Important Poll

katrinka

Re: Important Poll

Post by katrinka »

You're going to lose people if you put 'pagan' in the byline.

I've hung out at a lot of boards over the years. The ones that don't tout any particular religion have better content, they have knowledgeable readers.
The pagan boards generally have "Divination" as a subforum, and it's full of people talking about what decks they have, how "powerful" they are, how they "cleanse" them, what crystals they keep with them. But no evidence that any of these people actually know how to read them. I don't know why this is, since pagans exist who can read cards, etc., but they're not at those boards. And those boards are the pits.

These days, when I'm looking for a forum if I see 'pagan' I just keep looking. I doubt I'm the only one.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I like Michael's most recent version.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I like Michael's too and agree it would be wise not to pick out pagan or any other specific belief systems that will end up limiting the appeal to a particular group or groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
katrinka

Post by katrinka »

Yes, Michael's is good. I like that one. :icon_e_smile:

Reading isn't intrinsically religious or spiritual anyway. It can be, but so can anything else. If you contemplate spiritual things or chant mantras when you mop, mopping is spiritual. If you pick up the cards and do a quick throw to see if your parcel will arrive on time, that's mundane, day-to-day stuff.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Well the important thing is that we make a list of what we want the description to be so a poll can be put up and have ppl vote. I removed pagan. And it is in the list thread ALL BY ITSELF nudge nudge wink wink.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

search bots

Post by Jo Ann »

I have about half of the search bot list activated and in all this time only 5 showed up and two became regs, the other 3 never came back.
I activated yahoo. hate yahoo, cuz they are yahoos.

will look for a seo modification.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links