The Ideas for making our tarot deck

Arcange

Re: the whole Concept and stuff

Post by Arcange »

Charlie Brown wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 03:21
Arcange wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:38 Also I was wondering if it's important to have some type of visual unity with the minors, for example choosing a color scheme for a suit of minors.
If we're eclectic tarot, shouldn't it be an eclectic deck?
That makes great sense.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

eclectic doesn't mean that there is nothing to tie the pieces together. I just that the cards are going to so different from each other. that a unifying color for each suit will just make it a little easier. Say for instance blue for cups, that blues can be there the color of the card test, or a border or a background. the shades would be different. each suit basically has its own color at time, and their elements are the same.

the thing is, its a tarot deck subjected to elements and other symbols. but you don't have to if you don't want to. just wanted a little bit of coherence.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SEELE-01

Post by SEELE-01 »

Arcange wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:38 I had an idea. It's clear that some people want to do a certain card or cards. Maybe they could choose and then if there are more than one person who wants that card a lottery among them could be done.
I think all-out random should be done from start...
Let's say, lottery the major arcana evenly between participants so that every person can at least do one (given sufficient cards)
The minor arcana should follow a similar pattern, at least for the court cards (one for each person, again, given sufficient cards)
The pips then should be given at random...
If someone ends up with a card they couldn't draw, they should be able to trade it with someone else, but only after all cards have been sorted...
Arcange wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:38Also I was wondering if it's important to have some type of visual unity with the minors, for example choosing a color scheme for a suit of minors.
If not for the entire suit, for the court cards at least, no?
Also, will we use the traditional Page-Knight-Queen-King set? Some decks swap the Page and Knight for a Prince and Princess or draw the page as a young woman to keep the genders in the court cards balanced...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i wouldn’t mind color guidelines but do envision an eclectic and varied deck, like a crazy quilt or patchwork of images.

i like seele-01’s idea of letting everyone have a chance at a major arcana card but if there’s more than 22 people signed up that will be difficult. but i for one don’t necessarily need to do a major card.

that said— it doesn’t seem like there’s enough interest with people signing up... is there usually a mad rush at the end when the deadline nears?

i noticed that old AT forum did a few (5?) sets of collaborative cards. has anyone had experience with those decks? are the finished decks available for viewing somewhere? i couldn’t find anything about them other than a sign up thread for deck 5, on the archived forum.

i’m asking because i’m new to tarot and this thread was the first time i heard of a collaborative deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh wait — i just found this link:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/co ... tive.shtml

there are many listed so i’m not sure which ones are the forum collab decks but i imagine they’re the “78” decks... ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I thought eacg suit can have a color red-wand blue=swords cups_ gold earth- green you can incorporate the colors any way you like.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
WaterSong

Post by WaterSong »

I would like to try this ...it sounds fun and interesting.
I have not painted in a long long time so I truly don;t know what I will come up with....but it is worth the try!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Yea, you are back!!!!! did you sign up?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Carojulie

Post by Carojulie »

Jo Ann wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 14:48 I thought eacg suit can have a color red-wand blue=swords cups_ gold earth- green you can incorporate the colors any way you like.
Hello,

I am surprised by gold for cups ? It does not resonate with me "at first sight", neither with the element water, nor with the emotions / heart / inspiration associations....

I would personaly see the cups either blue or turquoise (water), or maybe pink (heart chakra) ?

But if someone explains the gold association to me I might start to see things differently !

Thanks !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

i was thinking more along the line of the cups being gold. but in the end its up to you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links