Grounding

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
Canid

Grounding

Post by Canid »

To ground or not to ground...Grounding methods. Go barefoot, dig your toes in the dirt. Hug a tree or two. Blink your eyes madly at the sun. Walk in (if you can’t walk ‘on’) water. Stick your finger in an electrical outlet (kidding, but it would definitely ground you).

But why ground? I know, I’ve heard it all. But why attempt to purposely anchor yourself to an imperfect (and it is) physical world? I love nature, I love animals of all kinds, I’ve given CPR to squirrels, chipmonks, possums, fish, insects, etc. (for real, sometimes it was successful, sometimes not so much.) I believe we should consider ourselves as visitors in this imperfect world/universe & attempt to transcend to a more perfect place. Where is it? I’m still looking & won’t stop till I find it...
But if you want to ground, do it right. Go barefoot, stick your toes in the dirt, look at the clouds & smell truffles!! I’m serious. Truffles are the most healthy, earthy scent ever.
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Re: Grounding

Post by kyan »

LOL the electric socket :icon_eek: but what a message! such positivity, thank you! it’s true. take the time to appreciate nature.

wait — how do you give mouth to mouth to a fish tho? :icon_e_confused:

i remember when the power went out at our school, our 4th or 5th grade teacher (mrs. howell “the owl” — because of her round glasses. think iris apfel) freaked out and had all the boys in the class take turns blowing into the airline going into the class fishtank’s undergravel filter.

she insisted that the fish would all die because they weren’t getting oxygen since the pump stopped working. I TRIED to explain that we breathed out carbon dioxide —not oxygen— and that the fish would be just fine without us doing anything (i was already an aquarist by then, having had several goldfish bowls and two 10 gallon tanks in operation) but she ordered the boys (why just boys i’ll never know) take turns blowing into the damn airline hose.

i flatly refused. :icon_evil:

1. it’s a good way to spread germs. (it was wintertime and students had colds)

2. the boys were blowing so hard (trying to out blow each other) that they literally lifted the filter plates off the bottom of the tank and sent debris into the tank until it was a murky, polluted mess.

3. the commotion stressed the fish so much that they started to die before our very eyes. basically all the neon tetras went belly up within minutes.

i was so furious... i called her stupid (plus some other choice words) and got sent to the principals office pronto. luckily, the principal was intelligent and understood my frustration and was sympathetic. she also told me that mrs. howell wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, LOL. but the fish still died. :-(

anyway...... :icon_rolleyes:

i’ve heard of grounding called “Earthing”, and there is a free ebook about it somewhere...

it makes sense. earth energy is real. you use it to recharge your body. we are electrical beings and the earth is too. electrons, qi energy, whatever it is, it makes up part of who we are... without our connection to earth, we lose touch and our health suffers. just like we need sunlight to survive, we need proper natural earth energy too.

at a poetry reading in berkeley in a hot summer day, poet jinn jovel did a simple grounding exercise before she started and WOW it made all the difference in the world. we went from hot, soggy and uncomfortable (the room wasn’t air conditioned) to feeling lighter, cooler and refreshed.

she had us imagine energy from the earth going up one leg, up our bodies through our hearts and minds and then back down the other leg and back into the earth again. then we were to picture this as a circle of energy running through us, while doing some simple deep breathing techniques, visualizing cooling relief and ocean breezes. after several minutes of this, we were done. she asked, “okay... don’t ya’ll feel better now?”

it was amazing. we all agreed that we did feel better. there were smiles all around, and a few whispered wows. it was my introduction to grounding and it changed my life forever...

so glad you brought it up again! barefoot in the park isn’t just a jane fonda movie!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

the free ebook i mentioned is called “Earthing” and it’s by Clinton Ober, Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., and Martin Zucker.

here’s an excerpt:

What is Earthing?

Earthing involves coupling your body to the Earth’s eternal and gentle surface ener- gies. It means walking barefoot outside and/or sitting, working or sleeping inside while connected to a conductive device that delivers the natural healing energy of the Earth into your body. For more than ten years, thousands of people around the world—men, women, children, and athletes—have incorporated Earthing into their daily routines. The results have been documented and they are extraordinary.

What isn’t Earthing?

You are not in any sense being electrocuted. Earthing is among the most natural and safest things you can do.

What happens?

Your body becomes suffused with negative-charged free electrons abundantly pres- ent on the surface of the Earth. Your body immediately equalizes to the same elec- tric energy level, or potential, as the Earth.

What do you feel?

Sometimes, a warm, tingling sensation and often feelings of ease and well-being.

Will you feel better?

Usually, yes, and often rapidly. The degree of improvement varies from person to person. The important thing is to make Earthing a long-term addition to your daily routine, and to do it as much as possible so as to gain maximum benefits. When Earthing is stopped, symptoms tend to slowly return.

What does Earthing do?

Observations and research indicate the following benefits from Earthing; we expect many more to emerge with ongoing studies. Earthing:

• Defuses the cause of inflammation, and improves or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders.

• Reduces or eliminates chronic pain.

• Improves sleep in most cases.

• Increases energy.

• Lowers stress and promotes calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.

• Normalizes the body’s biological rhythms.

• Thins blood and improves blood pressure and flow.

• Relieves muscle tension and headaches.

• Lessens hormonal and menstrual symptoms.

• Dramatically speeds healing and helps prevent bedsores.

• Reduces or eliminates jet lag.

• Protects the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).

• Accelerates recovery from intense athletic activity.

summer is coming.... soon it will be time for barefoot tarot readings in the park. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I'm very much connected to the four directions, and I found my own way of grounding. I have compasses everywhere in the house and in my bag and often around my neck, and I know to find the directions anywhere. I stand with my face to the North, imagine myself in the middle of a compass rose, and then slowly enlarge my vision to all directions. Where are the sea and the mountains and the desert, where is the sun, the moon, where are the stars? I try to visualize it all. And my place in all this.

I find that very grounding, very relaxing and it makes me happy. I don't do it before every tarot reading by at least once a day. And since our bed is turned to the North, I can even do that little game in bed. It works especially well at night, under the stars, facing Polaris.

Another thing: I often read that it helps to visualize white light. For me, white light doesn't work so well - rainbow light (which is after all white light broken by glass or water) works better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Nemia wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 12:56 I'm very much connected to the four directions, and I found my own way of grounding. I have compasses everywhere in the house and in my bag and often around my neck, and I know to find the directions anywhere. I stand with my face to the North, imagine myself in the middle of a compass rose, and then slowly enlarge my vision to all directions. Where are the sea and the mountains and the desert, where is the sun, the moon, where are the stars? I try to visualize it all. And my place in all this.

I find that very grounding, very relaxing and it makes me happy. I don't do it before every tarot reading by at least once a day. And since our bed is turned to the North, I can even do that little game in bed. It works especially well at night, under the stars, facing Polaris.

Another thing: I often read that it helps to visualize white light. For me, white light doesn't work so well - rainbow light (which is after all white light broken by glass or water) works better.
An odd & unexplainable gift I have is instinctively ‘knowing’ where north is. A compass is helpful for verification though. Isn’t that weird? Lika a hummingbird...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Oh, you do cpr on a fish by gently moving them backward in water.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

^^^

aaah, that’s good to know. i was picturing kissing fish. :icon_e_smile:

your rainbow light visualization sounds interesting, nemia. i learned recently something about the great pyramids and rainbows:

“The Great Pyramid’s slope angles match the angles necessary to perceive a rainbow. A rainbow is 2 wide, the double rainbow is 3 wide and the space between is 8 wide. 1,1,2,3,5,8 is Fibonacci.”

the accompanying graphic showed that the angles were 42 and 51.84 degrees. i also learned that the sides of the pyramids are not flat, but each side is angled slightly inward!

🌈 🌈 🌈

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

You can find Fibonacci numbers everywhere in nature - in our bodies and the universe. And you will also find them in many works of architecture and art. Some people say it's God's creative formula :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

...and i thought fibonacci was a clothing company from italy.

:icon_rolleyes:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

kyan wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 04:48 the free ebook i mentioned is called “Earthing” and it’s by Clinton Ober, Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., and Martin Zucker.

here’s an excerpt:

What is Earthing?

Earthing involves coupling your body to the Earth’s eternal and gentle surface ener- gies. It means walking barefoot outside and/or sitting, working or sleeping inside while connected to a conductive device that delivers the natural healing energy of the Earth into your body. For more than ten years, thousands of people around the world—men, women, children, and athletes—have incorporated Earthing into their daily routines. The results have been documented and they are extraordinary.

What isn’t Earthing?

You are not in any sense being electrocuted. Earthing is among the most natural and safest things you can do.

What happens?

Your body becomes suffused with negative-charged free electrons abundantly pres- ent on the surface of the Earth. Your body immediately equalizes to the same elec- tric energy level, or potential, as the Earth.

What do you feel?

Sometimes, a warm, tingling sensation and often feelings of ease and well-being.

Will you feel better?

Usually, yes, and often rapidly. The degree of improvement varies from person to person. The important thing is to make Earthing a long-term addition to your daily routine, and to do it as much as possible so as to gain maximum benefits. When Earthing is stopped, symptoms tend to slowly return.

What does Earthing do?

Observations and research indicate the following benefits from Earthing; we expect many more to emerge with ongoing studies. Earthing:

• Defuses the cause of inflammation, and improves or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders.

• Reduces or eliminates chronic pain.

• Improves sleep in most cases.

• Increases energy.

• Lowers stress and promotes calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.

• Normalizes the body’s biological rhythms.

• Thins blood and improves blood pressure and flow.

• Relieves muscle tension and headaches.

• Lessens hormonal and menstrual symptoms.

• Dramatically speeds healing and helps prevent bedsores.

• Reduces or eliminates jet lag.

• Protects the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).

• Accelerates recovery from intense athletic activity.

summer is coming.... soon it will be time for barefoot tarot readings in the park. :icon_e_smile:
Well now you have me interested in checking this out and I guess I will have to buy the mat

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links