Treasured Deck Discussion

Search for those Decks we just have to have!

Moderator: Jo Ann

Jo Ann
Founder

Treasured Deck Discussion

Post by Jo Ann »

Discussion is here. it will keep the list topic from getting clutter and maybe miss a deck or two that is being searched for.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Lebanese Tarot

Post by Nemia »

For a long time now, I love the Lebanese Tarot but it's absolutely out of my league. It's rarely on the market, and if it is, it's for crazy sums of money. I'm sure someone will pay the $599 for the deck right now on sale on Ebay, but hey, it won't be me.

It was the Lebanese that made me decide to buy independent deck when I see and like them because once they disappear, it's just a matter of luck whether you find it again. I don't have a very precious collection but some of my decks, the Eisbergfreistadt, Roots of Asia and others, are hard to find and people pay crazy sums for them it seems.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Treasured Deck Discussion

Post by Jo Ann »

that's why my collection COLLECTION is for my husband when i die. so he can have extra money. he's a freak for ebay anyway. lol.

with the deck you want they should offer free shipping if you ask me.

That's like Jouney into Eygpt. It's $80 plus shipping. too much for me.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

tarot as an investment... who knew?

but what the heck with some of the prices! i saw an old hand colored european deck (missing a few cards) from the 1800s going for $1200, but a deck from 1997 going for just as much? the greenwood tarot, i think it’s called.

i wonder why they just don’t reprint it already. copyright issues? if the demand is that high for out of print decks surely a reprint, even if limited, would be a huge success.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Greenwood is a collection deck because it is out of print. some authors only wanted one printing. I wouldn't mind getting my hand on the greenwood myself.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

The most I've ever spent on a deck is the $66 plus shipping that it cost to pre-order the new edition of the Victorian Romantic. The only reason I did it was because I know that if I don't like the deck and Baba decks pretty much always hold or gain their value.

Otherwise, the most I've ever spent is $50 but, generally, I like to stay below $20. I'm starting to reconsider that though because I do appreciate the work that goes into independently produced decks and I'd like to be able to help support people like Duck Soup, Seven Stars, or Le Fanu. I'm not the sort of person who goes in for lots and lots of decks so I could probably afford one of those guys decks if/when it's something that I "need."
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

there are a couple decks from hayhouse i want. I will wait until their next $7 a deck sale. I got 3 decks last time for $21 and free shipping after 2 or more decks. Of the three i really like the universe has you back. cuz i can put them on my counter and draw one. same with crazy sexy love notes, which doesn't really have sex in it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Years ago, someone gave me a Buckland Romani, missing two cards. Me, being a graphic designer, replaced those two cards. An expert would be pard-pressed to find them. Then someone else gave me the companion book, yay!, which seriously needed rebinding. Well, guess what I did? Yup, rebound it. Perfect. I wouldn’t feel comfortable selling or trading it, it would be unethical, so it’s for my own personal use & I love that deck!
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Oh!
I have a few decks like that. I really want them but they are either not shipped into Israel or very rare..
I am talking here about:
Madam Endora fortune cards
Dragon Age tarot (as a fan of the game I really need it)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Mageshifter wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 08:30 Oh!
I have a few decks like that. I really want them but they are either not shipped into Israel or very rare..
I am talking here about:
Madam Endora fortune cards
Dragon Age tarot (as a fan of the game I really need it)
Why is that? So, someone couldn’t be able to snailmail you one?
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links