SEELE-01 reads for Carojulie

Charlie Brown

SEELE-01 reads for Carojulie

Post by Charlie Brown » 10 Feb 2018, 12:49

Spread details here

Here's a personal suggestion: If you use a shuffling technique that gives a high percentage of reversals, it is very easy to end up with a spread that has many, many cards. It can helpful, I think to keep in mind that TdM readers who work primarily in majors-only don't always ascribe the same kind of weight to each card that RWS trained readers do. For cards other than the first 3, I might use as little as one word per card in my interpretation. Again, this is just my personal style and not a requirement of the method.

Example: After my sacrifice (XII), I tried to integrate(XIIII) my skills (I) but dark emotions (XVIII) pulled things off course(VII).

I want to say again that this is just one way to do it and I hope you'll read how you like to. I only put this up because it can be overwhelming to think you're doing a past-present-future draw and to end up with 20 cards on the table.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Re: SEELE-01 reads for Carojulie

Post by SEELE-01 » 12 Feb 2018, 16:34

@Charlie
No problem :thumbup:
I know year-long readings that use 36 cards, the more, the merrier :icon_lol:

@Carojulie
So, time to give back last month's reading :thumbup:
Any subject in particular you want me to adress?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Carojulie

Post by Carojulie » 13 Feb 2018, 06:23

Hi Seele ! Nice to see you again !
I would love to look into "How can I help my older son with his studies ?"
He is 19, a music student in a conservatoire superieur in Sitzerland for the second year in a row. He seems to be having a hard time being abroad and not being able to come back often during the year (during semester breaks and vacations he often has orchestras to attend so he does not get to come home very often)
I know his energy was very low on the first semester, and he missed a few classes. He is better now but I hope he will not have to pay the price for that. Any insight on that front would be helpful ! thanks :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 » 15 Feb 2018, 01:50

I take it back!
Many cards! So many cards!

But well, let us begin:
Past: Popess (Inv)
Present: World (Inv)
Future: Temperance

I'll go quickly over how I pulled the cards:
For the Popess I drew a solution card (Empress) and according to the supplementary rules, a card can be placed left of it to gain insight on mentality ofr the character. The Fool drawn (Inv), solution card: The Hanged Man. Regard for the Fool: The Hermit and for that one, the Emperor (Inv) -I stopped here, more on that later.
The World: solution card: Judgement- according to supplementary rules, a card can be placed right, so I drew Wheel of Fortune, again, you can place a card on the crank side->The Pope and through regard I drew Strenght and the Juggler.
Temperance didn't pull any cards

Now, for the past card. I find interesting that 2 complementary, yet opposite cards were drawn that way: The Popess, silent, solemn and wise draws out the Empress, imponent, assertive and above all, a mother. A worried mother for what I see. The Fool takes on his journey (one of sacrifices-XII) to find (VIIII) recognition and autority (IIII). Here I should draw another card for the inverted Emperor, but I feel that such a card would be ment for your son more than for you...
The present: quite literally, the World upside-down. The Empress and The Popess (you as a mother and you as a woman) saw something like this coming from long ago. Present's solution card -Judgement - does offer some insight: raise hope. Turn things around (X) by guiding (V), helping him conquer his fears (XI) and aknowledge own skill (I).
In the future, it is all about finding proper balance between letting go and protecting.
Be supportive and always lend an ear for him.

Well, this was my reading, I hope you find it helpful :thumbup:
I you have follow up-questions let me know.

If I may, as someone who also lives away from his family because of studies: sometimes being away from our loved ones and our confort zone puts us at odds with ourselves. No amout of friends and scolar activities will ever fill the emptyness left by not seeing our family. In those moments, specially when starting, it is easy for "uneasy" thoughts to start creeping in on you. Am I good enough for this? Do I deserve this oportunity? Is this what I really want?
Make sure that those pesky thoughts don't start plaguing. Once they settle in you need a shotgun to chase them out! And they are both draining and depressing to have around. :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “02 February 2018 Marseille RC”