Important Poll

Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Important Poll

Post by Serpentwand »

It's not at all easy to get all the words one would like into a neat sentence :icon_e_confused: .

Eclectic Tarot - discover the magic of tarot, oracles and other forms of divination in our free forum!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

How do yinz like The Universal Tarot Forum as first part of the header?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 10:27 How do yinz like The Universal Tarot Forum as first part of the header?
I like it. Better than cosmic... :icon_rolleyes: :icon_e_biggrin: But i think it needs to say Eclectic somewhere in the header or it doesn't come up in search.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

well some are on here already. I know a few.I know of one in coven the rest are solitary. wicca isn't like people thought it was in the old times. the US gov. recognizes Wicca, because there are plenty in the armed forces that have died, and now have the pentical on the tombstones because its a sanctioned religion.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Eclectic Tarot, the free esoteric forum for tarot, oracles, pagans, rituals, spells, other forms of divination, spiritual paths, and magical discoveries!
I thought i had esoteric in that line before. but guess. funny, even looked it up to be sure my definition met the true definition.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
katrinka

Post by katrinka »

Jo Ann wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 23:07 well some are on here already. I know a few.I know of one in coven the rest are solitary. wicca isn't like people thought it was in the old times. the US gov. recognizes Wicca, because there are plenty in the armed forces that have died, and now have the pentical on the tombstones because its a sanctioned religion.
Well yes, it's recognized. But why promote a religion on a card reading forum? And why that one? The Thoth is from the perspective of Thelema. The RWS has a strong Gnostic Christian flavor. The Marseilles comes from Catholic France. Italian Tarots, also Catholic. Nobody's saying to put "Catholic", "Thelemic", or "Gnostic" in the tagline. Why Wicca, which, while recognized, is irrelevant to reading cards? Why put any religion, for that matter?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I agree with Katrinka about not bringing any religion into it. If we must, I'd be ok with "spirituality" since we do have a couple of sub forums that go into belief systems.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

katrinka wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 01:32
Jo Ann wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 23:07 well some are on here already. I know a few.I know of one in coven the rest are solitary. wicca isn't like people thought it was in the old times. the US gov. recognizes Wicca, because there are plenty in the armed forces that have died, and now have the pentical on the tombstones because its a sanctioned religion.
Well yes, it's recognized. But why promote a religion on a card reading forum? And why that one? The Thoth is from the perspective of Thelema. The RWS has a strong Gnostic Christian flavor. The Marseilles comes from Catholic France. Italian Tarots, also Catholic. Nobody's saying to put "Catholic", "Thelemic", or "Gnostic" in the tagline. Why Wicca, which, while recognized, is irrelevant to reading cards? Why put any religion, for that matter?
I'm very much with Katrinka on this one. I'm not pagan or wiccan. If anything I'm buddhist. Readers and students of Tarot and cartomancy come in a range of religious and non religious flavours. I doubt I would choose to hang out in forum that seemed to be targeting wiccans and pgans specifically because I wouldn't see it as being for me. Best not to mention any belief system and leave it open.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

katrinka wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 01:32
Well yes, it's recognized. But why promote a religion on a card reading forum? And why that one? The Thoth is from the perspective of Thelema. The RWS has a strong Gnostic Christian flavor. The Marseilles comes from Catholic France. Italian Tarots, also Catholic. Nobody's saying to put "Catholic", "Thelemic", or "Gnostic" in the tagline. Why Wicca, which, while recognized, is irrelevant t9o reading cards? Why put any religion, for that matter?
I agree to this. Even though "the Catholic Tarot forum" would be quite funny. :64(39):

We should really only have umbrella terms in the header. As soon as we name anything specific, we will indeed have to name other things that belong into the same category as well.

Also, while we touch on all kinds of spiritual systems, our focus here is on methods of divination, not generally on religion.

Wishing to cover all the different kinds of divination made me think of the word "universal". How about Eclectic Tarot - The Universal Forum for Tarot, Oracles and Other Forms of Divination"?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

well i want a list so we can put them on the poll. wiccan doesn't have to be there pagan can cover it. But i was working toward some more descriptive words to go in the description. apparently, the bots aren't doing their job if people are having a hard time finding us.

its all in the descriptive words. I wonder how many Catholics we would get if we put it in the description? :icon_e_biggrin:

And also we don't want to be just cards we want there to be all types of divination and practices as long as we can say no animals or humans were hurt in the making of this forum. :clap:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links