Grounding

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
kyan

Re: Grounding

Post by kyan »

Belinda2 wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 18:24

Well now you have me interested in checking this out and I guess I will have to buy the mat
no need for a mat! just go barefoot. lay on the grass. look up at clouds. walk on the beach, and like canid said, dig your toes in the dirt!

unless you do yoga outdoors. then you should have a mat so you have secure footing for those more difficult moves. :icon_razz:

here's a pic of my 88 year old father in law earthing. only he calls it weeding. he's laying down because his knees give out... (he isn't barefoot, but his body is in contact with the earth!) bless his soul. :icon_e_smile:

i call this "splendor in the grass". :icon_e_wink:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

You can find Fibonacci numbers everywhere in nature - in our bodies and the universe. And you will also find them in many works of architecture and art. Some people say it's God's creative formula :-)
here's the inforgraphic i was talking about. simplified no doubt, but still...

imagine grounding your butt on top of that pyramid! LOL

if i can find the one with the drawing showing the bend on the side of the pyramids i'll post it too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

kyan wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 22:52
Belinda2 wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 18:24

Well now you have me interested in checking this out and I guess I will have to buy the mat
no need for a mat! just go barefoot. lay on the grass. look up at clouds. walk on the beach, and like canid said, dig your toes in the dirt!

unless you do yoga outdoors. then you should have a mat so you have secure footing for those more difficult moves. :icon_razz:

here's a pic of my 88 year old father in law earthing. only he calls it weeding. he's laying down because his knees give out... (he isn't barefoot, but his body is in contact with the earth!) bless his soul. :icon_e_smile:

i call this "splendor in the grass". :icon_e_wink:
Nice pic thanks for sharing

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

thank you, belinda.

he's a WW2 vet... he ran away from home and joined the merchant marines when he was 16. lied about his age. his brother lied too -- he was a year younger. they sailed on liberty ships, carrying ammunition. so there he was laying on the ground, weeding. digging that big low trench you see behind him. but when i saw him from afar, i thought he had passed away doing what he loved. i seriously thought he had collapsed or fallen. he's a fall risk, having broken his hip three times already. but there he was, casually digging away... after i ran over to him, he simply looked up and smiled. i had to pull out my phone and snap the pic.

he is always outside, earthing. :icon_razz:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

kyan wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 02:00 thank you, belinda.

he's a WW2 vet... he ran away from home and joined the merchant marines when he was 16. lied about his age. his brother lied too -- he was a year younger. they sailed on liberty ships, carrying ammunition. so there he was laying on the ground, weeding. digging that big low trench you see behind him. but when i saw him from afar, i thought he had passed away doing what he loved. i seriously thought he had collapsed or fallen. he's a fall risk, having broken his hip three times already. but there he was, casually digging away... after i ran over to him, he simply looked up and smiled. i had to pull out my phone and snap the pic.

he is always outside, earthing. :icon_razz:
Oh, Kyan, this is funny. Not that your dad falls (I still have my hosp bracelet on, for luck, ya know), but my hubby just walked by & saw your dad’s pic, asked if he’s my new boyfriend, so I tried to explain to him that he falls & he just burst out laughing...said, “and they stopped to take a pic before helping him up??!! How would you have felt?” Our eyes were spurting tears of laughter...last month he helped me, carried me at times, before I finally caved & went to the hospital. NOT laughing at your dad, just the thoght; he looks pretty content.

The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Canid wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 14:33
Oh, Kyan, this is funny. Not that your dad falls (I still have my hosp bracelet on, for luck, ya know), but my hubby just walked by & saw your dad’s pic, asked if he’s my new boyfriend, so I tried to explain to him that he falls & he just burst out laughing...said, “and they stopped to take a pic before helping him up??!! How would you have felt?” Our eyes were spurting tears of laughter...last month he helped me, carried me at times, before I finally caved & went to the hospital. NOT laughing at your dad, just the thoght; he looks pretty content.

hahha! your new boyfriend. it’s funny because i actually told my FIL that he could find a new girlfriend with a pic like that. :icon_lol:

we went to rite aid today and made prints of photos and i enlarged that one to an 8x10 to frame. he just looks so damn content and happy there. he’s usually a crusty, complaining old fart bag!! :icon_evil: :icon_lol:

glad you two had a good laugh...! it’s the best medicine!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Arcange

Post by Arcange »

In yoga meditation there are grounding techniques. Most people think yoga is physical exercise but that’s a small part of the whole.

Fibonacci popularized those numbers but the come from Hindousim and probably earlier.

Grounding is basically polarazation. The magician card shows a mudra that can help ground.

Grounding can help keep us in balance. Consider we have 300 trillion cells in our bodies and inside every one there is electrical impulses with polarization. You can use meridians to ground. And chanting can have amazing effects.
Channel K loves U :grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Canid

Post by Canid »

Arcange wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 15:50 In yoga meditation there are grounding techniques. Most people think yoga is physical exercise but that’s a small part of the whole.

Fibonacci popularized those numbers but the come from Hindousim and probably earlier.

Grounding is basically polarazation. The magician card shows a mudra that can help ground.

Grounding can help keep us in balance. Consider we have 300 trillion cells in our bodies and inside every one there is electrical impulses with polarization. You can use meridians to ground. And chanting can have amazing effects.
Huh. Is the Fibonacci that same miniscule geometric *God* particle, that replicates itself perfectly, & makes up all life in the universe?? And we are living in constructed universe, like a Matrix?
The eye thru which I see God is the same eye thru which God sees me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Well I just discovered a book called Forest bathing. Which started in Japan which helps with stress and other diseases. Kind of like grounding. Unfortunately I don't live that close to the forest. Here is a link about it:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... y-and-mood

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

shinrin-yoku! see, it totally makes sense to hug a tree from time to time. the air in the forest is cleaner too. oxygen levels higher, less particulate matter to infiltrate our lungs, and if you read medical reports they say that particulates is the major culprit to all kinds of disease.

that's not to say country living is totally healthy. if you live in agricultural areas, even far from cities, you may be experiencing higher pollution levels than your average city. pollen, dust and dirt kicked up from farm equipment, plus airborne pesticides and insecticides floating in the air... have you been to the lavender fields near bakersfield lately? CRAZY. :icon_e_confused:

so pristine forests, far from civilization, is where you want to be. :clap:
Last edited by kyan on 20 Apr 2018, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links