Forum Lurkers

But not politics

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here for your everyday chat and anything non esoteric, No politics or religion talk.
DownUnderNZer

Forum Lurkers

Post by DownUnderNZer »

I think I have just become a forum lurker for the first time.

Must say it is interesting just reading, assessing, and not participating.

Downside: Not lurking enough so the password gets forgotten.
Upside: Being able to pop in and see if anything has changed or is interesting or not.

Am wondering if members are allowed to lurk rather than participate or is there a minimal participation requirement

:Cool: :Study: :Cool: :Laugh: :64(26): :64(6):
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Forum Lurkers

Post by CharlotteK »

Hi there DNZ:) Good to see you!

This forum needs active member participation to thrive. It has a decent number of members but not all that many are posting right now. To make it more interesting, a greater variety of posts from people with knowledge to offer, like yourself, would be very welcome 🖒😊

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

DownUnderNZer wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 11:36 I think I have just become a forum lurker for the first time.

Must say it is interesting just reading, assessing, and not participating.

Downside: Not lurking enough so the password gets forgotten.
Upside: Being able to pop in and see if anything has changed or is interesting or not.

Am wondering if members are allowed to lurk rather than participate or is there a minimal participation requirement
To answer your question, no, there is no participation requirement. The members shape this forum, not the other way around. So you can see the value of participation. That's what gives this forum character, makes it a dynamic and interesting place. Every voice brings something.

You can lurk if you want to. But if instead of that, you could add your voice and help shape conversations, topics, and sub-forums. You could see Eclectic grow to encompass your views and interests. And that will encourage others, further creating a place where you will always find something interesting and inspiring and provocative. Which is probably what you are looking for I'm guessing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

And by the way DownUnderNZer, great question.

This is something we need to talk about.
:trans5:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Well, thanks for the responses.

I did not realize it was so quiet, but then I have not looked all over the place either on here. I suppose with AT closing and different members going to a number of places (including myself) it makes sense as to why it might take time etc.

It does come down to the members when it comes to making a website or any place thrive.

Food for thought that is for sure.....

DND :)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Why not try a reading circle or two this month and see how it goes?
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

I would if it interested me.

I am about to get busy this month with putting my Family Ancestry together a bit more comprehensively, so that is going to be the priority for some time I'd say.

DND :Laugh:

Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Sep 2017, 11:11 Why not try a reading circle or two this month and see how it goes?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links