Hello from Australia

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
gurupcc

Hello from Australia

Post by gurupcc »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sunish & I'm from Doncaster, Australia. I'm playing cards and tarot deck creator & producer. Recently, I launched my first tarot deck (Bharata Tarot Playing Cards & Major Arcana Expansion) on Kickstarter and then I found about this community. I believe I should have been here before so that I could have received feedback and suggestions, but it is a lesson learned now.

I'm excited to be a part of this wonderful community.

Take care and have a great weekend.....

Regards,
Sunish
Bharata Tarot Major Arcana - now available @ www.guruplayingcards.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seeker

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by Seeker »

gurupcc wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 03:53 I believe I should have been here before so that I could have received feedback and suggestions, but it is a lesson learned now.
I reserve this space for the 'Before & After' feedback

Before:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gurupcc

Post by gurupcc »

This illustration of "The Lovers" is inspired from a painting done in 17th Century by Nihal Chand. Nihâl Chand (1710-1782) was the chief painter at the court of Kishangarh during the time of King Savant Singh. His paintings capture the romantic and religious passions of his patron Savant Singh. He is known for his idealized depiction of the female form called Bani Thani.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Hello and Welcome Sunish!

Glad you have found our dedicated section for deck creators. Hope you enjoy the forum and best wishes for you Kickstarter campaign. It's always very exciting to see new decks come onto the market and have the opportunity to hear from the artist behind them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gurupcc

Post by gurupcc »

Thanks Charlotte. Been a lurker on AT and after it closed I was unable to make a decision on whether I should join a forum again or just be a part of some facebook group. Somehow, I like forums better and Bharata Tarot gave me a push to join this forum.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Are the traditional male/female roles yet in 'vogue', or does the potential 'electricity' of same sex relationships make it's way into the modern decks available on the Indian sub-continent?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Hi Sunish and welcome to the forum. Does the whole deck use Indian images? It would be interesting to hear if you had any trouble finding ones with a good fit to the Tarot ideas.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gurupcc

Post by gurupcc »

Seeker wrote: 29 Oct 2017, 11:21 Are the traditional male/female roles yet in 'vogue', or does the potential 'electricity' of same sex relationships make it's way into the modern decks available on the Indian sub-continent?
The realisation is dawning and conversations are, indeed, happening on this front. I remember getting into a conversation on this topic of same sex relationships with someone and had to retell all stories that he had heard on Hindu mythology, and in the end, got him a book from Amazon.

But, when we talk about decks (playing cards, tarot etc.), there is not much penetration in Indian subcontinent though cardistry is picking up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
gurupcc

Post by gurupcc »

2dogs wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 02:09 Hi Sunish and welcome to the forum. Does the whole deck use Indian images? It would be interesting to hear if you had any trouble finding ones with a good fit to the Tarot ideas.
Thanks 2dogs. Well, I've already produced two custom illustrated playing card decks which were based on Indian folk art, mythology etc. Even here, the whole deck use Indian images.

The project page has a few and I'm revealing more through the updates as well :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links