The Ideas for making our tarot deck

Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Jan 16 2018

Post by Jo Ann »

too bad you couldn't do rope doll tarot for me. lol. The deck is from Korea, an artist on deviant art. the shipping and deck is about 75 usd. way too much for me. my avatar is the rope doll 3oC.

the Eclectic Tarot Forum does not condone making cards of someone else's design unless it is approved by the artist.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Charlie Brown wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 13:46 Charlie Brown 1.

I may be able to do more but can commit to one.

I'm correct that they can be digitally constructed right? I don't have to physically make the card like it talks about in the other thread.
(for jo ann)

i have this same question too.... ^^^

also, you may want to edit the first or second post on this thread to reflect your new amended guidelines for the deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yes. It most certainly can be totally digital. A collage, anything within the theme, except anything offensive to any normal person. (that is a wide stretch there) :icon_mrgreen:

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Re: the whole Concept and stuff

Post by kyan »

oh good! i was worried there for a minute. thought perhaps i’d have to print out an 8.5” x 5” copy and send it via snail mail to be scanned...which would totally degrade the pixels, i’m sure! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

somebody had mentioned the AT collaborative decks, but i haven’t been able to find any info on those save for a sign up thread on the old forum.

have any of you taken part in the creation of those decks? i was never a member of that forum, so this is all new to me. is there a post that showed the finished artwork or printed decks? i would LOVE to see them!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

regarding offensiveness and the wide stretch —— if i get The Star card, i’m gonna do a topless male figure just so i can get around the nudity clause. :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

the star is excluded. Cuz at my age, i don't want to see any young bare chested men. But now that i think about it, don't want to see any old ones either. LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Jo Ann wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 04:10 the star is excluded. Cuz at my age, i don't want to see any young bare chested men. But now that i think about it, don't want to see any old ones either. LOL
LOL!! i hear you. because old bare chested men are sometimes mistaken for hairy old women! :icon_lol:

oh please.... “at my age”... i peeped your profile and you’re so not that old. because if you are, that means i am not far behind... :icon_e_surprised:

btw, i posted a practice card in the deck creation thread, and there’s not a nipple in sight. :icon_razz:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Oh good! I am glad to hear it. LOL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

I had an idea. It's clear that some people want to do a certain card or cards. Maybe they could choose and then if there are more than one person who wants that card a lottery among them could be done.

There are a few cards I'd like to do but it doesn't really matter to me.

Also I was wondering if it's important to have some type of visual unity with the minors, for example choosing a color scheme for a suit of minors.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Arcange wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:38 Also I was wondering if it's important to have some type of visual unity with the minors, for example choosing a color scheme for a suit of minors.
If we're eclectic tarot, shouldn't it be an eclectic deck?
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links