list you descriptions here!!!!

Jo Ann
Founder

list you descriptions here!!!!

Post by Jo Ann »

here's mine. and you can submit as many as you want. This is so the search engines can use them.

Eclectic Tarot, the free esoteric forum for tarot, oracles, rituals, spells, other forms of divination, spiritual paths, and magical discoveries!

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: list you descriptions here!!!!

Post by Jo Ann »

I want just the description sentences listed here so they are easier to see. So i can put up the poll for people to vote. This is a perk for me as founder/owner of the forum, I can do those things without impunity.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

See part in bold :)
Michael Sternbach wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 07:29
katrinka wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 01:32
Jo Ann wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 23:07 well some are on here already. I know a few.I know of one in coven the rest are solitary. wicca isn't like people thought it was in the old times. the US gov. recognizes Wicca, because there are plenty in the armed forces that have died, and now have the pentical on the tombstones because its a sanctioned religion.
Well yes, it's recognized. But why promote a religion on a card reading forum? And why that one? The Thoth is from the perspective of Thelema. The RWS has a strong Gnostic Christian flavor. The Marseilles comes from Catholic France. Italian Tarots, also Catholic. Nobody's saying to put "Catholic", "Thelemic", or "Gnostic" in the tagline. Why Wicca, which, while recognized, is irrelevant t9o reading cards? Why put any religion, for that matter?
I agree to this. Even though "the Catholic Tarot forum" would be quite funny. :64(39):

We should really only have umbrella terms in the header. As soon as we name anything specific, we will indeed have to name other things that belong into the same category as well.

Also, while we touch on all kinds of spiritual systems, our focus here is on methods of divination, not generally on religion.

Wishing to cover all the different kinds of divination made me think of the word "universal".

How about Eclectic Tarot - The Universal Forum for Tarot, Oracles and Other Forms of Divination"?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
katrinka

Post by katrinka »

Better still. That says it all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Also suggest whatever is decided upon is the mirrored on Tapatalk instead of the current descriptor (attached) as this would make it more consistent.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

here is Michael's decscription:

Eclectic Tarot - The Universal Forum for Tarot, Oracles and Other Forms of Divination

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

oK how about this:

Eclectic Tarot - The Universal Forum for Tarot, Oracles, Other Forms of Divination and Magickal Discoveries!

I really liked the suggestion of magickal discoveries. And these days we need a touch of the whimsy with that antichrist as president right now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
fractalgranny

Post by fractalgranny »

Hi there - once again, can I suggest that we use easy-to-understand subject lines in all the forums? I always look at the "New Topics" list when I check into this forum, and it looks weird and messy when a subject line looks like this, and, to be honest, when it's obvious that such a subject line comes from the forum owner. It does not make me want to boast of this forum. When I first came here, I immediately looked at the "New Posts" feature because I felt that was the best way to see how active this forum is. This is what it looks like

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

well this thread is for people to list their ideas for description not for anything else. but alas, the other thread seems to have moved here. So if one doesn't have a description list or statement, one should be in the other thread.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links