0 - Fool-Child

Moderator: theFeeLion

CharlotteK
Global Moderator

0 - Fool-Child

Post by CharlotteK » 03 Jan 2018, 08:11

First impressions

The first thing I see looking at this card is the enormous eyes in the top right hand corner belonging to a battered doll's head, which has damaged cheeks and nose and also bears a gash to it's forehead. They are wide, child-like eyes and look out to the right of the card perhaps as if scared about what comes next or maybe just out of innocent wonder.

The second thing I see is the foetus in the womb crowned by red gerbera flowers. I can see the developing foetus' eyes, heart and brain though it cannot yet see, feel or think for itself as a functioning person.

Somewhere between the womb and the flowers a person is in the process of falling and if we follow their trajectory they will fall into a group of arms / hands reaching up out of the bottom of the card. Is the foetus falling towards the arms too? What are the arms reaching for, anything? Are they waiting to catch what might fall? Or are they signalling a presence, waving for attention? It reminds me a little of a charismatic church where people lift their hands up to god, to receive his spirit and blessing.

Other features on the card I can see are an orchid on the right with an emu's head in front of it, the combination of which looks strangely like a mandrill at a quick glance. But the orchid also has a strongly sexual organ association to it, connecting with the new life growing in the womb. Orchids can be very rare, and need particular conditions in which to grow and thrive.

Also featured are toucans and a parrott and yellow owl eyes peer through the sea of hands. A man in a white coat appears to be climbing up from a cliff face, is he a doctor, or a scientist?

Lights in the background are suggestive of whales, moonlight reflected on the sea and fireworks.
Last edited by CharlotteK on 03 Jan 2018, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

2dogs
Global Moderator

Re: 0 - Fool-Child

Post by 2dogs » 03 Jan 2018, 09:15

There is so much in the image. The man in the white outfit for some reason reminds me of Peter Sellers and the series of lights in the sky look like time lapse images taken on different days of a planet in retrograde motion.
If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on creation thus, I should have recommended something simpler. Alfonso X (the Wise)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Voyager Study Group”