The Ideas for making our tarot deck

Arcange

Re: Jan 16 2018

Post by Arcange »

Oh yes, great idea. I can draw anything. It’s my job.
Though there are a few cards I’d choose first, I like the lottery idea. Me thinks there is a reason a card comes to us.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

that's what i thought, why do something you are familiar and personal when there is a chance to learn about yourself, life, or universal.

I want to make a gallery for cards or other art by the membership.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I so happy that sign up is moving right along. If you all are other forums too, let friends their know about our making a deck and encourage to register. That will definitely help out the deck!!!

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

What is the deadline on this project?

For me it is all about time and when I get it or if I want to give it.

Also, it is not that I want to do certain cards, but I think some cards might not be suited for me to do at all or would not peak my interest. And as I would be doing the artwork myself that could take as little as 30 to 480 minutes to days if the perfectionist in me triumphs over creativity.

Not sure if the Picasso, Monet, Davinci, or Giga in me would be eager to come out or continue to play hide and seek.

And how distorted can our artwork be or does it have to be in line with RW or Thoth? Symbolism? Light or dark?
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

as long as it stays within the theme we come up with, it can be anything. it can be done with mud, photos what ever. I am afraid that at this moment lottery is the only way to handle it because there will be probably numerous cards a lot of people want to do, that will mean no deck. At least no deck with 78 different cards.

If you feel you may not be able to do a card that you did pick. You can still sign up for one, but decline it or trade it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BrightEye

Post by BrightEye »

Just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to this. I think the best way to distribute cards is the lottery system for reasons others have already outlined. And we should have deadlines. Any self-respecting project has deadlines.

My question: do we do our own scanning? That would be fine with me. For the card size given, I would want to draw a slightly bigger original. Condensing a slightly bigger image into the format given in the first post will make it look nicer when printed. At least, that's what I've found with my own work.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I think it would be better for one person to scan with one set of pixels sizes. That way, the cards will all be the same size. because if we do go forward to print the decks as cards, then they will only be resized twice. cuz i am sure when the printer prints the cards they would resize it.

We have to discuss the logistics of of place on earth these cards will have to go to. cuz it would be easier to get the printed say here, in the use, OZ or NZ, Israel, England. But this part is way down the rode so it can wait.

I will set a deadline for signing up. In the meantime yinz all can practice by making the card you want.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 »

I really like this idea
As someone who prints and cuts his own decks, making an entire deck from scratch seems like a good idea. Can't wait to see how many styles come out.

I think you need to set out the scanning presets too, 300 ppp is normally more than enough for quality printing.
If the images arrive at different sizes, they can allways be resized by computer. Some batch-processing software will do the trick

Is sign up here or in other thread? :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yes, its the second thread when you enter the card forum part.

yeah. 300. I keep thinking everyone is into graphic software like I am and would know that for a printout 300 is best.

I am hoping that everyone can make it the scan in size accurate.

i didn't know you did your own decks and did you say you print them out and get them printed for you?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 »

Jo Ann wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 11:47 yes, its the second thread when you enter the card forum part.

yeah. 300. I keep thinking everyone is into graphic software like I am and would know that for a printout 300 is best.

I am hoping that everyone can make it the scan in size accurate.

i didn't know you did your own decks and did you say you print them out and get them printed for you?
I detail the procces HERE
I rarely use mass produced decks (not that there's anything wrong with them, I do have a few), but I really like the process

I used to print in photo paper, but it bends horribly, so I opted to go to a printing bussiness that uses laser printers and can print in 300g paper...
In fact I just printed an Oswald Wirth and a RWS deck...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links