Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

Post by DDwarks »

So I guess we've all seen things that defies logic and explanation right?

As a kid, I saw my little cousin slip on a wet floor, legs half way up in front of her but fall forward :32(22): !!!

Don't get me wrong, it was freaking hilarious! But what???? How????
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Was there ever an event in your life that defied explanation?

Post by Serpentwand »

I've seen Mrs 2dogs wish the wheel off a car than nearly ran over a mother and baby on a crossing - the wheel actually came rolling back down the centre white line towards us :32(34): .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DDwarks
Global Moderator

Post by DDwarks »

2dogs wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 10:48 I've seen Mrs 2dogs wish the wheel off a car than nearly ran over a mother and baby on a crossing - the wheel actually came rolling back down the centre white line towards us :32(34): .
WoW! Thats incredible 2dogs! Did she know she could do this?? Did you???
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

DDwarks wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 11:14
2dogs wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 10:48 I've seen Mrs 2dogs wish the wheel off a car than nearly ran over a mother and baby on a crossing - the wheel actually came rolling back down the centre white line towards us :32(34): .
WoW! Thats incredible 2dogs! Did she know she could do this?? Did you???
It was a surprise to me but she was extremely angry. It's not something she's followed up on though, it's very destructive.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Pleiades

Post by Pleiades »

Nice topic.

I hope this one gets lots of posts, I'll enjoy their weirdness!

I saw a colleague cleaning the cafe area floor with the Henry hoover. He was kicking it about and slamming the chairs about angrily, so instead of saying "Hi" left the water cooler and went back down to the office. The receptionist asked if I had seen him this morning and I told her he was upstairs hovering."Well he can't be because he would have had to pass me, and anyway I've just been in the cupboard and the hover is in there". I told her I had literally seen him from the top of the stairs I had just come down. But sure enough, she showed me the hover in the cupboard, and he came around the corner from the other side of the building.

He joked with me every day after that "Hey have you seen me yet?" ,"if you see me say I said Hi", "How am I today?" it was funny.

I left a few months later. Within a year he was dead. :icon_eek: :icon_e_sad:

And then there was the time.......no, too many, too many.
All the stories I have ever heard and am yet to hear are alive in me, all at once, and at all times.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

My whole life is filled with incidents.

At 20 I was very cute. I walked toward this construction worker who sat behind the wheel in his truck. He was eating me with his eyes. I was eye candy. From the way he was looking at me he was thinking some nasty stuff. I just stared right through him. As I passed his truck, his driver's side window exploded like car glass does. The look on his face was priceless. No idea how the window exploded. The truck was parked.

Another time I was talking with a friend about someone who had recently died. There was a lot of drama around inheritance. Bang, the window imploded. My friend said she knew it was his way of telling us to shut up.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

Although not Wiccan, my wife is very much into the Three-fold Law. A couple of times over the years when I was crapped on by bosses and co-workers, she willed upon them their comeuppance, which they eventually got. I didn't know she had done it, so I just thought it was their karma catching up to them with just desserts. At a any rate, it was sweet retribution since I was no longer even thinking about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine »

I was at this birthday party of a christian friend. The friend suddenly asked if anyone had any word from Jesus.
Suddenly, I was prompted to go to this unknown person in the party and tell her to be a social worker.
I was very frightened for I knew nothing about the girl.
But the prompting from Jesus was strong.
So, being the coward that I was, I went to the girl and asked her if she had anything to do with social work.
The girl revealed that she always wanted to be a social worker but had no courage to do so.
I conveyed God's message to her.
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

chongjasmine wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 14:48 I was at this birthday party of a christian friend. The friend suddenly asked if anyone had any word from Jesus.
Suddenly, I was prompted to go to this unknown person in the party and tell her to be a social worker.
I was very frightened for I knew nothing about the girl.
But the prompting from Jesus was strong.
So, being the coward that I was, I went to the girl and asked her if she had anything to do with social work.
The girl revealed that she always wanted to be a social worker but had no courage to do so.
I conveyed God's message to her.
Oh cool, that was very helpful :icon_cool: . Mrs 2dogs got strongly prompted to rush to catch up with someone in a wood and ask them what type their dog was, at which point they gave him to her. He's on the sofa with me now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Alta

Post by Alta »

I was downtown one day, finished and getting ready to go and get the bus home. I had the strongest prompting to go to the little new age shop. I actually argued with myself because I didn’t want to go but I’m a bit used to these promptings so I went. There was just a young girl in there alone but in charge of the shop. While I was standing there and two street people came in and very aggressively started ramming around the shop. I’m not a very timid person and stared them down angrily. After they left the young lady said that she was praying that I would not leave the store and leave her alone with them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links