#2 January 2018 Weekly Objective Questions Week One

Monthly Fun Learning Objective for you cards and other areas of esotericness!
Jo Ann
Founder

#2 January 2018 Weekly Objective Questions Week One

Post by Jo Ann »

The first objective (using Ethony's list) for Jan 7-13 Week One

What was your first real impact when you were introduced to tarot?

Hope to see your answers by the 13th!

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: #2 January 2018 Weekly Objective Questions

Post by Jo Ann »

It didn't have any impact on me. Neither did my first oracle. The deck was given to me for making a website for someone who gave readings. It was a unicorn deck with yellow background on the box. the cards did nothing.

Then about 4 years ago, while camping, my sister and i was going thru my oracle deck, the goddess deck?, and made a bet to learn the tarot by May 2015. So along comes maybe January of 2015 and I thought i better look for a deck and remembered someone had given me the original guilded deck by Cirro. So started to try to learn, found AT which was great, and realize, i was not going to remember what they mean. I still can't tell you exactly what each maj arcana stands for rws wise.

The wow moment was when i realized the decks (oracle as well) spoke to me artistically or some other way. Except for the ones that are in my collection, if i can't click with a deck it has to go.

And I do love russian decks. I have several on my wish list. But my favorite is the black tarot (Черное Таро) by a guy with H.H. as initials. what i need for russian decks is to get a russian keyboard.XI isn't who she may appear to be.

One of my all time favorite deck. here are some pix and see if you can guess the cards.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I love those cards. They're so sexy and creepy all at the same time.

I don't really remember what my first exposure to tarot was but it was kind of in the air when I was a teenager in the early 90s (I only started really reading more recently though). I had gotten a couple of readings here and there but what left a lasting impression on me was when I was having a problem and a much older co-worker offered to do my cards. There were 3 things that impressed my (from least to most) 1) how much better a reader she was than what I'd experienced 2) she was using playing cards, which blew my mind and 3) just how freaking confident and on top of things she was. She had this hidden skill that she whipped out at a moment's notice when it was relevant but you'd never know it the rest of the time.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

when i was 20 a gypsy told me i had to learn the cards and read for people because they needed me too. well that blew my mind cuz tarot cards where evil and gypsies where pretty good at telling the future. Didn't start to read until i became 62.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Just in time to be here when we all needed you. Thanks, Jo Ann. :have_a_nice_day:
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Well i am sure as hell glad yinz came! :64(20):

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Re: #2 January 2018 Weekly Objective Questions Week One

Post by Belinda2 »

well it seems that I went ahead and did the one for next week, we are talking about impressions here, well Tarot did not give me a big impesstion. I got more interested once I started going and getting readings.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Tarot made a huge impression on me when a friend gave me a wonderful reading some windy day in the summer of 1983 ;-) but for years, I dared not touch the cards myself. I was sure I don't have the intuition, the self confidence. It was one of the "others can do that, I can't"-things in my life. But I never forgot the cards and more than a decade later, I bought my first tarot book (it was on the cheap heap so I had to rescue it, didn't I?) and then my beloved Thoth deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yes, of course you had to rescue it. I have so many different books here, but if we take them to the recycling place they will be burnt and i can't let that happen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links