Readings

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Spider

Readings

Post by Spider »

Hello

Just wondered if anyone is up for exchange readings. I enjoyed the readings I did on AT forum and miss them now AT has gone. I remember reading on some weird, dark and deep subjects. Does this happen on here?

How does the reading circle work?

Spider

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Re: Readings

Post by Joan Marie »

Close to the top of the forum, the 3rd sub-forum is called "Reading Area - All Methods" and i there you will find "Reading Exchanges."

There are some guidelines posted there. If you have any questions, you can ask them there or contact the moderator CharlotteK directly via PM.

Have Fun!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Hello and welcome :wave: . You might be lucky and get someone for a one off exchange but there aren't so many people on here yet with the free time. If you don't get a taker then you'd be very welcome in the monthly reading circles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Spider wrote: 20 Oct 2017, 15:50 Hello

Just wondered if anyone is up for exchange readings. I enjoyed the readings I did on AT forum and miss them now AT has gone. I remember reading on some weird, dark and deep subjects. Does this happen on here?

How does the reading circle work?

Spider
Hi Spider

We have a few active monthly reading circles - Thoth, TdM, Beginners, Dark Decks and Oracles. Some work as an actual circle, some are partner pairings. It depends on the host and numbers.

November sign ups will probably open in all of them in the next week or so. As 2dogs mentions, it's the most reliable way of entering into exchanges at the moment.

There is a subforum in the Reading Area for the Monthly Clubs, with further at forums for each one. If I can help point you in the right direction let me know, and feel free to browse around and get a feel for what do there.

Dark Decks Club isn't necessarily about reading on dark subjects but it is working with decks that have weird, dark, gothic or disturbing imagery so dark or shadow aspects can certainly come up in readings. The Thoth readings can in my experience take a bit of a weird turn sometimes, but maybe that's just me :)

CharlotteK

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Spider

Post by Spider »

Thank you. I am looking around and have noticed the reading circles. If I asked for volunteers, would I get much response?

Speak soon

Spider

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Spider wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 13:48 Thank you. I am looking around and have noticed the reading circles. If I asked for volunteers, would I get much response?

Speak soon

Spider
Hi there. You don't need to do that for the Reading Clubs. You just sign up when the Club Guide invites participants for that month and then they will allocate partners when the sign up closes, usually a week or a couple of weeks later. So all you have to do is post that you want to take part and everything else is done by the Club Guide.

For the Reading Exchanges, yes you would need to offer readings and request sitters. This part of the forum can be a little slow and sometimes it can take a while to get a sitter, although not always. The more members start using this forum the more lively it will get I'm sure.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Spider

Post by Spider »

Thank you!
I shall have a look at the reading circles and put my name down for a couple.
When I have completed the readings I have promised, I shall be looking for volunteers to have a reading, for feedback.
Looking forward to getting started.

Spider

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Spider wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 05:01 Thank you!
I shall have a look at the reading circles and put my name down for a couple.
When I have completed the readings I have promised, I shall be looking for volunteers to have a reading, for feedback.
Looking forward to getting started.

Spider
Please do! New sign ups for the circles are always very welcome. I imagine the November sign ups will open fairly soon. I'll be opening up the Dark Decks sign up middle of next week.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links