Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Arcange wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 10:45 My whole life is filled with incidents.

At 20 I was very cute. I walked toward this construction worker who sat behind the wheel in his truck. He was eating me with his eyes. I was eye candy. From the way he was looking at me he was thinking some nasty stuff. I just stared right through him. As I passed his truck, his driver's side window exploded like car glass does. The look on his face was priceless. No idea how the window exploded. The truck was parked.
You're still very cute!

(And if now a window breaks, I will blame it on you.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 22:15
Arcange wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 10:45 My whole life is filled with incidents.

At 20 I was very cute. I walked toward this construction worker who sat behind the wheel in his truck. He was eating me with his eyes. I was eye candy. From the way he was looking at me he was thinking some nasty stuff. I just stared right through him. As I passed his truck, his driver's side window exploded like car glass does. The look on his face was priceless. No idea how the window exploded. The truck was parked.
You're still very cute!

(And if now a window breaks, I will blame it on you.)
LOL :icon_lol: When I was talking with a friend about a man she loved the window imploded. She told me it was him sending a sign to not gossip. Neither of us were phased by it. We just got the broom and swept up the glass.

Yesterday I was transcribing a reading and the lightbulb in th floor lamp exploded. So often when I flip the light switch the light bulb explodes but yesterday made me jump.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Working in a lighting shop would not be a good career choice Arcange :icon_mrgreen: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

With me too, light bulbs survive much shorter than they are supposed to, if the statements of their manufacturers are to be trusted.

And for some time, lamps in my vicinity were frequently flickering. Glad this didn't continue indefinitely, it became a bit unnerving.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
strangebrew

Post by strangebrew »

Shortly after my father passed over, I was taking a shower and crying. I heard him ask me why I was upset and i said that I missed him and was worried about my sister who was dying of cancer at the time and was concerned I wouldn't get to see her as we lived in different countries. He gave me the exact time period she would pass....6 weeks and 3 days .... It was on his birthday

I got to see her and say goodbye

Since then, over 5 years ago, he has been here for me every day

*~*~*~*

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Wow, that is brilliant of your father to make that effort, and really helpful with regard to your sister :icon_e_smile: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Blue Fury

Post by Blue Fury »

I saw my doppelgänger once when I was in my twenties (long long time ago). I was walking home from work with my boyfriend one day when he said ‘that person up ahead looks EXACTLY like you.’

And she did. Of course we could only see her from behind but it was uncanny. She had shoulder length brown hair with a growing out perm, just like me. Same height, wearing the same clothes and court shoes. I was in my work uniform which was a navy pin stripe suit and white blouse (it was the 80’s) so it was very distinctive and not fashionable at all. I also had a large black briefcase style bag. It was warm so I had taken my jacket off and carried it in the crook of one arm and held my bag in the other. She was walking in exactly the same fashion with her identical jacket and bag.

My boyfriend freaked out a bit as we followed her and he said he had to see her face. He sprinted up the road and was just a few yards away when she turned the corner. He got there a few seconds later and she had already vanished. Of course she may have turned into one of the driveways or buildings but he swore she did not have enough time to get inside before he got there.

There probably is a rational explanation but it totally freaked my boyfriend out and it made such a strong impression at the time that I’ve never forgotten it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

2dogs wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 01:49 Working in a lighting shop would not be a good career choice Arcange :icon_mrgreen: .
The past weeks have absorbed me into the stratosphere. I totally missed this.
Lightbulbs and electrocution are are problem for me. Getting eletrocuted was not fun.

It is fun to watch all these uncanny things. As long as I don't look into the mirror at night. That'll raise the hair on the walls.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Blue Fury wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 12:59 I saw my doppelgänger once when I was in my twenties (long long time ago). I was walking home from work with my boyfriend one day when he said ‘that person up ahead looks EXACTLY like you.’

And she did. Of course we could only see her from behind but it was uncanny. She had shoulder length brown hair with a growing out perm, just like me. Same height, wearing the same clothes and court shoes. I was in my work uniform which was a navy pin stripe suit and white blouse (it was the 80’s) so it was very distinctive and not fashionable at all. I also had a large black briefcase style bag. It was warm so I had taken my jacket off and carried it in the crook of one arm and held my bag in the other. She was walking in exactly the same fashion with her identical jacket and bag.

My boyfriend freaked out a bit as we followed her and he said he had to see her face. He sprinted up the road and was just a few yards away when she turned the corner. He got there a few seconds later and she had already vanished. Of course she may have turned into one of the driveways or buildings but he swore she did not have enough time to get inside before he got there.

There probably is a rational explanation but it totally freaked my boyfriend out and it made such a strong impression at the time that I’ve never forgotten it.
That does sound very spooky and supernatural but I wonder what it means? Maybe you should do a Tarot reading or something.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Years ago, I was trying to obtain an Italian passport because I am American and I wanted to move to Europe permanently. To do so I needed to acquire citizenship in the EU somehow. I found out I could do so because of my Italian ancestors but I needed to find and provide a ton of documentation.

I was able to find all but one document, a critical one, my grandfather's birth certificate from the 1880's from a tiny town in Sicily. Though I was determined and had tracked down everything else, this task was proving impossible. Birth records were not kept in those days in these villages. I couldn't even find anyone to speak to about it.

One day at work, a co-worker asked me to fill in for her on a project for a couple of days because she had Jury duty.

As a result, I ended up working with an Italian man who while waiting around for something, I started to tell him about my quest for this document. I was just making small talk. He asked where my grandfather was from. I named the village. He asked me, "Do you have lots of money?" I answered, no. He asked, "Do you have a friend there?" I said no.

Then he said, "You do now." He was from the same province.

He told me to send him my grandfather's name and birth date and his parent's names. Two weeks later, in my mailbox at work, was an official document from this tiny Sicilian village. My grandfather's birth certificate.
It was not an original document. As I said that didn't even exist.
Someone from a government office there had created an official document for me.

I called the man who had made this happen to thank him. He said, "Now you can meet your destiny."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links