Treasured Deck Discussion

Search for those Decks we just have to have!

Moderator: Jo Ann

Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Treasured Deck Discussion

Post by Jo Ann »

It's real expensive to ship to Israel.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Canid wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 16:20
Mageshifter wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 08:30 Oh!
I have a few decks like that. I really want them but they are either not shipped into Israel or very rare..
I am talking here about:
Madam Endora fortune cards
Dragon Age tarot (as a fan of the game I really need it)
Why is that? So, someone couldn’t be able to snailmail you one?
I am trying to work out that thing. It may happen the next two months.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Jo Ann wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 19:08 It's real expensive to ship to Israel.
I know. That's part of the problem. And sadly I have no family in US.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Mageshifter wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 12:26
Jo Ann wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 19:08 It's real expensive to ship to Israel.
I know. That's part of the problem. And sadly I have no family in US.
Holy Cow! I just got a quote from FedEx, just for fun. Oi.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

i send usps and its 25 -35 dollars. abit cheaper to western and eastern Europe.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Canid wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 00:11 Years ago, someone gave me a Buckland Romani, missing two cards. Me, being a graphic designer, replaced those two cards. An expert would be pard-pressed to find them. Then someone else gave me the companion book, yay!, which seriously needed rebinding. Well, guess what I did? Yup, rebound it. Perfect. I wouldn’t feel comfortable selling or trading it, it would be unethical, so it’s for my own personal use & I love that deck!
replacing the cards as exactly as they are and rebinding the book, will probably increase their value actually. as long as you tell them. just don't tell them what the two cards are until after they looked thru the deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Wolfy James

Post by Wolfy James »

I'm trying to find the major only Moody Lane Tarot by Blue Fusion, his username on ATF.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

kyan wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:01 tarot as an investment... who knew?

but what the heck with some of the prices! i saw an old hand colored european deck (missing a few cards) from the 1800s going for $1200, but a deck from 1997 going for just as much? the greenwood tarot, i think it’s called.

i wonder why they just don’t reprint it already. copyright issues? if the demand is that high for out of print decks surely a reprint, even if limited, would be a huge success.
I don’t know about others, but for instance with Granny Jones, no family members can be found, to discuss reprinting it. Yeah, that’s a copyright issue.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Canid wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 15:41
kyan wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 22:01 tarot as an investment... who knew?

but what the heck with some of the prices! i saw an old hand colored european deck (missing a few cards) from the 1800s going for $1200, but a deck from 1997 going for just as much? the greenwood tarot, i think it’s called.

i wonder why they just don’t reprint it already. copyright issues? if the demand is that high for out of print decks surely a reprint, even if limited, would be a huge success.
I don’t know about others, but for instance with Granny Jones, no family members can be found, to discuss reprinting it. Yeah, that’s a copyright issue.
hmmm, maybe there are no relatives. i’m surprised there aren’t any decent bootlegs of the deck being offered.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

I made my own yrs ago. A kind Aussie sent me all the images on a CD & being the graphic designer that I am, I recreated it to perfection. Well, maybe not so perfect, I made a mistake in my choice of cardstock. Glueing front to back made them a bit too thick & difficult to shuffle because of it. What a time consuming job that is! It’s not difficult, the hardest part is lining up the fronts with the backs before gluing; I should have created a template to print them front & back but have you ever tried to line things up perfectly so when you flipped the paper over & refed it into your printer, it all lined up? BIGGER job. Then finish with several very light coats of Krylon acrylic spray.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links