Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by Nemia »

A new week is about to begin. Here we exchange our daily readings with our deck of the week.

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Participants:

Barleywine: Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot by Chic and Sandra Cicero (blueprint); Anthony Clark's Magickal Tarot
DownUnderNZer: Mystical Kipper & PsyCards
CharlotteK: Halloween Tarot (blueprint); Paulina Tarot
Shadowrose: Llewellyn Tarot
Nemia: Thoth (blueprint), CBD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Re: Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by Barleywine »

Next week I will be using two Golden-Dawn-based decks: The Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot by Chic and Sandra Cicero for the "blueprint" layout, and Anthony Clark's Magickal Tarot (more of a Thoth clone, really) for the daily "action" card. The artwork has some similarity, although Clark's is clearly superior, so it will be interesting to see how the two mesh.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

So, am going to give this a whirl.

Two Decks: Mystical Kipper & PsyCards.
Might add the Lenormand in for clarification or extra insight.

WEEKLY DRAW: October 16th until October 22nd, 2017

MYSTICAL KIPPER

Monday: Main Person: Male. (01)
Tuesday: Great Happiness (26)
Wednesday: Court Person (30)
Thursday: Marriage Card (03)
Friday: Work Occupation (34)
Saturday: Main Person: Female(02)
Sunday: Living Room (21) + Journey (10)

As Living Room is a timing card I pulled one extra!

DAILY DRAW:

PSYCARDS

Monday: The Beauty (27)
Tuesday: The Beauty (27) + The Puzzle (36)
Wednesday: The Liar (29)
Thursday: Union (40)
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Just so we are all clear, there is no shot gun wedding or marriage planned for Thursday.

DND :wave:
Last edited by DownUnderNZer on 18 Oct 2017, 09:47, edited 3 times in total.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

MONDAY:

The Beauty is about love or romance in the air. (Not happening I can tell you as I have more important things to do!)

Will see how the rest of the day goes as I do not mind looking at pleasant looking faces etc. No harm in observation or appreciation.

Also, it could be telling me that there is a sensitive side to myself that I do not know, and that sometimes people think beauty is what makes the world go around with clothes, size, height, and good looks etc.

The MAIN PERSON (MALE) is about a current male of importance or a future partner. I do like a man close to 80 that I think a lot of as a person and one other that is about 57 years old, but not anything fanciful.

A) Perhaps during the rest of my day someone is going to catch my attention and make me think about the importance of image and relationships, or...

B) I might spot a good looking male that will stir something in me - a sensitive hidden side I do not know about yet.

Plain speaking this does not really relate to my personal life nor is it something I see happening in a single day, so I am not sure how it will relate.

However, I will return to say if it did or not.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 10:26 So, am going to give this a whirl.

MYSTICAL KIPPER

DAILY DRAW:

PSYCARDS

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Just so we are all clear, there is no shot gun wedding or marriage planned for Thursday.

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm going to have another go at the Barleywine Blueprint this week and I am going to mix two wildly different decks.

Blueprint Deck will be Halloween Tarot and Daily card 'action' deck will be the Paulina :icon_eek:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

I'd like to give this a try, but I think I'm just going to do a one card a day draw to ease myself into this.

I will be using my Llewellyn deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

Sign me up as well :icon_mrgreen: I will hopefully be able to actually finish this time :icon_redface: I'll be using Celtic Dragon Tarot
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

My card today is the Hermit. Seems rather fitting. Also rather fitting that this Moon-day happens to be the day my Moon-time cramps kicked in in full force. Yay. Combine that with a sinus infection that decided to rear its ugly head yesterday. Double yay. So all I wanted to do today was be the Hermit with my book, curled up on the couch with a hot water bottle. Instead, I have had to play Hermit in my head, It's been a rather introspective day and not entirely bad at all.
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

My card s for today are Seven of Imps (Wands) as my blueprint card and The Devil as my action card.

So today I have my mid-year review with my line manager and although the outcome of that is a little uncertain, if I present myself well and stand up for the things I have done, it looks as though it may go well. The 'head imp' here points to a hill to climb and that's how I feel about my job at the moment. I should show some courage today.

But the Devil is a caution not to get too caught up in my own narrative and act too much from ego. I also need to really watch for general greediness today, especially indulgent eating, which I can do when feeling under pressure, but also spending.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

A few good looking high school boys were about today, but not enough to make me think hearts and roses.

Absolute romance with my Sushi today though! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

No new men, but my favorite Sushi chef was absent.

The only sensitive side I saw today was the manager when she became tearful about this remarkable story she was telling me, and as for beauty being important, I did see these two little obese kids and all I could think of was when they get older there could be some real health issues. Also, what are the possibilities of other kids teasing them right now. So, being a normal weight was something that crossed my mind today only it was not about image as such, but health and/or being teased.

More to life than being beautiful I reckon.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 10:52 MONDAY:

The Beauty is about love or romance in the air. (Not happening I can tell you as I have more important things to do!)

Will see how the rest of the day goes as I do not mind looking at pleasant looking faces etc. No harm in observation or appreciation.

Also, it could be telling me that there is a sensitive side to myself that I do not know, and that sometimes people think beauty is what makes the world go around with clothes, size, height, and good looks etc.

The MAIN PERSON (MALE) is about a current male of importance or a future partner. I do like a man close to 80 that I think a lot of as a person and one other that is about 57 years old, but not anything fanciful.

A) Perhaps during the rest of my day someone is going to catch my attention and make me think about the importance of image and relationships, or...

B) I might spot a good looking male that will stir something in me - a sensitive hidden side I do not know about yet.

Plain speaking this does not really relate to my personal life nor is it something I see happening in a single day, so I am not sure how it will relate.

However, I will return to say if it did or not.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 10:26 So, am going to give this a whirl.

MYSTICAL KIPPER

DAILY DRAW:

PSYCARDS

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links