A Big, "Howdy Y'all" From Texas!

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
VegasGeorge

A Big, "Howdy Y'all" From Texas!

Post by VegasGeorge »

I became interested in tarot back in the late 1970's. I read extensively from the books available at the time, collecting material over a period of years. I used the information and cards mostly for meditation and self improvement. But, I eventually did some readings, and even set up a tarot table at a local (California) psychic fair. Then, an odd thing happened. Our Catholic housekeeper of many years became spooked by my tarot materials, and up and quit us. My wife at the time became concerned, and she insisted that I give up the cards. So, I did. Now, it's thirty years later, and everything has changed. My previous wife died, and I've remarried. I just recently discovered that my new wife, Susan, has her own R/W deck, and has used the cards herself for many years. So, my interest in tarot has been re-kindled. I've set out to re-aquire my tarot library, updated of course, and to refresh my knowledge. I've forgotten so much! I've started out to re-read Meditations On The Tarot, which I always felt to be a most inspiring work. And I have Sally Nicholes' and Barbara Walker's wonderful books lined up to re-read next. I'm so excited to be on the path again! And now, there is the internet and this marvelous forum to help me along. I am so appreciative. Thank you all for being here, and I look forward to participating with y'all in the years to come. Blessings to all.
I am the greatest superhero of all time, the amazing Captain Underpants! :icon_eek:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: A Big, "Howdy Y'all" From Texas!

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi VegasGeorge,

Welcome to the site. We're delighted to have you. One book that I think would be really great for someone getting back into tarot would be Mark K. Greer's Tarot For Your Self. It's one of the all time classics, in my opinion, and should really help get you reconnected with your decks.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Amanda
Global Moderator

Post by Amanda »

Welcome! :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Hi VegasGeorge,

Thanks for sharing your story of how you found your way (back) to Tarot, and eventually to us. That's awesome! :clap:

Welcome to ET!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
VegasGeorge

Post by VegasGeorge »

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

Charlie, I got Greer's "Liberating Tarot" last week, and look forward to reading it. I just ordered "Tarot For Your Self." Thanks for the suggestion! :icon_e_biggrin:

PS: I just thought about posting my library contents, and seeing what suggestions everyone has for additional materials. I think I'll do that in the General Discussion section. What fun!
I am the greatest superhero of all time, the amazing Captain Underpants! :icon_eek:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links