people you knew on AT, even only a little.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Carojulie

Post by Carojulie »

Hello Nemia !
Thank you so much for sharing these little bits of your story ! I love learning little things about you all :) it is very interesting and also fun !
Thank you too Trogon for sharing !
I am very happy to se you all here.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Nemia wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 15:37 Yes, you know I'm a chatterbox and have always been so.

On AT, I often felt embarrassed for not knowing enough, I didn't contribute many readings, hesitated ages before opening a thread etc. It's a bit ridiculous, but I felt like between giants. AT was sooo well established. Here, I feel free to just do what comes into my head. That's very liberating :-)

Trogon, that's a fascinating story. I do use Lenormand and playing cards and I'm thankful for the nice welcome we had on Cartomancy. But I want this forum here to succeed. Luna's Crone was there when we were all reeling with shock and said: I'll do it, I'll build up a forum. And she did.

I hope it will grow and flourish!
Ah, this is funny you know, because to me Nemia, you are one of the 'giants' on AT :) It's all relative I guess. I've grown in confidence but I still feel like I know nothing. It must have felt a bit like this when AT started - small and intimate. It's a lot easier to have a voice and less intimidating. I hope people do come and join in because this could be a great success :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Tigerangel71

Post by Tigerangel71 »

Hi Nemia and welcome.
"Can't Rain All The Time"

Link:
BBcode: