Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
DownUnderNZer

Re: Deck of the week # 14 for Oct 16 - Oct 22

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Only two things so far today, but the day is not yet over:

A) Knowing about the Manager going into a court situation over bad tenants.

B) Before midnight, and after, I noticed I was not able to get in to email and even sites I look at from time to time. Eventually, I worked it out that my Google Search bar was changed to another country, and that country has blocks on a number of things so must be quite conservative. I actually opened up these LINKS offered at the bottom that explained WHY NO ACCESS.

A lot of legal jargon and a summary more or less saying that Google had been court ordered by law, in connection to a particular representative of the country in question, to block access to a number of different websites. This of course extended to anyone using the Google search bar under that country.

Could not look up to see if there is this bizarre "cafe" website that apparently exists, or existed, that offered some rather crazy menu choices from what I was told. Apparently, it was linked to this story on the news and in a documentary of this one man that chose to be cannibalized back in the early 2000s, I think, or late 1990s.

Anyways, I wont say what else I was trying to access because then that would mean I would have to lie! :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

All is restored back to the way it was now, so no more being banned from anything including my email.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 09:13 The Liar (29)

Interesting pull to go with Court Person.

No court for me today that I know of or being in trouble with the law.

I do know the manager had court yesterday and today over a bad tenant or two, but outside of that I'll have to see what unfolds today (or not) elsewhere.

Court person can also mean things like a traffic tickets, tax issues, penalties, and/or fines etc.

As for The Liar - something is not as it seems or someone is lying to me. Maybe I am lying to myself or whoever. It could be just that someone is wearing a mask - happy on the outside, but grieving on the inside. In addition, maybe there is something that is only on the surface and I need to look at it more deeply.

Whatever it is - is anyone's guess. I have no idea, but gee whiz I hope I am not going to be arrested for something like posting images of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand, Sybilla, or Gypsy Oracle.

DND :wave:
DownUnderNZer wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 10:26
WEEKLY DRAW: October 16th until October 22nd, 2017
Wednesday: Court Person (30)

DAILY DRAW:[
Wednesday: The Liar (29)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Tonight I've been watching this TV series about the FBI training police officers back in the 70s when in the infancy stages of Criminal Profiling. Stumbled across it on Netflix and thought it sounded interesting so why not give it a shot.

That is about the only encounter I have had with a court person type today and Liar.

So, to date and today:

A) Hearing about court for Tuesday and Wednesday only not myself.
B) Reading a Legal Notice passed on by Google to users like myself when I could not access email and/or certain websites. E.g. Rotten.com
C) A new TV show based on the FBI, police, and early stages of Criminal Profiling.

Am relieved I was not arrested for posting images of cards from different decks.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 22:55 Only two things so far today, but the day is not yet over:

A) Knowing about the Manager going into a court situation over bad tenants.

B) Before midnight, and after, I noticed I was not able to get in to email and even sites I look at from time to time. Eventually, I worked it out that my Google Search bar was changed to another country, and that country has blocks on a number of things so must be quite conservative. I actually opened up these LINKS offered at the bottom that explained WHY NO ACCESS.

A lot of legal jargon and a summary more or less saying that Google had been court ordered by law, in connection to a particular representative of the country in question, to block access to a number of different websites. This of course extended to anyone using the Google search bar under that country.

Could not look up to see if there is this bizarre "cafe" website that apparently exists, or existed, that offered some rather crazy menu choices from what I was told. Apparently, it was linked to this story on the news and in a documentary of this one man that chose to be cannibalized back in the early 2000s, I think, or late 1990s.

Anyways, I wont say what else I was trying to access because then that would mean I would have to lie! :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

All is restored back to the way it was now, so no more being banned from anything including my email.

DownUnderNZer wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 09:13 The Liar (29)

Interesting pull to go with Court Person.

No court for me today that I know of or being in trouble with the law.

I do know the manager had court yesterday and today over a bad tenant or two, but outside of that I'll have to see what unfolds today (or not) elsewhere.

Court person can also mean things like a traffic tickets, tax issues, penalties, and/or fines etc.

As for The Liar - something is not as it seems or someone is lying to me. Maybe I am lying to myself or whoever. It could be just that someone is wearing a mask - happy on the outside, but grieving on the inside. In addition, maybe there is something that is only on the surface and I need to look at it more deeply.

Whatever it is - is anyone's guess. I have no idea, but gee whiz I hope I am not going to be arrested for something like posting images of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand, Sybilla, or Gypsy Oracle.

DND :wave:
Wednesday: Court Person (30)

DAILY DRAW:[
Wednesday: The Liar (29)
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

My background card for today is the 2 of Pentacles reversed and the action card is the Knight of Wands. I have a couple of stalled projects that I need to get behind and push today, so the cards are perfect.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Meant to update not re-post.
Last edited by DownUnderNZer on 18 Oct 2017, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Like Court Person and The Liar being a perfect match the card today is:

UNION (40)

Marriage and Union. Hand in hand it seems.

I am not getting married nor do I know of anyone else getting married today!

So, what else can these cards be putting across:

MARRIAGE is about all relationships including business.
UNION is about marriage, marrying up opposites and/or whatever needs bonding together, reconciliations between people or the conscious - unconscious etc. It can also be about harmony and creativity. Gaining a wider perspective and/or new connections.

Looking right now at the cards this week they are in some ways not too different to some cards I pulled with the Gilded Reverie (extended version) to do with the remainder of this month. I think that spread brought up things more or less like: pay close attention do not take something at face value and reconciliations

Anyways, will have to see how it applies to my day or not. What I can say for certainty is that I will be having Sushi, but as for reconciling or marrying anything that is a bit of a puzzle and not something I normally think about on a daily basis. No one really does.Creativity seems more of a happening thing or making new connections although no plans today to do either as well.

Maybe someone from home (NZ) is getting married today or maybe someone I know that is not talking to someone else might have just made the first step to make amends.

I will have to update later.....

Thursday: Marriage Card (03)

DAILY DRAW:
Thursday: Union (40)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

More love today. The Queen of Cups as blueprint - and the Knight from the same suit as daily card.

Today was a very important day for me - my nest is now officially empty (even though it might fill up again a bit). The Queen/Cups is one of "my" court cards - she's my Moon significator. When she comes up, and she comes up quite a lot lately, I know the emphasis is on my private life, family life, marriage. The Queen/Pentacles, my Sun significator, shows up when career questions and practical matters (taxes!) have to be taken care of.

Today is a day of the heart, absolutely true.

The CBD is a deck I like very much. Strange enough - I feel it works really well with the Thoth, my touchstone for anything tarot. Not all the weekly decks I went through since I started in February have been so successful. The CBD, if I may anthopomorphize for a moment, has very fine sensors for my inner situation. Nothing could me more apt than the Knight/Cups today - emotion and movement.

I have to switch into a different mode now. Mother hen with the daily question how to fit my schedule to those of the children is now no longer relevant. What to cook, when to cook it, how to find the right balance between expecting them to do something and doing it by myself, who is where at what time - now it's only my beloved husband I have to take care of. And he can't wait to take care of me. Oh, and I still have a dozen cats to pamper and educate :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion »

I'm a bit behind with this but oh well, I'll do three in one today...

Tuesday - Ace of Wands (Air)
it was my day off on Tuesday so I spent much of it on the computer. I was able to add some new information to my growing card associations lists which was great. I was also able to organise my brain a little better which has been eminently helpful

Wednesday - Knight of Pentacles
Ha! I should have listened to this card! I both gained money (I got paid) and then lost money (funds for the True Black Kickstarter went out plus I was doing a little unintentional shopping while catching up with a friend). On the positive side, I got some black organza drawstring bags, to which I have changed the black ribbons for colours more suited to my specific decks to rehome them in. I have a blue-green ribbon for Golden Universal, purple for Shadowscapes, light blue for Celtic Dragon, and a warm brown one for Faeries Oracle. I don't have an appropriate colour for Rennaisance yet. I also found some cute little lock and key charms which I will add to the bags :icon_mrgreen:
I really should do more creative stuff like this!

Today - 5 of Swords rx and Chains (aka Devil)
I know it's only supposed to be ONE card but they both decided to jump. My first thought when I saw Chains was "these chains are of [my] own making". Oh yay. I suppose at least now I am aware of it I can do something about it...
As for the 5 of Swords, it looks like today may be a bit of a struggle with plans going awry but hopefully, I won't be at work until stupid o'clock. I'll have to update on this one later...
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
shadowrose

Post by shadowrose »

Today I drew the King of Wands. I giggled when I saw it because I immediately thought, "Hubby is my king of wands, lol" Then I started reading about it. The book comments that it represents Status, honor; An intellectual, artistic force who is more stable than the Knight of Wands.

So, I flipped over to see what the Knight of Wands said. A quick, clever man with a sense of humor; One with an unusual way of looking at life, recognizing patterns and opportunities missed by others; He is somewhat unpredictable, making for stimulating company; A man who inspires with his enthusiasm and gift of language; A considerate and loyal person.

Well, hubby does have a sense of humor and an unusual way of looking at life, though he is fairly oblivious about what happens around him. He isn't exactly unpredictable, but does tend to be spontaneous, which I am not. Hubby does NOT have a gift of language, lol, but he is kind and loyal.

I went back to reading about the King of Wands -- A man who has succeeded due to his own intelligence and determination; Overcoming a disadvantaged start in life to reach a position of influence and satisfaction; A life well lived.

Hubby was thrown into his current job with no training in photography, and it was only supposed to be 1/5 of his job, but it is realistically about 1/2 his job now, and he had to find info online, read manuals and play around to figure out how to do the best job with the camera he could. So yes, he has succeeded -- and excelled -- in his job due to his intelligence and determination. He definitely did have a disadvantaged start in life and his job now puts him in a position to bend the ear of some very prominent people. He does take great satisfaction in the fact that his photos are far and above in quality than other state photo labs in the country and that the boards who review these photos can tell which ones he took. Unfortunately, being a State job, he isn't earning what his talent and ability is worth. But we are comfortable.

I am beginning to see the connection between the cards now. Eager to see what I pull tomorrow.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Today's cards:

So the influence of the Four of Cups from yesterday's action card was still hanging around today but this time as the blueprint card. So more context rather than live action.

Yesterday's combo of Queen of Cups and Four of Cups turned out to be me offloading onto my boss about my struggles with the disengaged faction of my team and I did indeed get empathy and practical advice. Today I had an all day meeting with my team leaders and some of the issues I've had were there in the background lingering.

But my daily card today was Six of Wands. HURRAY!

And it was actually a pretty successful day. We made progress. They listened to me and to each other and didn't argue. It was great!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Not sure if this quite qualifies for marrying or reconciliation although union might be a consideration perhaps.

On a different website I have been asked to give the difference between the Dutch Lenormand system, the French, and German.

I gave the basic meanings, like here, for the German and French.

I made it clear a few weeks back that I only started the Lenormand threads there to kickstart it off for them. Am not really interested in being so fully involved. Do not mind assisting now and then, but I love my freedom above anything else and to do things when I want.

Right now, there is conflict within and no union or reconciliation of my thoughts and/or feelings. Will see how the rest of the day pans out as I am sure this will resolve by then.

Coffee time I think!
DownUnderNZer wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 09:43 Like Court Person and The Liar being a perfect match the card today is:

UNION (40)

Marriage and Union. Hand in hand it seems.

I am not getting married nor do I know of anyone else getting married today!

So, what else can these cards be putting across:

MARRIAGE is about all relationships including business.
UNION is about marriage, marrying up opposites and/or whatever needs bonding together, reconciliations between people or the conscious - unconscious etc. It can also be about harmony and creativity. Gaining a wider perspective and/or new connections.

Looking right now at the cards this week they are in some ways not too different to some cards I pulled with the Gilded Reverie (extended version) to do with the remainder of this month. I think that spread brought up things more or less like: pay close attention do not take something at face value and reconciliations

Anyways, will have to see how it applies to my day or not. What I can say for certainty is that I will be having Sushi, but as for reconciling or marrying anything that is a bit of a puzzle and not something I normally think about on a daily basis. No one really does.Creativity seems more of a happening thing or making new connections although no plans today to do either as well.

Maybe someone from home (NZ) is getting married today or maybe someone I know that is not talking to someone else might have just made the first step to make amends.

I will have to update later.....

Thursday: Marriage Card (03)

DAILY DRAW:
Thursday: Union (40)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links