#5 January 29 -February 5

Monthly Fun Learning Objective for you cards and other areas of esotericness!
Barleywine

Re: #5 January 29 -February 5

Post by Barleywine »

Thoth, Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus, and the Albano-Waite RWS for me, but the Thoth is far ahead.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Barleywine wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 19:49 the Albano-Waite RWS for me
:oho: - WOW!

I don't know if I've ever come across anybody who admitted to favoring the Albano! Tell me more, please. Why that one? I'm intrigued. I've always been strangely drawn to it, but have yet to pull the trigger.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

Charlie Brown wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 20:17
Barleywine wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 19:49 the Albano-Waite RWS for me
:oho: - WOW!

I don't know if I've ever come across anybody who admitted to favoring the Albano! Tell me more, please. Why that one? I'm intrigued. I've always been strangely drawn to it, but have yet to pull the trigger.
I first learned about it from Richard, another member on AT whose opinion I respected highly. He called it "the mighty Albano-Waite," at least until he discovered the RWS Centennial Edition. I have graphic arts training, and I love the way the colors "pop," even if I am aware that the current edition doesn't hold a candle to the 1968 original; I'm also not sure whether the deck accurately adopts the Golden Dawn's "flashing colors." I find it to be a superior reading deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i totally agree with what you say about the albano waite’s bold colors.

that red lion really does it for me and the wands’ skies too are exhilarating. plus that white card back is classy somehow.

my friend has an old deck (not sure if it’s ‘68 however) as well as 3-4 more RWS and it really stands out as the most visually arresting. it’s great for readings.

i didn’t know the deck came out in 1968. it could be they were going to a sixties pop art vibe, like peter max or warhol maybe. so glad they did.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

i always read it as albino white. this post just made me realize that is not the name of the deck. sheese.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

lmao! yeah spellcheck changes it to “albino” all the time so maybe that’s it too. :icon_e_biggrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

you are probably right, i never thought of that. Because seeing the right name was totally unrecognizable.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links