Time Travel Question

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.

If you Could Time Travel For 1 Day Would You Rather

Poll ended at 26 Sep 2017, 02:30

Travel to the Past
100%
Travel to the Future
No votes

Total votes: 8

Joan Marie

Time Travel Question

Post by Joan Marie »

@onion14@ We've all thought about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Re: Time Travel Question

Post by Serpentwand »

The Past if I could pick the place and day so as to enjoy and learn from it. The Future would be totally random and it could be really horrible to find out what's coming.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

2dogs wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 01:13 The Past if I could pick the place and day so as to enjoy and learn from it. The Future would be totally random and it could be really horrible to find out what's coming.
I feel the same way but what if we are wrong and the future turns out to be really great? DOn't you kind of wonder how things turn out?

I live in a very ancient city and sometimes when I am walking around and see all the people staring into phones, shopping and rushing about, dressed the way people do now, I imagine that the ghosts of the middle ages are mingling in with the crowd and observing them in wonder.

There is a museum here that has a gigantic collection of shoes from all over the world and throughout time. It's amazing. And all the shoes are authentic. And every once in while, for the sake of whimsy, they put a modern shoe in with the ancient ones. And I try to imagine a child from the middle ages if she could see a tiny pair of modern brightly colored shoes with velcro closures and blinking lights in the soles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

I'm not sure I would want to go into the future and find out the last ten years of my life will be a total waste of time, full of ill health issues, or something. Of course, since I would be only visiting the future, I could come back and CHANGE all that (in theory), but who wants to know if their future is less than rosey?
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

tarotbear wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 09:19 I'm not sure I would want to go into the future and find out the last ten years of my life will be a total waste of time, full of ill health issues, or something. Of course, since I would be only visiting the future, I could come back and CHANGE all that (in theory), but who wants to know if their future is less than rosey?
Don't forget to vote in the poll! (top of the thread.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Joan Marie wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 04:07 I live in a very ancient city and sometimes when I am walking around and see all the people staring into phones, shopping and rushing about, dressed the way people do now, I imagine that the ghosts of the middle ages are mingling in with the crowd and observing them in wonder.
That is a good idea. I have walked round our city with a book of hundred year old drawings to see what I could recognise and have a couple of 19th Century books of walks in the area, but haven't thought of it the other way round. I will ponder it when next walking down the Roman road.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

The past! I'm very curious about the past. Not at all concerning the future. it will come anyway and I don't want to rush it. And if I could see a horrible catastrophe before me it would spoil the time left until then! No no, I'd rather meet my grand-grand parents than my grand-grand children!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
celticnoodle

Post by celticnoodle »

I also voted the past. At first I was thinking the Future--but then, like Tarotbear mentioned, I thought, "what if I go into the future and see something that is really hard to live with--such as my health being really bad, or that of my husbands. Or perhaps finding out someone I love very much has passed away!" no thanks. don't want to KNOW any of that!

I wouldn't mind going back into the past though as long as I could do so knowing what I already know what I knew right before traveling back. There are a few things I wouldn't mind having the ability to fix - or prevent. Such as getting rid of things that I so wish I had now today.

But realize that doing so also changes the future and so when I return to the future again--things would be different there too. hmmm...its really a difficult choice, isn't it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine »

I choose the past.
I do not like to know what happens in the future.
What if there is nothing left of anything in the future?
I will like to go to Israel, during the time of Jesus and see Him face to face.
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

chongjasmine wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 11:02 I choose the past.
I do not like to know what happens in the future.
What if there is nothing left of anything in the future?
I will like to go to Israel, during the time of Jesus and see Him face to face.
It would certainly be good to see someone like that in person and find out what they were like for yourself :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links