During a tarot reading do you let the client touch your cards?

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Belinda2

During a tarot reading do you let the client touch your cards?

Post by Belinda2 »

I went to have a reading by a new ( never been to her before) person and the first thing she said to me was don't touch her cards.

I have been to readers who don't ask me to shuffle and they just handle of the deck them self but they never out right told me don't touch my cards.

At one point with this lady I went to point to two of the cards ( not touching them) and she told me once again not to touch her cards and I explained I was not touching them just pointing at them

I thought this was pretty strange she is worried that my Energy would get in the cards corrupting them.
You just need to clean the cards with salts or sage.

Have you have that experience when having a reading done or have you yourself as a reader don't let others touch your cards and why ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Re: During a tarot reading do you let the client touch your cards?

Post by Barleywine »

No, I require my clients to touch the cards, If they're squeamish about shuffling (I haven't met such a person so far) I will just have them cut. I believe the ordering of the cards for the reading is the client's prerogative, not mine.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I let people handle my cards, and I never understood why that should be a bad thing. They're just cards, symbols of archetypes. The real thing lives within - you, me, and everyone else. And energy is there to be shared. Every tarot reading is an exchange of energies, that's what makes it powerful.

But if a reader feels better that way - that's their right. As querent, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with a reader who sees my hands as corrupting influence :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i tend to agree with nemia...

it sounds a bit odd to be so adamant about it. it's like stuart on MADtv in the new babysitter sketch.. "don't touch meeeEEEEE!!!!" :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

i've never encountered a reader that was so quirky about others handling their cards. almost all request that i cut the deck myself.. and a few fanned them out and had me pick each one. maybe your reader had a cold and didn't want to give it to you? or maybe she had just gotten the cards and was going through some sort of special breaking in process or card initiation. who knows.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well at the place where I got the reading you have several minutes to Bow out if you thought there was no connection with the reader. Well I should have left when the first thing out of her mouth was that I am not to touch her cards.
I ended up discussing a difficult situation I am in, she did use two decks ( which was cool). But at the end she pull out three cards from her angel oracle deck, trying to confirm her reading but of course all the cards she pulled were Positive (I bet all of the cards are positive in that deck).
We were talking about another subject ,
And when she pulled the cards she says that the cards were referring back to my initial question ( even though I was done hearing about it).
Do you find as a reader that some times the cards have a mind of there own and do not answer the question asked but something else?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

I let people touch my cards if they want to. I offer them to the sitter to shuffle if they want to, but it's not mandatory.

I don't sage or otherwise "cleanse" my cards, either. The Higher Power in the universe is way stronger than any evil, spiritually clingy bits around. I'm just not worried about there being any possibility that whatever lingers after another person touches my cards could have a negative effect on the cards themselves---or me---or the sitter. If I did believe in those spiritual nasties, I wouldn't be able to sit on a bus seat, eat at a restaurant, touch a doorknob----or anything else for that matter----because there would have been someone evil who sat there/ate there/opened that door, ad infinitum. I just can't be saging or throwing salt on everything I come in contact with. :icon_e_smile:

It's my belief that we attract what we fear or the negatives we allow ourselves to be preoccupied with. I just don't choose to fear things anymore (well, flying. But I don't fear it if I don't do it. I did it once so I don't need to do it again.) I've had a much more mentally and spiritually healthy life since I stopped feeling I had to fend off negative energy everywhere.

That's not to say that others who choose to believe in the need to cleanse decks are wrong. This is just my own belief system and I'm sharing it in case there's someone else who might share my feelings so they won't feel the odd one out. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Belinda2 wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 18:25 Well at the place where I got the reading you have several minutes to Bow out if you thought there was no connection with the reader. Well I should have left when the first thing out of her mouth was that I am not to touch her cards. ...
wow that’s interesting about the policy of bowing out. is that common? i’ve never heard of that before.

lol on the angel cards, it would have been heee-larious if she said, “okay, THESE you can touch. go ahead, touch em!” :icon_lol:

i do like the idea of a reading with supplemental cards or divination. i think it would be cool to combine a tarot reading with charm casting, or even start the session with a little i ching poem. something entirely different. no cards, but a 3D approach.

hopefully your next reading is a little more relaxed... it pays to shop around, i suppose.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

grizabella LOL ... imagine carrying bags of a salt to fling around wherever we go. i’m sure some people really do do that, hahahahaha. what you say about fear and preoccupation is so true. i mean, anyone that’s stayed in a hotel has slept in a bed with spiritual cooties AND actual cooties. which is worse? lol. a motel. :icon_e_biggrin:

however, if you got a certain definite bad vibe from someone or the reading was super ominous, you might want to clear the cards, even if they weren’t touched. nothing drastic, just three knocks with the knuckles, a vocal command to release all negative energy, and then a cleansing shuffle.

whatever it takes to make you feel good.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I was looking thru some paperwork and I found that my niece have given me a gift certificate two years ago for the same place, of course their rates when up since than so I will have to put a little money on top of it but not much.
There is another reader who asked while I was waiting for the other lady as if I was waiting for her and I was not. She seemed nice but she is in to Spirit guides but maybe.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

yay spirit guides! why but maybe? it sounds like at might be a fun reading.

i have three guides — my parking goddesses — that are with me all the time. i lived in the the bay area and parking in san francisco was never a problem. even in chinatown we would find parking in front of our destination. it was so trippy! even north beach, which is nearly impossible. i always praise and thank the goddesses immensely. :icon_cool:

BELIEVE!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links