My Oldest Son---

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Grizabella

My Oldest Son---

Post by Grizabella »

My oldest son has been helping my youngest son and grandson finish my great-grandson's nursery, but he cut his left ring finger off accidentally yesterday. It was cut right through the closest joint to his hand. He said he really wouldn't have wanted them to anyway. I didn't ask him why not, but it doesn't matter, I guess.

He had been wearing "cut-proof" gloves. So much for those, I guess. I told him to send the pictures of his hand to the company who made the gloves. And it was a new kind of saw he'd never used before. He said he can't remember what happened that caused him to cut the finger off. At any rate, he's now recuperating at home and taking antibiotics. He said it's not as painful as he'd have imagined. But I'm pretty sure it will get more painful once it starts to mend.

Anyway, please send positive and healing thoughts to my son. He's 53 years old, so I'm hoping he'll just heal right up with no complications. When he got chicken pox several years ago as an adult it almost killed him, so his immune system probably could use some help.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Re: My Oldest Son---

Post by kyan »

—— > sending healing vibes his way! <——

...and your way, too! good to hear he’s not too freaked out. i suggest applying colloidal silver to the wound — that stuff works wonders. but still, omg. whatever cut through those gloves must have been mighty powerful.

he really wouldn’t have wanted them to do what, anyway? reattach the digit?

i ask because i watched a friend cut off his fingers on a table saw (i was holding a dustpan to catch the shavings and three fingers fell down the chute) and we acted quickly — while he applied a wrist tourniquet, i tamped the ends of his fingers in sawdust and he raced to the hospital. they were able to reattach two. this was was back in 1977 or so.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

Yes, it was that he didn't want them to re-attach the finger. He said "the doctor couldn't reattach the finger even if I had wanted him to." . It was his middle finger, too. I don't know why I said his ring finger.

He said the saw was a "worm drive" saw. I don't know what those are. He was cutting the angle to put on the door frame on my great-grandson's nursery doorway. My grandson and his wife bought a house but the house burned down and now they're rebuilding, so my oldest son is helping them with it. My oldest son does the most beautiful work with wood and ceramic tile and things like that. My youngest son is good with wood, too. He builds cedar chestsm furniture and things beautifully and he also made my late husband's coffin.

Anyway, thank you so much for the good thoughts and healing energy his way.

Wow, that must have been a real shock to have 3 severed fingers come down the chute. The smaller fingers of Wade's hand were cut up somewhat, but miraculously not cut off. The knuckle was cut right through and the tissues on the end he lost were so mangled that there wasn't even any question of trying to reattach it. All the doctor could do was trim up the bone fragments to give enough skin to stitch across the bone stump. He's taking it pretty well so far, but I think he's most likely sort of still in shock. He'll probably go through the other stages to acceptance in times to come.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

OMG! I just asked Paul (he owns a company, George’s Wood Products) & he said a worm drive saw is a more professional circular saw. Oh, man, that sucks. Prayers for him.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Still in shock? Hayl yeah! I hope he doesn’t get phantom pain, a friend did when her leg was amputated. There’s a mirror treatment for that tho...she said her (non) leg itched constantly, so much that she couldn’t sleep, & all she could do was scratch the sheet.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ooh, i've heard about phantom limb sensations, how strange that must be.

griz, your son sounds like a creative type what with the artful woodworking and tile work, i bet he will take it all in stride one he’s healed. initial shock yes, but also quite a tale to tell (and a conversation starter). plus he can educate younger woodworkers about the dangers of power equipment and also the pitfalls of so-called cut-proof gloves!

i hope the house and your g-g-kid’s nursery gets completed nicely. i suggest a spiritual cleansing of the room or entire house, maybe there’s some weird mojo attached to this accident and the previous fire. seems odd.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

Wade said he already has "ghost pain" when I told him I wonder if he'll have phantom pain in the finger that's gone. I've heard that people can really have a terrible time even years after an amputation so I hope he won't be one of them.

Kyan, you just made me think of something---the area they bought their house in is near a tiny little town where some really bad things have happened over the years. They suspected there was an arsonist there because every so often, something would mysteriously burn down. The grocery store, a church, a school, homes in the area, etc. When Trevor and Andi's house burned, the thought occurred to me that maybe the "arsonist" struck again, but I'm 72 years old and if there was an arsonist there, it seems likely to me that he's pretty old by now. I've never heard of a geriatric arsonist. :icon_lol: But now that you mention it, there could be a spirit arsonist. Have you ever heard of that? The kids had just bought the house---it burned right after they moved in when they weren't home.

Wow, that's a pretty scary thought. I don't know how to raise the subject of having someone do a spiritual cleansing. Maybe I could have someone bless a protective charm they could hang over their door or something. I don't know anybody like that. Maybe I could do it myself and then send it to them as a house-warming present. (House warming---house burned down? Jeez, what a silly thought.)

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Evil arsonist? Nothing surprises me any more. Aww, poor guy. Anyway, mirror therapy is supposed to be very effective, to retrain your brain, basically. You’re very bright, you’ll understand the concept.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ohh... i thought you were nearby and could just charge in with two fistfuls of burning sage and waltz through every room in the house!!

i dunno, perhaps reveal your observations and suggest what you feel. it couldn’t hurt, right? doing a cleansing, i mean. given the past history of the town and the recent events at the site i would think they would welcome any sort of good energy that could help.

also, i wouldn’t discount the old arsonist theory, just because somebody ages it doesn’t mean their sociopathic behavior wanes. it could even get more intense. you hear of older people whose emotions and behavior, often negative, increase as they age. my fil is 88 and he is getting very nasty the older he gets. his verbal outbursts and aggressive behavior is worse now than it was even a few years ago, and he’s become reckless in different aspects of his life. he’s smoking more, for instance.

hopefully your family isn’t dealing with an arsonist. and if so, they’re the type that won’t strike twice in the same place. arsonists are definitely deranged individuals. down in southern california in the 80s there was an arsonist setting fires all over the place, and it turned out to be a fire captain and arson investigator!

yikes! i haven’t heard of spirit arsonists, but i’m sure they exist. i saw a very heavy object hurled down a long hallway by a poltergeist, so i imagine a spirit could strike a match. :icon_e_confused:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh dear Grizabella - my very best wishes to your son and yourself! My step father had a similar accident and it healed very well. He was the same age when it happened. I hope he has good medical care!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links